Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Rampage (Read 15272 times)
dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Rampage
May 5th, 2015 at 5:56pm
Print Post  
It's a warm Summer night in Empire City. A full moon casts a bright light of the calm waters of bay, and a light breeze blows in from the East. Officer Sean McDonald, ECPD has just begun what he hopes to be a quiet shift, when he receives a call.

"Unit 23, Dispatch."

"Unit 23."

"Respond to a call disorderly conduct call at 926 East Vermont Street. Complainant doesn't wish to be seen."

"10-4, show me en route."

Moments later officer McDonald arrives at what at first appears to be a large party being held in old warehouse. Loud music is booming from an unseen sound system, and a crowd of several dozen young people has formed outside. As soon as one of them spots his patrol car, a call goes out.

"Five-O, Five-O, ya'll!!"

Officer McDonald pulls his car to a stop, and calls in a quick report. 

" On scene, and I've got a crowd of about 30-35 people, can I get a couple of additional units?"

Just as he finishes his radio transmission, a bottle smashes into his windshield, and laughter erupts from the crowd.

"23 to Dispatch. Be advised that my vehicle his being hit with bottles, can you get a supervisor, in route, and advise responding units to expedite."

Just then a rock smacks into his passenger window.

"Get the @$%&* outta here, we ain't bugging nobody!"

To be continued

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

"Justice Like Lightning!"

Re: Rampage
Reply #1 - May 5th, 2015 at 7:09pm
Print Post  
Shawn had just left the 'workshop' he and Lorenzo were using to do modifications on the Diesel suit.  Shawn had spent some time working the bugs out of the retractable 'police-like' warning lights and siren installed in the suit's shoulders.. he'd also included a backup warning chime.. as part of a joke he wondered if Lorenzo would ever discover... should he ever have the Diesel Suit walk backwards! 

That brought a smile to his face under his mask as he flew home over the sweltering night heat of the City sprawl.  Of course the installed fire-extinguisers and rescue equipment in the compartments in the suit's thighs and forearms still needed to be properly tested.. and Shawn was not even sure Lorenzo would keep them and not remove them for other gadgets of his design but  it was a chance to get a good look at the suit's inner workings.

The young metahuman's mind was focused on design ideas for upgrading his own gear as he made his way home.. he almost missed the police report on his recently installed headset police scanner.

"{Sigh}... another rave of hooligans... Sarah had better NOT be involved this time!  Can't understand why she gets involved with people like that!  What's the attraction...?"

Though in fact his younger teenaged sister of late had been ...strangely well-behaved. No trouble at school with the dean of discipline, her grades were up {a shock in and of itself}... and no obvious boy-drama... Shawn wondered about that.  Had his 'wild-child' rebellious little sister..actually grown up?  She STILL kept avoiding his attempts to pin her down in conversation about her powers... she was always a schemer.. but her usually attempts at manipulation were always before so easy to see through... but of late.. she had 'seemed' different.  She was very good at deflecting his inquiries about her metapowers... though he knew they both were changed by that tragic night in the junkyard with the experimental boost drugs forced on them... and of course.. the lightning.

Thunderbolt pushed those questions aside and paused in flight wrapped in supportive magnetic fields tuning in to listen to any supplemental reports from the officer...

At the officers report of the numbers and the thrown bottles Shawn grimaced... "I'm really not in the mood tonight.. but I guess I ought to get over there and keep that cop from getting trashed by drugged out drunken fools.  30 to 35 miscreants could get ugly fast... seeing as the badge is calling for back up..."

Thunderbolt considered himself a conscientious street vigilante.. he usually left the 'Boys in Blue' to do their job.. handling normal crime and law enforcement~ his dad having once been a highly respected... {and not on the take} police detective!  Shawn had a healthy respect for the police.. and made it a point only to stick his nose in when things happened that they were not capable of dealing with.. usually metahuman crimes.  But the odds seemed stacked against the officer on scene.

Changing his direction Thunderbolt tore across the cityscape his cloak fluttering on a magnetic breeze, '...no rest for the weary...'
« Last Edit: May 5th, 2015 at 7:22pm by Thunderbolt »  

"...No amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."
GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #2 - May 10th, 2015 at 5:37pm
Print Post  
Newly returned from his vacation to introduce Karen to his parents, Skyhawk is testing some adjustments to his Suit.
"Wings are functioning properly, extending and retracting as designed. Achilles, let's see if the H.U.D. is running correctly.

