Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Rampage (Read 15324 times)
Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

"Justice Like Lightning!"

Re: Rampage
Reply #35 - Jan 27th, 2016 at 10:15pm
Print Post  
Hammer wrote on Jan 27th, 2016 at 2:56pm:
and now, I can't remember how to paste them into the comment... early stage old man...

I updated my profile on the site, but can you give me a refresher on how to add it here?

The syntac is  [ img ] 'picture link' [ /img ], with no spaces between the [] or ' ' or spaces in the actual link either... should work.. play with that a bit.

And not pointed at you... or anyone else in particular... but could we all try to put posts like these in the OOC/Discussion thread? it makes it hard to keep the action of the 'story' clear when folks keep posting meta questions in the gameplay thread.

@ Dsummer - I don't know how much control you have over the placement of posts in this section... but it would be nice if you could move all the meta posts to the discussion or a discussion thread, just a curious suggestion.
« Last Edit: Jan 27th, 2016 at 10:17pm by Thunderbolt »  

"...No amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."
GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Hammer
Justice Leaguer

Stranger in a Stranger
Land

Reply #36 - Jan 31st, 2016 at 3:35pm
Print Post  
Agreed, apologies for de-railing the story.

IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #37 - Feb 12th, 2016 at 3:40pm
Print Post  
Thunderbolt wrote on Jan 27th, 2016 at 10:15pm:
Hammer wrote on Jan 27th, 2016 at 2:56pm:
and now, I can't remember how to paste them into the comment... early stage old man...

I updated my profile on the site, but can you give me a refresher on how to add it here?

The syntac is  [ img ] 'picture link' [ /img ], with no spaces between the [] or ' ' or spaces in the actual link either... should work.. play with that a bit.

And not pointed at you... or anyone else in particular... but could we all try to put posts like these in the OOC/Discussion thread? it makes it hard to keep the action of the 'story' clear when folks keep posting meta questions in the gameplay thread.

@ Dsummer - I don't know how much control you have over the placement of posts in this section... but it would be nice if you could move all the meta posts to the discussion or a discussion thread, just a curious suggestion.

I'll see about moving them.

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #38 - Feb 12th, 2016 at 4:02pm
Print Post  
Just as you all arrive on scene, the "whoop, whoop, whoop" of a helicopter can be heard in the distance. A bright light shines down on the area, illuminating it.

A  voice booms from beneath the helicopter's nose "This is the Empire City Police Department! This has been declared an illegal gathering! You are ordered to disperse immediately!"

As the rampaging Boosters hear the the commands directed at them, it only seems to enrage them more. One of them grabs manhole cover and flings it into the helicopter's path. If no one does anything, the helicopter won't be able to avoid being struck by it.

At the same time, roughly a dozen of the Boosters turn their attention to the heroes, charging them, screaming, yelling, and foaming at the mouth. While several others continue to pound the officer's car to pieces.

Anyone monitoring the police band, can hear that help is on the way, but it's still several minutes out.

YIM  
IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #39 - Feb 13th, 2016 at 2:38am
Print Post  
Holding his flight position some 35'ft above the growing riot
Thunderbolt- sees multiple crazed boosters charge the Police cruiser to begin tearing into it... any chance of Officer McDonald escaping in his car was done... even with the two boosters TB had stunned with is fleshy 'bat and ball' trick.  Soon, with the beating the car was taking it would be more like Precambrian art than a modern vehicle and Officer McDonald a thin red paste along with it!  To make matters worse the bright arrival of ECPD's finest putting a spotlight on the situation from their Patrol Chopper had only made them also a target as a flung manhole cover was about to redecorate them all over the neighborhood!

Grimcing, {This is getting out of hand.. have to save the 'badges'! They are out of their league here... maybe even us as well.. there are so many of these boost jobs!  Too many!}

Acting quickly Thunderbolt - , release his metal kyojetsu-shoge's grip on the 'bat' booster he had been holding.. and snaked the hooked bladed weapon into the now shattered car window to wrap around Officer McDonald's chest under his arms to pull him free from the doomed cruiser and heft him up on its length out of reach of the crazed booster wreaking crew.

