Normal Topic Bad beginning for vacation (Read 3086 times)
Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Bad beginning for vacation
May 24th, 2015 at 1:07pm
Print Post  
Tadoka (Tad to his friends) was having a good time at the skate park. They had just finished a new pipe line and it was pretty cool. Eddie and Dave hadn't   done it nearly as fast,but they were just as stoked about it as Tadoka was. Both of them were older than Tadoka, but they hung with him because he could board. His mom didn't much care for them and had told him so many times. In fact twice just this morning before he left the apartment.   It was a nice spring day in Empire City and the street lights were just coming on. That was a signal for Tad to head home. It meant mom would be home in a couple of hours. Kicking the board up into his hand, he waved to the guys. "Gotta go dudes catch ya later"        The tow older boys skate up to him. "We'll go with ya man" Dave says. "We're gonna hit a party on the way"   The three boys walk to the gates and close them behind them. After a block or so they all take to their boards again.     Stopping at a red light, the older boys talk Tad into coming with them. The brownstone they stop at is known in their neighborhood to be a drug stop for local buyers. Tad knows his mom will have his hide. So with a pang of embarrassment, he skates on with a wave.   "Grow up Tad!" he hears yelled at him as he rolls down the sidewalk.   Maybe the guys will cut him some slack in the next few days. 

If something seems to good to be true, it's best to shoot it,just to be safe
IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Re: Bad beginning for vacation
Reply #1 - May 24th, 2015 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
Tad takes of his helmet as he makes his way up the stairs to the second floor of their building. He digs in his pocket for his house key as he nears Apartment 12E.  The smell of food wafting under the door tells him mom got home early. He says nothing as he comes in. Dropping the helmet on the floor and tossing his board onto the couch. He makes his way to the small kitchen/dinner area of his home. "Hi mom" he says as he begins to set the table for the two of them. "You didn't leave your mess in the doorway again did you?"  She asks without looking away from the stove. He says nothing. She turns setting the pot she had been watching on the table.  "Put the board and helmet in your room when were done here please" She says as they both sit down.  Tad nods as mom lifts the lid on a pot of leftovers. The corn bread muffins are new. He can see the empty mix box on the counter next to the sink. Dinner goes like it always does. Mom asking about his day. She even asked about homework and Tad had to remind her that school was out for a three day weekend.  She responds by telling him to make sure he has his homework done Monday night. Things are fine until he mentions Dave and Eddie.          

"They went WHERE!?" she says. And then it goes all downhill. "Hey I only stood in the doorway, the smell from the place was bad enough to..." Tad never finished his sentence, the look of cold ice coming from his mother was enough to silence the teenager. They only had each other, and she had been real lenient compared to some other moms in the neighborhood. Right about now he felt really small. Like he had hurt his mom worse than he ever had. She just got up and walked into the living room. She deliberately sits on the couch next to the skate board. Tad waits for a few minutes at the table. He puts the dishes in the sink,then makes his way into the living room. Silently he takes his board and helmet and goes to his small room. He lays on his bed staring up at the ceiling. Listening to the TV from the other room. He falls asleep to the sound of the Tonight Show music coming through the apartment walls.

IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #2 - May 24th, 2015 at 2:05pm
Print Post  
Tadoka wakes up feeling sick to his stomach. Aches and pains in all his muscles. He knows he didn't hurt himself or do to much skating. The only time he has felt this bad was when he tried out for freshman wrestling. Not his finest day. He turns his head and looks at the alarm clock next to his bed. 6:00am.  It's Sunday morning. Maybe mom is still asleep he thinks. He puts his feet down on the floor and reaches for his skateboard. His hand freezing when he sees the large feet on the floor in front of him.     In a daze he shuffles across the hall to the bathroom. He pulls the door closed behind him,reaching in the dark for the light switch. At the sight of the face in the mirror, his board drops from lifeless fingers. He can hear his mother moving around in her room. The wall between the bath and her room is as thin as all the others in the building. The clanging board probably loud in her sleeping ears. In a shocked daze he hustles back to his room. The door slightly ajar.  "How many times have I said no skating inside?" His mother's muffled voice comes from the hall as she shuffles into the bathroom. Tad looks around the room,trying to find some clothes that would fit him.  "Son...."
       He hears her voice just seconds before she pushes the door in. He turns to look at her afraid of what she will see,say. The young man standing in her son's room is a stranger in his underwear. Her screams can be heard in the apartment's both on this floor and the one above and below. She charges in punching and kicking. Not knowing what to do, Tadoka tries to skirt around the room unsuccessfully. After a few minutes of this he simply takes his mother by the shoulders and gently pushes her onto his empty bed. He grabs his gym-bag and his board and runs out of the apartment. His mom yelling and giving chase. She stops at the building lobby. Neighbors peeking out at the noise.

IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #3 - May 24th, 2015 at 2:24pm
Print Post  
The sun coming up on Monday morning finds Tadoka shivering in the cold air. He had taken refuge in the alley behind the Boys&Girls club. He had gone there for help before remembering he was not himself. Sleeping in the dumpster had at least kept the rain off. Pushing the lid up seems to take more than it had to lift last night. Looking he can see his arm and hand are back to their normal size! He shivers as he digs his clothes out of his gym bag and dresses leaning against the building. He makes his way out of the alley.  A police car sits in front of the building. Breathing a sigh of relief he starts to walk toward the car.

As he exits the alley, two men in black suits and dark glasses stop him. "Hello Tad." One of them says. A creepy feeling crawls up his his neck.    "I don't know you" he says as he backs up a step or two. The first man steps forward a step. His companion stays blocking the alley exit and the view of the cruiser. "That's OK I know you. Well your mother anyway. Your what 16 now? You know your mother reported you missing. So want to tell us what happened yesterday?"          Tadoka looked at the men. Neither had any distinguishing look. They could have been carbon copies of any TV or movie bad cop. The man at the alley opening reached into his coat and drew out what looked like a syringe. In a moment of panic, Tadoka turns and skates back down the alley.     The two men give chase and Tad just kicks to pick up speed. Turning as the alley splits. Breaking from the alley he makes his way toward the nearest school. It's not his school but at least he can hide in a crowd.

IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #4 - May 24th, 2015 at 2:29pm
Print Post  
Now it's been a week. A week of hiding and stealing food. A week of trying to decide if he can go home or not. He has had the growth spurt, for lack of a better term 2 more times. The adult frame comes in handy when keeping strangers away. But now Tadoka has a plan. The Protectors. If he can just figure out how to reach them before the men in black find him.

IP Logged

Hammer
Justice Leaguer

Stranger in a Stranger
Land

Reply #5 - May 30th, 2015 at 5:29pm
Print Post  
Awesome fiction.  Love the details.

IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #6 - Jun 3rd, 2015 at 11:03am
Print Post  
Now it's been almost a month. Being on the street is every bit as messed up as he had heard it could be. Tadoka had by need moved away from his own neighborhood. Didn't want to risk running into any of his classmates. Or his mom.  Empire City was bigger than he had thought. I guess even growing up here you forget if you only see your own neighborhood. He has gotten a bit more proficient at snatch and grab from his skateboard. Mostly fruit and things from street markets.  His new ability has helped him to get into shelters at night. They give cots to the homeless. A homeless adult who seems to not speak a lot gets a cot.  A run away does not. The trick is to wake up early enough to shower and get out before anyone else. The home sick feeling would be easier to deal with if he hadn't seen his picture on some flyers recently.

IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #7 - Jun 3rd, 2015 at 11:08am
Print Post  
"How does one go about finding a super hero? I know there are some here in town, have been seeing them on tv for a long time". Tadoka thinks to himself. The places they show up are not always places a young kid wants to frequent. There was a picture in the paper of one who looked like a tank. "I have no idea where to even begin looking for that. How do you hide that? Maybe he's not always a tank. Like I'm not always  tall."Tadoka sits on a park bench finishing off an apple when he  hears some gasping and pointing. Looking around he sees some of the joggers and passers-by pointing and looking up.  It's that Thunderbolt guy. Maybe by following him I can find help. Dropping whats left of his lunch Tadoka grabs his bag and skate boards after the flying figure. Unfortunately losing him after a few turns.
« Last Edit: Jun 3rd, 2015 at 11:14am by Avatar »  

IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #8 - Jul 6th, 2015 at 3:04pm
Print Post  
Dropping to a seat on the grass, the young man considers hs next move. Obviously catching a flying man while he is on a skateboard is not the best option. Looking around he gets a better look at where he is. Close to downtown. In fact police headquarters is just a few blocks from here. Can't get picked up as a lost kid or runaway. Tad gets up and walks toward a nearby bus stop. Checking his pockets he finds less than what he needs for fare. As the rear and front doors open he hops in the back door and ducks into a seat. Not carring where the bus is headed, just not here.  The bus is headed toward the ECU campus.
« Last Edit: Jul 6th, 2015 at 3:05pm by Avatar »  

IP Logged

>