Normal Topic Issues creating a password (Read 687 times)
Gerry
Justice Leaguer

Graak kill Blue Skins! />

Issues creating a password
Dec 13th, 2013 at 4:26am
Print Post  
Someone on another forum posted they were having issues signing up for the forum here.

They posted "Tried signing up there a couple of times...but it generates me a 22 character password temporary to use in an 18 character password box, so no joy"

Any idea why that might be happening? I was going to suggest they try the help page, but I saw nothing there for someone not on the forums all ready to contact someone for help.

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Re: Issues creating a password
Reply #1 - Dec 13th, 2013 at 12:52pm
Print Post  
hmm weird, ok i will look into it and make the temp password shorter.  I know with anything shorter than that, the spam joiners go crazy and it creates a lot of work for me, but I'll give it a shot.

Anticipation of death is worse than death itself -- Steven Segal

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Re: Issues creating a password
Reply #2 - Dec 13th, 2013 at 12:57pm
Print Post  
Ok so not sure if they meant our site because I have it set for the forum to email them a random 12 character length password once they register. Once they log in with that random password, it will prompt them for a new password with a minimum 8 character length.

I know the default settings were more stringent than that but I changed those settings months ago.  Tell them to delete the cookies and cache and try again.  Or tell them to email the webmaster (me) and tell me what they want the password to be and I can change it to that for them.

Anticipation of death is worse than death itself -- Steven Segal

IP Logged

>