He had only seconds left as he turned his attention to the flying metal Frisbee manhole cover, highlighted in his magnetic radarsense, focusing his magnetic control on it to 'lock' onto its weight and deflect its course to miss the approaching helicopter!

Addressing the officer, "Don't struggle officer McDonald... I've got you.. let us get you to safety!"

Across the Team Radio, < "Skyhawk - , this waaay past subduing a few routy boost-junkies.. we need to contain this!  Get your friend 'Achilles' to go high and search for more rioting boosters we need to know where they are and herd them away from civis...!  Bright lights seems to catch their attention..'oblige them' with a few of your power blasts... herd them back her for Diesel - to engage them!" >

Switching tones, < "You heard that right Diesel - ? We need you last WEEK!" >

2 actions: [ Action 1# = Pick up Officer McDonald - HtH action to wrap around chest and lift;  Action 2# = Use Magnetic control to 'Lock-On' to flying manhole cover;  Movement =  maintain Flight 35'ft altitude over scene, Manipulate metallic objects - Use Kyogetsu's 80'ft reach - Kyogetsu 1 {4lbs} + Officer McDonald's 1# weight {Assume 250lbs}, Deflect Manhole cover off course.. but do not release 'lock' for later manipulation {50lbs?} ~ Total Magnetic Capacity In-Use: 304lbs?

"...No amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."
GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #40 - Feb 13th, 2016 at 8:07pm
Print Post  
Tad hears the choper and thinks 'Maybe juvie would be safe from the men in black and these crazies' He Hops onto his skateboard and moves toward what he thinks is Diesl's direction. Unfortunatly in his rush ,his board hits some debris and is lifted swiftly in the 'backwash' of magnetics in the area. He skids on his face in the turf.

If something seems to good to be true, it's best to shoot it,just to be safe
IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #41 - Feb 15th, 2016 at 9:09am
Print Post  
Increasing altitude from his position above the roof of the patrol car, Skyhawk moves into a position high enough for both he and Achilles to monitor the situation.

"Achilles, give me an update on how far this has spread. I'll also need Intell on how many antagonists, civilians, and friendlies we have. Let's highlight them for my H.U.D. as follows, bad-red, civies-green, ECPD-blue, and any Capes-purple."

After receiving Intel, he will relay to Thunderbolt.

"Achilles continue to transmit Intel to me."

Skyhawk flies toward the biggest collection of Boosters(provided the is one), and will start blasting to take them down.
« Last Edit: Feb 15th, 2016 at 9:11am by Hawk »  

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #42 - Feb 15th, 2016 at 1:26pm
Print Post  
The overview is routed to the team communicator which Thunderbolt- is already reading with his electromachine control.. the data a clean picture in his mind... 

Replying over the Communicator < "Got it Skyhawk- , Thanks for the overview update!  Call in 'fearless leader'... we're gonna need Power Chord's- , mojo.. or this is going to get ugly VERY FAST!" >

That is when Thunderbolt's - , magnetic radarsense notices the teenaged skater trying to move out of the scene a moment too late as his magnetic field washs over him and trips up the metal in his skateboard spilling the youth to the turf... in the path of the rioting Boosters...

{Damn! Too many objects moving.. didn't see the kid! He's gonna get creamed when those boost-heads reach him!  Gotta do something... need to loose some weight...}

https://rolz.org/embedX8092739

Initiative roll [Total 20] - Not high enough for a third action this round so.. only movement is possible~ plenty left.

Thunderbolt- , flexes his will and the Kyogetsu-shoge holding Officer McDonald... unreels to its full 80'ft length and sets the officer down on a nearby rooftop out of danger.

"Hang tight, Officer.. gotta save that kid!  If your feeling helpful.. some covering-fire might be appreciated!"

