Normal Topic Kid Nemesis - "Family Reunion" (Read 1261 times)
Marshal Strong
Teen Titan

\m/ All hail the Metal!

Kid Nemesis - "Family Reunion"
Jun 29th, 2015 at 9:54pm
Print Post  
Well, my dad finally got to meet my new girlfriend.  It didn’t go quite like I hoped.  She stabbed him in the neck. Came real close to bleeding out, as a matter of fact.  In her defense, my father was attempting to kill me and my fellow metas as part of his plan to destroy society in order to build a new world order.  I was surprised when my dad showed up out of the blue to visit me in the hospital.  I wasn’t too thrilled to see him.  He’s made a habit of bailing on my mother and I a few too many times.  But he seemed genuinely concerned about me, and I’ve got to admit...that felt pretty good.  I wanted to believe that he had turned over a new leaf and that maybe we could have a fresh start.  We’re both older now. I’m not a little kid anymore, and he’s reaching that point where he may want to slow down, stop chasing skirts, enjoy a little stability in his life, and finally appreciate what really matters in life - like family.  Or not.  Turns out he’s the same as he ever was.  He’s dating a woman half my mother’s age and surrounding himself with a team of some of the creepiest metas I’ve ever seen.  When I didn’t seem to keen on joining their little organization, I think a few of them wanted to eliminate me right on the spot. One in particular, can’t remember his name … sounded like Simpleton... Similax or Smiley Axe or something like that  (let’s just call him “Mr. Fangs”) looked like he wanted to rip my throat out and then feast on my internal organs.  The others, while playing it more cool, looked almost as dangerous in their own way.  Leave it to my father to try to build a better society by recruiting a group of stone cold killers.  I had thought about pretending to be on board with their bizarre plan just to infiltrate their organization.  Figured I could report back to CHESS with the when and hows of their nefarious plan.  I quickly nixed that plan when I realized that I couldn’t hide my disgust for my dad or his little band of psychopaths.  They were on to me immediately.  I think my father only let me leave because he figured that I’d come around to his way of thinking eventually. 

I felt very lucky to get out of that office in one piece.  There was no way I could take them on without reinforcements.  What are the odds that I’d run into Captain Omega and his band of merry crime fighters moving into the office across the hallway?  Well, those odds are even slimmer when you consider Captain Omega and his team are not even supposed to be in this reality, let alone this hallway.  Knowing their reputation as stalwart defenders of justice and having recently been introduced to them and then beaten up a group of midgets together (that’s another story), I let them know what my father was up to.  How was I supposed to know Mr. Fangs had enhanced hearing and was listening to my every word?  In retrospect, I probably should have invited Omega and his team to discuss the situation over a cup of coffee at Starbucks rather than within earshot of the meta-human group in question.   Before I knew it we were fighting for our lives in very cramped quarters.  Mr. Fangs was a feral wrecking machine taking out half the Omega team before we even had a chance to react.  I found myself under attack from an opponent too fast to see.  I’m used to being the fast one, but I was nowhere near her league speed-wise.  I knew I’d get overwhelmed if I tried to fight her in the traditional way.  You can’t hit what you can’t see.  As the blur continued to circle around me, I used my gauntlets to freeze the floor, creating a layer of ice like a skating rink.  The “blur” became “the splat”, as she wiped out and went into the wall at high speed.  It was beautiful.  What wasn’t so beautiful was watching Mr. Fangs wiping out my allies.  He was powerful, fast, and went right for the jugular with every attack.  His claws were razor sharp and the scene was becoming a blood soaked nightmare.  Captain Omega’s pal, whose fighting skills were legendary, was in a heap on the floor bleeding out. The situation was going south fast and I found myself thinking our only hope was to escape while we could.  That’s when I saw Captain Omega fly straight out of the building at hyper-speed.  That was a depressing sight.  Had he read my mind?  Sensed my fear?  I couldn’t believe he’d leave his friends to die.  My contemplation of these questions was cut short as I found myself under attack from a tiny, five inch tall woman, who was bouncing around like a Mexican jumping bean, and throwing punches with tiny fists that pack a  surprising wallop.  It’s at moments like this that I’m grateful for my enhanced speed (not to mention my repressed rage at my no good father).  Changing my fists to steel, I caught her coming in.  It was like using an aluminum baseball bat to swat a fly.  Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) I didn’t quite hit her flush, but it was enough to take her out of the action. 