Skyhawk's flying companion replies, "Initiating system in 3...2...1...go."

An influx of data came across his screen.

"System is on and performing well. What did I tell you, this is great."

"We have a report of a situation in progress Achilles. Lay in  a course."

"Course plotted an layed in." Achilles replied through the computer chip implanted at the base of Skyhawk's skull.

"Well, looks like the night off is shot, but it sounds like one of Empire City's finest may need some assistance."
Heading towards the disturbance Skyhawk doubles his flight speed.

To be continued.......
« Last Edit: Jun 5th, 2015 at 11:25pm by Hawk »  

IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #3 - May 15th, 2015 at 11:26pm
Print Post  
Officer McDonald, while a seasoned officer, was also no fool. He quickly assessed the situation, and determining that it was not only growing out of hand, it was far more than he could handle alone. Putting his car into reverse, he slowly began to back down the road he arrived on, when He saw the first of them, a Booster.

He knew the signs, as he's seen them before. The pulsating muscles, the perspiration, and the the look of shear rage and anger on their faces, and he new he was in trouble.

"23 to Dispatch...23 to Dispatch! Advise MCU I have a Booster on scene!:

"23, repeat your last."

"Dispatch, be advised, I have a Booster on scene!"

"10-4 unit 23, Booster on scene"

A loud squelching noise erupts from the radio

BEEEEEPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!

"Dispatch to all units, Dispatch to all units clear the air and standby.  Booster on scene at 23rd and Lincoln. Unit on scene requesting assistance from all available units, as well as MCU and ESU, any units responding please advise"

For Det. Nathan Jones it'd been a long day. and he was hoping to get to unwind, have a cold beer, and enjoy the NBA game on his new TV (it was the EC Warriors versus the Miami Heat), and he'd made a friendly wager with one of his coworkers (if the Warriors lost, he'd have to wash his buddy's car every weekend for the next month).

Just as he was just sitting down to watch the first half of the game, his phone began to vibrate. Taking a sip of his beer, he glanced down at the screen "Booster spotted, the boss wants us in, as it could get nasty. Get here ASAP." And with that, he knew his chances of a quiet evening at home were done.

TO BE CONTINUED
« Last Edit: May 19th, 2015 at 10:25pm by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #4 - May 17th, 2015 at 9:41am
Print Post  
Thunderbolt flew in coming from a high vantage point to get a overview of the situation.. the old warehouse district near the docks.  Shawn grimaced... how many bad things had gone down in this part of town was innumerable!  The slump in the shipping economy with the addition of the pull out of some large business investments for easier and larger ports on the east cost had left the docks & warehouses almost abandoned and a nest of criminal activity.

The warehouse was the scene of a block party.. that had apparently spilled outside.  The music was loud... pretty good tunes actually... the techno remix booming out of the sprawl of young adults partying hard...

Then Shawn saw the frantic spinning police cruiser lights and the blaze of the back-up lights as the officer on the scene was clearly trying to get out of the situation of the throng of ravers.  That's when Shawn saw them... a group of partiers... raging, muscles-buldging, smashing anything in their path.. tossing other ravers out of the way like they weighed nothing storming towards the in-reverse fleeing police cruiser...

"Oh crap... Boosters...!"
« Last Edit: May 18th, 2015 at 11:20pm by Thunderbolt »  

"...No amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."
GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #5 - May 19th, 2015 at 5:36pm
Print Post  
Flying toward the situation in progress, Achilles relayed what was transporting to Skyhawk through their uplink.
"This is looking pretty rough. We need to get this Booster stopped before anyone gets hurt."
Calling over the team radio, Skyhawk says. "Thunderbolt,let's see if we can contain this before this gets really bad."

IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #6 - May 19th, 2015 at 10:33pm
Print Post  
Officer McDonald, new he was in trouble, the Booster would be on top of him any second now. Slamming on his brakes, he threw the car into drive, and gunned his engine. His tires squealed as the car accelerated toward the raging Booster bearing down on him.

"Oh hell, I hope this works.", he muttered, before the car's push bumper smashed into the Booster, sending him flying over the hood, and onto ground behind it.