No reaction time left to shift the Kyogetsu to grab the kid.. Thunderbolt- , Draws his katana and brings the manhole cover to his side like a floating shield as he lands in front of the kid between him and the approaching Booster-crazies.

{At least with my blade in hand I got some reach and chance to parry... who am I kiddin'.. this is gonna HURT!  I'm gonna get clobbered... can't let the kid know that though, hope all the effort I put into this armor helps some.. I just need a few seconds to refocus on the kid!}

Using the recovered weight Magnetic capacity from the setting the officer down.. TB bolsters his metallic mesh costume/armor with the rest of the capacity 'he always locks onto his costume'~ technically, RAW, costumes/Armor 'even powered armor' has no weight but TB's costume/armor is made of metal so he adds 250lbs of force to his costume to hold position and harden it against the 'booster-beat-down' he's about to suffer.

"Stay behind me kid.. don't run.. they'll catch you and you'll be where I can't defend you.. let me hold them off then I'll get you out of here.. STAY DOWN!!"
« Last Edit: Feb 15th, 2016 at 1:50pm by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #43 - Feb 15th, 2016 at 7:04pm
Print Post  
Tad stays laying on the turf where he is deposited. Head down arms covering his head. Sweat pours down his face "Oh man, oh man oh man"

IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #44 - Feb 18th, 2016 at 1:57pm
Print Post  
Just out of curiosity, any of you plan on doing anything about the object about to make impact with the police helicopter? Wink

YIM  
IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #45 - Feb 18th, 2016 at 3:31pm
Print Post  
dsumner wrote on Feb 18th, 2016 at 1:57pm:
Just out of curiosity, any of you plan on doing anything about the object about to make impact with the police helicopter? Wink

You mean this?

Thunderbolt wrote on Feb 13th, 2016 at 2:38am:
He had only seconds left as he turned his attention to the flying metal Frisbee manhole cover, highlighted in his magnetic radarsense, focusing his magnetic control on it to 'lock' onto its weight and deflect its course to miss the approaching helicopter!

2 actions: [ Action 1# = Pick up Officer McDonald - HtH action to wrap around chest and lift;  Action 2# = Use Magnetic control to 'Lock-On' to flying manhole coverMovement =  maintain Flight 35'ft altitude over scene, Manipulate metallic objects - Use Kyogetsu's 80'ft reach - Kyogetsu 1 {4lbs} + Officer McDonald's 1# weight {Assume 250lbs}, Deflect Manhole cover off course... but do not release 'lock' for later manipulation {50lbs?} ~ Total Magnetic Capacity In-Use: 304lbs?

You might want to read my first reply to your post...
« Last Edit: Feb 18th, 2016 at 3:36pm by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #46 - Mar 2nd, 2016 at 10:12pm
Print Post  
As Tad lies in the grass, a slight light headedness begins to sink in. The sweat pooling in his shirt. He hears the sounds around him muffled. As if coming to him though a layer of cotton. He can hear his heart beating in his ears. Louder than the gunfire going on around him. He closes his eyes,afraid of what might be happening to him. So far this has happened mostly when he sleeps. His arms and legs suddenly feel to heavy for his body. His chest hursts. The pain becoming almost to much for a moment before he takes in a deep breath. The air coming into his lungs seems to be more thanhe can hold. He exhales in a loud 'whuff'sound. He pulls his legs up so he is on his hands and knees. Lifting his head as the sounds around him return to normal. The raving Booster seems to have hesitated a moment while looking at the young man. The hesitation does not last long. Tad stumbles a bit as he tries to stand. (his new height is 6' 7")

IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #47 - Mar 3rd, 2016 at 12:50am
Print Post  
As the manhole cover is diverted at the last possible second, the police helicopter flairs its engines, and begins to climb away from the battle below.

Officer McDonald, still shaken from events, manages to let out a nervous "th...thanks.

YIM  
IP Logged

Lord Inar
Justice Leaguer

Reply #48 - Mar 3rd, 2016 at 1:54pm
Print Post  
Diesel realizes these are just kids, not in control of what they are doing so he's going to try to hold them at bay a little longer.