Taking in the situation, I saw my father was staying out of the fight, so I directed my attention to Mr. Fang.  If I couldn’t over power him, perhaps I could sap his energy with my devitalization strikes.  Slowing him down, and wearing him out seemed to be my only chance at taking him down. I hit him with several quick strikes and it seemed to have an effect, though not as dramatic as I’d hoped.  I didn’t think it was possible for him to get any angrier, but he did, and as he flew into a blind rage, I swear I could see his fangs grow.  He missed me by a whisker as his claws sliced by my head.  I wasn’t liking my chances of surviving this fight with my face intact.  It was at that point that Captain Omega came soaring in and started scoring some much needed offense for the good guys.  Mr. Fang seemed to forget about me for a moment and with a renewed sense of purpose I launched into a blitzkrieg attack, hitting him over and over in a whirlwind of hand strikes, each blow carrying a blast of devitalization energy.  I actually knocked him off his feet, and I could see he was breathing hard.  It was at that point that I noticed the bodies.  Every member of my father’s team was crumpled on the floor, each bleeding from the neck.  Then I saw my father, crumpled in the corner in a pool of blood - the same stab wound in his neck.   It’s a good thing Captain Omega was paying attention, because in the shock of seeing my father, I had completely forgotten about the lunatic with fangs and claws who was intent on ripping my throat out.  I turned around just in time to see Mr. Fang’s head pop like an overfilled water balloon.  For Captain Omega it seemed like just another day at the office as his face registered no emotion at the sight of the exploding brains and skull fragments. 

We turned back to the bodies and I was surprised to see the Velvet Fox standing in the shadows.  Stealth is her thing.  And so is stabbing people in the side of the neck, apparently.  It was hard to get mad at her as she had probably just saved our lives.  Plus my father is kind of a diabolical fiend.  Not too mention she’s even more beautiful than I remembered.  She told me she had kept an eye on me in the bar.  Fortunately she felt no need to stab the midgets... as she could see that we pretty much just slapped them around indiscriminately without fear of counterattack.  It was nice to know that she cared about my safety.  She’s so great.  Oh yeah, I stopped the bleeding to my father’s neck using my gauntlets to freeze the wound.  We got him to the hospital in record time (thanks to Captain Omega’s hyperflight) and it looks like he’s going to be okay.  I don’t think I’ll be visiting him in the hospital, though.  I would, however, like to visit Velvet Fox, but she’s kind of hard to get in touch with.  But I’m sure I’ll see her again.  She tends to pop up when you least expect it.  She’s kind of mysterious like that. Yeah...she really is great.  So great… You know, I think I’m going to leave that out of my official report.  Colonel Strong used to tell me that reports should be concise and to the point.  He also said (unofficially) that  I should leave out anything that makes me look mentally unstable...he always does (i.e. don’t mention how I’m still thinking about the kiss she gave me before she left and how if I close my eyes I can still smell her perfume...mmmmm...like flowers growing in fresh mountain air...)  You know, I think I’m going to keep my report real short, actually.  Good advice, thank you Colonel.  Now I want to get in touch with Captain Omega, find out how his friends are doing in the hospital, and thank him for saving my evil dad.  Oh, and ask him if he remembers any of the names of the villains we fought, otherwise my report is going to look so unprofessional, I’m so bad with names.  Of course I won’t have to ask him Velvet Fox’s name… I think about her all the time.  And since she remembers my name, I guess that means she thinks about me a lot too.  Yeah...she’s so great.
« Last Edit: Jun 29th, 2015 at 9:56pm by Marshal Strong »  

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Re: Kid Nemesis - "Family Reunion"
Reply #1 - Jul 8th, 2015 at 8:24pm
Print Post  
  The bad guys were smilodon* ( Mr. Fangs), The Living Doll,  Velocity Girl, Doctor Nemesis,  Chesire, and Magenta.

noun 

*any of several saber-toothed cats of the extinct genus Smilodon, that ranged from California through most of South America during the Pleistocene Epoch and had upper canine teeth more than 6 inches (15 cm) long.

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

Marshal Strong
Teen Titan

\m/ All hail the Metal!

Re: Kid Nemesis - "Family Reunion"
Reply #2 - Jul 9th, 2015 at 9:33pm
Print Post  
John, after I had finished most of the write up I saw your write up with the names, but I decided to go with Kid Nemesis only remembering the fight , and of course, his beloved Velvet Fox.  Figured it was in keeping with his youth and overall immaturity that he would miss all kinds of pertinent information and focus on Velvet Fox.  Btw, glad I saw your write up cause I had referred to Jimmy's character as "Agent" Omega about ten times.

IP Logged

>