But just as Officer McDonald looked over his shoulder to make sure the Booster was down, his right side front passenger window exploded, showering him with fragments of glass. A raspy sounding voice called out "You gonna die tonight $%&%^!!!" A second Booster, had grabbed hold of the door frame, as he attempted to rip it off the car, and then things really got bad.

Officer McDonald's first thoughts were of his girlfriend, Susan, and how mad she was going to be for not getting home in time to walk the dog in the morning.

TO BE CONTINUED.

YIM  
IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #7 - May 20th, 2015 at 2:31am
Print Post  
Thunderbolt - moved in ... just as the police car reversed direction... Into the Booster... instead of continuing away from danger, the officer for some reason ran head long into it...!

Thunderbolt - gasped, "No..wait! Arrrrgh! Good grief save us from 'Rookies!'..."

Flexing his magnetic powers he erected his magnetic shield around him... and 'locking' on to one of his kyogetsu-shoge in his costume duster pockets... when he heard Skyhawk -... over the team comms...suddenly realizing he'd missed paying attention to the other approaching aerial object his magnetic resonance Radar was pinging off.

< "Ah Skyhawk -... good.. a professional!  Yeah let's double team them... move down to the roof of the police cruiser calm Officer McDonald down to get out of here and keep those keen danger senses of your up and running... where there's two boosters there are likely more.  I'm going to gather the two boosters 'together'.. be ready to blast the pair of them with those star bolts of yours when I do IF they get back up... hopefully that will calm their blitzed heads down real quick! Ready?" >

Then in a loud voice he called out "PROTECTORS STRIKE!!", seeking to strike fear into the hearts of any other rioters who know of Empire City's ICONIC Hero Team of Supers...!

Thunderbolt - moved in flying at a height or 35'ft above the rioting Boosters and a single kyogetsu-shoge snaked forth from his left duster pocket on its 80'ft metal cable.. and wrapped around the leg of the Booster who had been hit by the police cruiser's ill-advised run-down and was still prone on the ground behind the cruiser.  Then with a Magnetic force of 650lbs... {hopefully not too much force}; he was bodily swung like a bat into the booster trying to rip the police cruiser door off from a blind-sided swing of the 60'ft long hooked ninja weapon... wielding the surprised booster hood ornament candidate like a fleshy club... !

2 actions: [Action 1# = Manipulate metallic objects & Raise magnetic defense; Movement = Flight 35'ft altitude over scene, and Slightly as needed to get within range with Kyogetsu's 80'ft reach - Kyogetsu 1 {4lbs} + Booster 1# weight {Assume 250lbs} <The knocked prone Booster 1# should make picking him up an easy HtH action to snag his ankle and wield him like a club>;  Action 2# = Strike with Kyogetsu held Booster 1# at Booster 2# HTH {Thunderbolt's bonus to hit: +2 Acc{Personal}, +2 Weapon Acc {Kyogetsu}, +4 all weapons & powers - On HTH chart; Total +8~ approx.}, trying for a blindsided attack on Booster 2#

- Damage: 250lb Booster 1# - Object [+2 Acc, +1d6 Damage]; 650lbs of force = 65" Velocity [+1d8 Damage];
Total = 1d6{WT}+1d8{Velocity}+1d8{HTH Base}+1{DM} [2d8+1d6+1]
« Last Edit: Jan 4th, 2016 at 2:36am by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #8 - May 21st, 2015 at 5:35pm
Print Post  
Not to get too nitpicky, TB, but after years of playing Compass - a magnetic wielder - it seems like you're doing a lot (and if your powers work beyond what the RAW for Magnetic Powers do, then I apologize).  In the rules, normally setting up a magnetic defense takes an action, as does grabbing something with Magnetic Powers.

Also, not sure what the Kyogetsu is (a weapon?), but how would the weapon's accuracy factor in to the attack where you're wielding another person as an improvised weapon?