He waves his flamethrower across the ground in a "line in the sand" gesture to see if any of them respond to the concept of mortal harm.

"Don't cross the line or you'll get burned!" he yells.

[Note that Diesel is not trying to actually create a flaming line, but rather give the impression that he is.]

IP Logged

dsumner
Monitor

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #49 - Mar 7th, 2016 at 5:56pm
Print Post  
The Boosters, enraged even more by all of your actions, begin to shift their focus towards you. Approximately 1/2 dozen, grabbing assorted makeshift weapons, rush toward Diesel, only to stop short do to his flame thrower.

Another, spotting Thunderbolt, due to his use of his chain, attempts to grab hold of it, and yank him out of the sky. While another begins hurling various missiles (as in anything he can get hold of), at you, in rapid succession. It's coming dangerously close to injuring the stunned office now in your care.

The others, begin to head of in multiple directions, smashing and destroying anything in their path. While the area you're in now is pretty much abandoned, if they make it a few blocks, they'll be able to run rampant through the city.  All of which can easily be seen by Skywawk, as Achilles is streaming data to him on their distance and direction of travel.

To cap it all off, one of the Boosters (he's near you Avatar), seems to be having some sort of reaction, and not a good one. He seems to be having some sort of uncontrollable muscle spams, and steam is rising from his body.

YIM  
IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #50 - Mar 11th, 2016 at 10:57am
Print Post  
Tad see's the steam rising from the Booster. He looks back toward the police car then back at the steaming body, unsure what to do.

IP Logged

Lord Inar
Justice Leaguer

Reply #51 - Mar 11th, 2016 at 4:43pm
Print Post  
"Water! We need water!" Diesel scans for a nearby fire hydrant. He'll try to grab the steaming booster and pull him to a fire hydrant. "Get this open!"

IP Logged

Hawk
Avenger

Reply #52 - Mar 11th, 2016 at 6:58pm
Print Post  
Skyhawk relayed the distances and directions of the outward bound Boosters to the group. "I'm going for the farthest out booster. I will see if I can make him turn back into where we are now." He says.

OOC: He will blast at the booster in an attempt to either take him out or turn him inward to the team. If this works, he will attempt the same strategy against the next farthest booster. He will continue this against all outbound boosters.

IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #53 - Mar 13th, 2016 at 1:53am
Print Post  
Tad recognises Diesel as one of the good guys. So he follows him as he pulls the Booster toward the hydrant. "How do I open this?" he asks the armored form.

IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

Reply #54 - Apr 1st, 2016 at 6:49am
Print Post  
Thunderbolt- , is shocked out of his socks... when the at first impression 'kid' he's protecting grows to almost a foot taller and more muscle-bound than him before his eyes.

"Whoa... er kid... didn't know you were a meta!"

But his attention is drawn to the sudden violent pull on his kyojetsu... the length animated by his magnetic control and held in place by his will... he notes the Booster trying to pull him close with it.  Relaxing his grip with a simple act of will lets the Booster waste effort pulling on the 80'ft length of cable attached to nothing just coiled in his duster pocket, with an amused smirk under his mask.

Pondering his radar sense Thunderbolt- , notes the pause in the approaching line of Booster at the menace of Diesel's- flamethrower... but also the barrage of thrown objects his second booster attacker is hurling his way... coming also dangerously close to the officer he deposited on the rooftop behind him. 

Then his attention is also drawn to the steaming booster near the now tall meta-kid, by Diesel's- , shouting for water from a nearby hydrant... as the meta kid steps over asking how to open it...

{So much happening at once... ok.. prioritize...}

Time seems to slow down for Thunderbolt- , as one of his meta-human talents comes to the fore like no other ... he thinks fast.. faster than is humanly possible...

He acts, first electrifying his body~ he casually touches the spooling out length of his kyogetsu cable... letting the pulling booster "ride the lightning" from the conductive length of metal cable.

