Normal Topic 'Climb Mount Sirabashin': a Bushido Campaign (Read 2950 times)
Captain Avenger
Sidekick

I Love V&V!

'Climb Mount Sirabashin': a Bushido Campaign
Jan 20th, 2014 at 12:04am
Print Post  
The last time I was on Bushido's section of the FGU Forum there didn't seem to have been any new posts since 2012 so I thought I'd post this idea here.

So this is my first Bushido adventure I came up with. Let me know what you think. 

The story centers around the PCs working as apprentices for a well know swordsmith near Osaka. The swordsmith is a widower who also is the father of a teenage daughter and a young son. The daughter knew a teenage boy who had been friends since they were very young but the boy has now join up with a Yakuza gang whose influence spands about a quarter of Nippon and the boy has desided the swordsmith's daughter would be a great mistress for him.

This, of course does not sit well with the swordsmith at all so he desides to send his daughter to live with his older brother who lives in a lake fishing village and whose nephew is also living with the swordsmith as an apprentice. However, the Yakuza boy finds out and has his fellow gang members try to chase them down before they make it the the lake village.

The adventure set forth toward the PCs is to make it to the swordsmith's brother before getting caught by the Yakuza and possibly killed.

But here is the part the players aren't suppose to know. The swordsmith, his fisherman brother, and the leader of the Yakuza all knew each other long before. They tried their hand is the occult to gain power and wealth. But, not knowing what they were getting themselves into they summoned a devil who they tried to control but weren't strong enough. The devil almost got away when the three men put it back to it's dimension. But now the Yakuza/wizard believes he's found a way to control the devil but he needs the blood of an innocent girl to help solidify his control and when he learned of his former cohort's daughter being pursuded by one of his underlings he thought it was too good of a chance to pass up.

So what do you think? Does it sound like a decent adventure to play?

IP Logged

Dr.Demented
Teen Titan

who knows what evil lurks
in heart of man

Re: 'Climb Mount Sirabashin': a Bushido Campaign
Reply #1 - Jan 20th, 2014 at 1:38am
Print Post  
Sounds real good you going to do it in V & V Grin

YIM  
IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #2 - Jan 20th, 2014 at 2:06am
Print Post  
I have a Feudal Japanese adventure planned.  We didn't play yet.  So this was fun to read.

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

Captain Avenger
Sidekick

I Love V&V!

Reply #3 - Jan 20th, 2014 at 6:54pm
Print Post  
Thanks. This Bushido adventure has taken a little while to come up with because I wanted to make sure there was enough to keep their interest because it's going to be a pretty long campaign.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #4 - Jan 20th, 2014 at 7:30pm
Print Post  
Sounds good. I think we played Bushido maybe a half dozen times if even that many.

I am a bit partial to The Japanese so I am waiting to see how it goes for you

IP Logged

Captain Avenger
Sidekick

I Love V&V!

Reply #5 - Mar 2nd, 2014 at 2:04am
Print Post  
Well, I had my first game of the Bushido campaign and it went rather smoothly. I had three players show up and since the campaign was meant for 3-5 players anyway there was no problem there. Most of the time was taken up creating characters and trying to establish the scene. We got the story going a little bit but enough to get some action in.

IP Logged

Matt
Justice Leaguer

Super hero role-playing
& Bronze Age comics fan

Reply #6 - Mar 4th, 2014 at 8:47pm
Print Post  
Love Bushido. It's a perennial on my Top Ten games. Dang would I love to get a campaign going. Personally I'd leave out most magic stuff and hee closer to the real world with only the rare instance of fantasy. Glad to hear someone else is playing.

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #7 - Mar 6th, 2014 at 12:43am
Print Post  
From what I hear, FGU may actually some new "new" Bushido material in the works. I'll post specifics once it's confirmed.

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

Matt
Justice Leaguer

Super hero role-playing
& Bronze Age comics fan

Reply #8 - Feb 16th, 2015 at 9:48pm
Print Post  
So what have you heard? I'd buy it even if I never get to play it.

IP Logged

>