Dom may be a more generous GM than me (and frankly, V&V is pretty harsh if you ask me, to Magnetics and TK characters), but the way I'd rule it would be:

1) One action to set up a Magnetic defense
2) Another action to snag something Magnetically
3) I'd personally have the player roll a special attack (i.e., two rolls) for the grab of the first person, unless they had a ton of metal on them
4) Then another attack on the second Booster

So four actions total, likely taking up most of a character's entire turn.
« Last Edit: May 21st, 2015 at 5:39pm by Majestic »  

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #9 - May 21st, 2015 at 6:11pm
Print Post  
Ok.. for one thing Dom never asked for an initiative roll to set up who goes when.  As Thunderbolt was flying in to assess the situation he had plenty of time to take control of the metal weapons he always carries with him and set up his magnetic defense especially when no one was attacking him or combat had started as yet.

Since Dom never called for rolling initiative... thematically it is known that TB usually animates the metal on his person to use in battle usually to subdue his foes rather than shoot lightning everywhere~ which in this case likely could have endangered the police officer as he's sitting inside a big metal conductor.

As for the first Booster who was knocked prone I figured A surprise attack from a foe he did not know was attacking him was a sufficient cause for no defense from an attack.. now Dom should likely roll the booster's detect danger... but I do not know how cognizant a boost crazed junky is when 'riding the boost', just after.. I might add he was hit head on by a speeding police cruiser {shrug}.. he may have a penalty to his INT and thus his danger detection.

This ... is a Kyogetsu-Shoge...

As for using the weapon's accuracy.. Magnetic powers says that you use the hand to hand chart to attack with manipulated objects.  To me that means if you are actually using a weapon~ you also use the weapon's accuracy modifier as well..something TB has done before.  In Either case it doesn't really matter as if the Booster is assumed to be 250 lbs...on the weight chart that is Still the same accuracy to hit with it {+2}.  Improvised weapon I would think only applied to wielding objects in ones own hands that are not meant for use as weapons.  As a magnetic controller.. swinging a weighted object that I have total control over should not be more difficult.. at least as I see it.  That would mean any object I picked up and threw at someone could be considered a improvised weapon.  Up to the GM... but TB has done this same type of attack before.

{Shrug}.. I just went with the flow of action... as opposed to micro-managing every nuiance of the combat system until Dom calls for initiative...  Basically ~ "TB controls a metal object he carries all the time and grabs one foe who is likely not looking at him and doesn't even know he's there and swings him into another foe within reach who is also unaware of his presence and focused on ripping a police car door off its hinges."

I don't think Iron Man wonders if he has enough actions to grab the Ultron-Drone bot in front of him and swing him at the other Ultron-Drone bot in melee with him.

Perhaps.. I should have been less detailed in my description of TB's actions and just went with a simple flow of action  until Dom called for initiative?

I was CERTAIN that IF I attempted too much in the opening surprise of combat... Dom would let me know.

EDIT:
But... all that said.. in the spirit of fairness and good gamesmanship.. your points and criticism have not fallen on deaf ears! Smiley I will be more circumspect in my future action economy! Smiley

Thank you for your interest.. and please feel free to give any advice you have on magnetic control as I KNOW you have more experience as a player & GM~ using & ruling on that power!
  Grin
« Last Edit: May 21st, 2015 at 8:35pm by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #10 - May 21st, 2015 at 8:07pm
Print Post  
Flying towards the police cruiser Skyhawk com's Achilles. "Achieve acceptable altitude to keep me advised of what's happening."
"Affirmative." was Achilles reply.
Upon reaching the police cruiser, Skyhawk stated, "Officer, Thunderbolt and I are here to help, so let's see if we can keep the damages and injuries to a minimum."
Skyhawk turned to face the nearest Booster, and was ready to stop him if necessary.
« Last Edit: Jun 5th, 2015 at 11:30pm by Hawk »  

IP Logged

Ranger
Justice Leaguer

Also known as Dracos!

Reply #11 - May 22nd, 2015 at 4:30am
Print Post  
Quote:
Magnetic powers says that you use the hand to hand chart to attack with manipulated objects. To me that means if you are actually using a weapon~ you also use the weapon's accuracy modifier as well..something TB has done before.

So to you, would that mean if one had Heightened Expertise in both Kyogetsu-Shoge and Magnetic Powers ... that they would stack while using the Magnetic Powers to manipulate a Kyogetsu-Shoge?

Stacking certain powers (classically Ice Powers and Heightened Speed) are long accepted by most as a power-gaming technique. V&V is much more open to abuse than even point systems (which too are hardly as "balanced" as some would like to advertise). So you are right in the final arbitration being Dom call come "game time".