Chuckling slightly, "That.. was a mistake fella!"

Turning his attention to the hurling objects... Thunderbolt- , animates his metal mesh cloak he wears and detaches its from his costume sending it through the air to take position in front of the police officer and hardening its mesh surface into a slightly curving 'curtain' of metal with 250 pounds of force to provide cover for the officer.  As for himself.. he simply relies on his already active magnetic shield and armor to deflect or at least dull the impact of  the object being hurled objects at himself... 

At the same time his swaps the smaller 3'ft wide-manhole cover toward the metahuman-kind 'now tall', flexing his will he deforms the manhole cover... pinching it in the center to provide a make-shift hand grip ...like a shield.  Floating the make-shift heavy shield to the meta-kid.

"Hey… ‘Kid Roadblock'... I'll take care of that hydrant... if your stronger in that big form.. and you're willing to help out, do me a favor.. use that make-shift shield to body check that booster throwing junk around.  He's gonna hurt someone...!"

Then flexing his magentic powers Thunderbolt- , locks on to the fire hydrant and exert 1,000lbs of force tears it from the ground with its attached pipe... intact.  Animating it with his will he opens the hydrant pinching the metal to create a blast of water directed at the steaming booster trying to pinch the opening enough to provide sufficient force to drive him toward the boosters held at bay by Diesel's- threatening flamethrower.  Snaking the pipe and hydrant around~ Thunderbolt- directs the blast of water at the street they are ALL standing on...

Then he takes flight... moving carefully over the blast of water to pull spool out his length of kyogetsu cable still being held by the booster to pull the length through the stream of water and electrify it as well... letting all the boosters in its stream take a little bit of the shocking experience....

https://rolz.org/info?X9582648 'Darn STILL not enough for three actions!'

2 actions: [ Action 1# = Electrify body;  Action 2# = Use Magnetic control to 'Lock-On' to Fire Hydrant – with 1,000lbs of Capacity ]
Ground Movement Total = 49”; Flight Movement total = 1,196”
Total Magnetic Capacity In Use: 1,500lbs~ 'roughly'

Movement Costs- 
1) Lessen Magnetic grip on Kygetsu-Shoge ‘allowing Booster to pull on it 80’ft length “mostly” freely’-but not unlocking magnetic control [2”]
2) Touch Kyogetsu-Shoge with electrified hand [2”] 
3) Pinch Manhole cover to form hand grip and move to ‘Kid Roadblock’ [19”]
3) Detach metal mesh cloak with Magnetic Control and move to form curtain of cover in front of Officer McDonald – hardening with 250lbs of Capacity [13”] 
4) Pull Fire-Hydrant free from street and open pinching opening to direct blast of water at steaming Booster… then turn spray upon the ground the threatened boosters Diesel stopped with his flame thrower are standing on [13”]
5) Take Flight 5'ft altitude over scene move over to drag electrified Kyogetsu cable through stream of fire hydrant water to electrify the water the boosters are all standing in [4” – 20’ft Flight Movement]

[OOC: Sorry for the delay of this... needed to evaluate if TB could 'reasonably' accomplish all this at once, though it might take an actual attack to direct the fire-hydrant spray at a target.. I'll leave it to Dsummer to adjudicate the success or failure]
« Last Edit: Apr 3rd, 2016 at 7:50am by Thunderbolt »  

GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #55 - Apr 4th, 2016 at 11:15am
Print Post  
Tad is shaken by all the noise and activity going on around him. He hopes that the hero's will be able to stop this riot and maybe help him as well. But all of that is pushed to the back of his young teen mind as fear and adrenaline have him in a semi-state of shock. The fire hydrant bending and bursting open all on its own makes him jump. He barely registers his hands coming up to catch the manhole cover that seems to have flown at him. He stands holding it in his hands looking over the top of it at the mechanized hero nearby.  He shrugs his shoulders as if to say 'what now?'
« Last Edit: Apr 19th, 2016 at 10:02am by Avatar »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools

>