Normal Topic Sounds, Effects and Themes (Read 1332 times)
Klystron
Ex Member

Sounds, Effects and Themes
Apr 6th, 2015 at 5:39pm
Print Post  
I am starting to experiment with sound effects and themes for various parts of the game. I started out trying to find theme music and taking sound bites and passages for various things.  Combat, recurring villains, searching for something, etc.. I also wanted to use point that unless you are trained in stealth, you are probably not very.

For example, I have an armored player in my current game with an animated servant, basically a drone with limited feedback capabilities.  I created a sound effect for this action to demonstrate it is not without cost. and definitely not stealthy.  I have attached the takeoff sound to this post.  It consists of three different sounds combined into one file. The drone returning is simply the takeoff sequenced backwards

Is anyone else doing something similar?  If so, did it work or was it too cumbersome?
I tried it once so far, to mixed results but it may have been my enthusiasm that diluted the effect.

I thought this might be a good idea; using music and sound to similar effect as do movies. I am starting to build a library and am willing to share with anyone who wants to give it a go.

Be truthful, can anyone in this forum hear the Imperial March and not look over his or her shoulder for Vader approaching?

Chokol_Take_Off.zip ( 711 KB | 3 Downloads )

IP Logged

Phrennzy
Avenger

I'm very pretty!

Re: Sounds, Effects and Themes
Reply #1 - Apr 6th, 2015 at 7:06pm
Print Post  
When I want to write V&V stuff, I play the old Super Friends theme song.  The one that they did a spoof on Family Guy and replaced the Justice League with the Griffins.  It gets me going:

"Their mission: to fight injustice, to right that which is wrong, and to serve all mankind."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhMr4hBwWGw

IP Logged

Phrennzy
Avenger

I'm very pretty!

Reply #2 - Apr 6th, 2015 at 7:10pm
Print Post  
I never really got into the New Adventures of Johnny Quest, but I would tune in just to catch the theme music.  Holy cow is it bad ass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIuuPTM3nSc

IP Logged

Klystron
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Apr 6th, 2015 at 7:57pm
Print Post  
I never watched the new version but that is a remix of the original I watched as a kid.

That's one I'll have to go get.
Thanks for the memory.

IP Logged

Ironnerd
Justice Leaguer

Crunchy on the outside,
chewy on the inside.

Reply #4 - Apr 7th, 2015 at 1:51pm
Print Post  
I kinda like the soundtrack from "Tron: Uprising"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2W66ds0e2yw

John "Ironnerd" Adams
"The GM is the balancing mechanic" - Klystron

IP Logged

Matt
Justice Leaguer

Super hero role-playing
& Bronze Age comics fan

Reply #5 - Apr 7th, 2015 at 8:03pm
Print Post  
A long long time ago we wrote and played our own themes for heroes.  Didn't record them, though.

IP Logged

>