In the case of FanFiction, I would merely suggest using a Mutants & Masterminds approach. Allow your characters an ability to power up their defenses unless surprised and go with a simple single attack each literary "turn". I wouldn't worry about posting things like "to hit" or "damage" other than through descriptors.

Of most importance in your FanFiction don't allow yourself to turn your character into a MarySue. Unless your character struggles and even fails from time to time your readers will have no ability to empathize with the character. If your character suffers setbacks and even defeats then the victories will mean something the readers. Characters are always more interesting because of their flaws than their special features. Spider-man being the iconic version of that idea.

Merely meant as a friendly suggestion for improving your FanFiction. Rules are Dom's thing. Smiley
« Last Edit: May 22nd, 2015 at 4:32am by Ranger »  

aka Dracos aka DarkStar aka Star Guard

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #12 - May 22nd, 2015 at 5:59am
Print Post  
Well I would only think I'd get that Heightened Expertise bonus once in a single attack; never twice - that's OP.  In this particular case... again TB is kinda using some excessive force here.. these are only street punks... who probably don't have more than 3 to 6 hit points between them {normally}... unless when 'riding the boost'  their upped strength, maybe endurance, affects their appropriate hit points at the same time or they have some increased resilience in the form of some invulnerability or armor.  All that damage could seriously injure his 'bat and ball'~ average of 13 damage to both!

But there is no guarantee that when Dom makes the rolls TB actually hits the Booster pulling at the door {shrug}.. kinda in his hands at this point.  TB has a +8 {13-} on the hand to hand chart to hit... plus any blindside bonus... IF the second booster is actually blindsided and does not make his danger sense check. 

Again all in Dom's hands.. and besides.. as a GM myself... so what if the initial mooks are put down? That's what their there for; cause there are definitely more on the way!  The news reports said; "the 6 hour rampage, by over two dozen Boost enhanced young people".  My guess is TB and Skyhawk are about to have their hands full and it will definitely be Game Time at that point!

And Thank you too for your advice and input as well.. I'll keep that in mind in my future posts! Smiley
« Last Edit: May 22nd, 2015 at 6:12am by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #13 - May 22nd, 2015 at 11:02am
Print Post  
dsumner wrote on May 19th, 2015 at 10:33pm:
Officer McDonald, new he was in trouble, the Booster would be on top of him any second now. Slamming on his brakes, he threw the car into drive, and gunned his engine. His tires squealed as the car accelerated toward the raging Booster bearing down on him.

"Oh hell, I hope this works.", he muttered, before the car's push bumper smashed into the Booster, sending him flying over the hood, and onto ground behind it.

But just as Officer McDonald looked over his shoulder to make sure the Booster was down, his right side front passenger window exploded, showering him with fragments of glass. A raspy sounding voice called out "You gonna die tonight $%&%^!!!" A second Booster, had grabbed hold of the door frame, as he attempted to rip it off the car, and then things really got bad.

Officer McDonald's first thoughts were of his girlfriend, Susan, and how mad she was going to be for not getting home in time to walk the dog in the morning.

TO BE CONTINUED.

A young face peers out from behind a dumpster at the yell from the Booster. His bright-blue eyes now showing fear and worry. The police were going to be a safe way out of this mess! Looks like that's not an option now. He clutches his skateboard up to keep the flying glass from hitting his face. If only he could figure out how to do that weird 'get bigger' thing again.  He can't focus on that anyway, too much noise and mayhem going on. 'Man i wish mom hadn't freaked out' he whispers to himself.

If something seems to good to be true, it's best to shoot it,just to be safe
IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #14 - May 26th, 2015 at 6:21pm
Print Post  
Thunderbolt wrote on May 21st, 2015 at 6:11pm:
Perhaps.. I should have been less detailed in my description of TB's actions and just went with a simple flow of action  until Dom called for initiative?

I was CERTAIN that IF I attempted too much in the opening surprise of combat... Dom would let me know.

EDIT:
But... all that said.. in the spirit of fairness and good gamesmanship.. your points and criticism have not fallen on deaf ears! Smiley I will be more circumspect in my future action economy! Smiley

Thank you for your interest.. and please feel free to give any advice you have on magnetic control as I KNOW you have more experience as a player & GM~ using & ruling on that power!
  Grin

I hope I didn't come across as busting your ...chops too much, TB.   Smiley

After playing a Magnetics character for years, I can definitely say that I feel the rules as written make it tough (to do things effectively).  It can especially be difficult to do a lot in a short amount of time.  My PC Compass (who is something like Level 18) finally just ended up training for a level in "Magnetic Control", just to allow him to do a bit more than what you get in the description in the Powers section.

As for your discussion on Heightened Expertise, assuming you don't have "Heightened Expertise: All weapons" (which is really rare), normally one wouldn't add that bonus with magnetically controlled items (unless that's all you took it with).  Or if you had a 'group' of attacks it worked with, it would make sense to have it work for both Magnetic blasts as well as controlled objects.  Of course all of this is contingent on what you and Dom came up with, when you built the character.

My PC Compass ended up training for something like 6 levels, all to get a +6 to hit with magnetically-controlled objects (or maybe it was +8?).  Otherwise, it was really tough to hit with them.

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #15 - May 26th, 2015 at 8:11pm
Print Post  
Oh, and thanks for showing what the Kyogetsu-Shoge looks like!  I couldn't find it via Google before (perhaps it was misspelled).

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #16 - May 26th, 2015 at 9:34pm
Print Post  
Yes, actually... TB's Heightened Expertise affects ALL his attacks.  Randomly rolled by Dsummer as far as I know.. I got lucky.
« Last Edit: May 26th, 2015 at 9:35pm by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #17 - Jun 5th, 2015 at 7:01pm
Print Post  
Gents, it's going to take me a second to read through all of this and figure out exactly who could do what, but be warned, I may use my prerogative to modify certain events to keep the story moving along and not bog it down with to many details.

Remember, this is supposed to be a fun exercise to allow people to play around a bit and have a little fun, I'm not really trying to get caught up to much in the details until we actually get the game up and running again. To keep things simple, just post a brief overview, in narrative form, of what your character would be doing, and I'll let you know if I'd allow it. Everyone good with that?

YIM  
IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #18 - Jun 5th, 2015 at 11:15pm
Print Post  
Sounds good to me. Smiley

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #19 - Jun 6th, 2015 at 12:58am
Print Post  
Yup.. seems fair to me as well! Smiley

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Lord Inar
Justice Leaguer

Reply #20 - Jul 17th, 2015 at 3:34pm
Print Post  
Lorenzo and Shawn spend quite a bit of time in Lorenzo's secret basement workshop under the diesel garage he shares with his father. Shawn can tell that Lorenzo is a genius when it comes to building his armor, but his approach clearly betrays his familiarity and fondness for big diesel trucks. Saving space is not one his top design objectives.

It's a cool quiet night when Lorenzo decides to take the suit out for a spin. Lorenzo is still ambivalent about being a hero, although working with Shawn on the modifications has been fun and recently he got restless again and decided to see if he still felt that he could do some good as Diesel.

Lorenzo drives his van to his usual inconspicuous abandoned spot near the  garage, parks, suits up and checks all the outside sensors to make sure no one is watching. "What the...?" Lorenzo heard a strange sound as he stepped backwards out of his van as he often does after changing into his Diesel suit. "Ha, ha very funny! I'll get you T-bolt." A moment or two later, Diesel gets a call...

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #21 - Jul 21st, 2015 at 2:58pm
Print Post  
Thunderbolt's- ,  call came to Diesel-
over the little team communicators that Machinist- had passed out for ease of coordination...

Thunderbolt- , "Hey.  We ... have a problem.  We meaning me and Skyhawk"

{Muffled sound of shifting and and loud rock music in the background currently playing, ironically, Incubus' - "Absolution Calling"... interrupted by distinct sound of a burst of static and a thundering crack of a lightning bolt... followed by sounds of rage-filled incoherent yelling...}

"Yeah, we got a riot of Boost-hopped up rave party-goers... more than a dozen ...we're about to get overrun!  We NEED Diesel-Power, NOW!!"
« Last Edit: Jan 27th, 2016 at 9:47pm by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #22 - Jul 21st, 2015 at 4:30pm
Print Post  
(In orde to get a chance to rp with you guys Tad got nothing from his bus ride and is still hiding behind the dumpster lets hope the heroes show up soon)

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #23 - Jul 22nd, 2015 at 1:27am
Print Post  
Avatar wrote on Jul 21st, 2015 at 4:30pm:
(In orde to get a chance to rp with you guys Tad got nothing from his bus ride and is still hiding behind the dumpster lets hope the heroes show up soon)

OOC: We're ALL waiting for Dsummer to resolve Thunderbolt and Skyhawks actions... or we would include you in the RP Avatar.  It's in Dsummer's hands... he's just been too busy to post anything, sorry.
« Last Edit: Jul 22nd, 2015 at 1:27am by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Lord Inar
Justice Leaguer

Reply #24 - Aug 18th, 2015 at 12:38am
Print Post  
"Well, choices just get made for me, I guess." Lorenzo says to himself. Over the call he says, "Be there right away." Again to himself, "So, no better time than the present to try out my new gadget." Diesel closes the door from the inside and moves to stand in the front of the van, right behind the seats. He twists his feet a little until he hears a click, and they are firmly locked in place. He grabs a power conduit from overhead and plugs it into his suit. He flicks a switch near the connector and a green light comes on at the dashboard, as his lower torso and legs become completely rigid. His armored hands pantomime putting the van in gear. He puts his hands into a position of holding a steering wheel and pushes forward. The van starts moving out. "Who would have thought that years of playing video games and racing trucks would actually be useful?"

Diesel drives to the location and parks in as secluded a spot as possible before unhooking the conduit. "Fastest I've ever done that!" Lorenzo says as he steps out in the scene of chaos.

[I just thought it would be fun to have a means for Loerenzo to drive his van while in armor so he doesn't need to take time to put it on after he arrives at his location.]
« Last Edit: Aug 18th, 2015 at 12:39am by Lord Inar »  

IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #25 - Sep 29th, 2015 at 12:22pm
Print Post  
OOC: So Diesel steps out of a van at the site of the riot. Just want to make sure I read it right before adding to the mess

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #26 - Sep 30th, 2015 at 9:32pm
Print Post  
Avatar wrote on Sep 29th, 2015 at 12:22pm:
OOC: So Diesel steps out of a van at the site of the riot. Just want to make sure I read it right before adding to the mess

Yep! Seems so... by the way.. very cool idea Lord Inar.. love it! Smiley

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #27 - Oct 3rd, 2015 at 9:12pm
Print Post  
The sound of the van parking is lost in the chaos. Tad hears none of it. He does however feel a slight shimy in the ground as the Deisel armor strides into the fray. Pulling back behind the dumpster, the youth looks around the other side of the big trash bin. His eyes widen at the sight of the armor walking across the grass. 'Well at least I know he's one of the good guys'. He thinks to himself. "Now how do I get his attention and not the raving lunatics?"

IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #28 - Jan 3rd, 2016 at 6:13pm
Print Post  
Alright gents, it's a new year, and it actually looks like I may have time to get this rolling again. I'll let you know if/and or when that will happen.

YIM  
IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #29 - Jan 6th, 2016 at 9:02pm
Print Post  
Sounds good.  Smiley

IP Logged

Hammer
Justice Leaguer

Stranger in a Stranger
Land

Reply #30 - Jan 8th, 2016 at 9:23am
Print Post  
Woohoo!

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #31 - Jan 8th, 2016 at 10:28am
Print Post  
Hammer wrote on Jan 8th, 2016 at 9:23am:
Woohoo!

Hey hammer ...you can replace your AVATAR for your account here.. no need to worry about loosing your pic.. I'm not ever going to remove it.. promise! Smiley

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #32 - Jan 8th, 2016 at 5:26pm
Print Post  
Glad to here Dom is back

IP Logged

Hammer
Justice Leaguer

Stranger in a Stranger
Land

Reply #33 - Jan 27th, 2016 at 2:35pm
Print Post  
I'll have to find it. Smiley

Been awhile since I used my Avatar's cheat sheet.
Wink

IP Logged

Hammer
Justice Leaguer

Stranger in a Stranger
Land

Reply #34 - Jan 27th, 2016 at 2:56pm
Print Post  
and now, I can't remember how to paste them into the comment... early stage old man...

I updated my profile on the site, but can you give me a refresher on how to add it here?

Power_Chord.jpg ( 3 KB | 11 Downloads )
Power_Chord.jpg

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Topic Tools

>