Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Sentinels Issue Summaries (Read 6525 times)
Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Re: Sentinels Issue Summaries
Reply #70 - May 24th, 2018 at 2:36pm
Print Post  
Tuesday night I got to play in my first Sentinels adventure, as my son was the GM.

#17 – We Are Not Our Brothers’ Keeper – A person dressed as Rejuvenator hosts a party in the old garage portion of the Sentinels’ base, welcoming ColdSnap to the team and making Final Pulse a junior member.  Amongst the loud music and alcohol, a tattoo artist inks guests in one corner.  The festivities also serve as a recruiting drive, and numerous paranormals attend, alongside many ordinary people.  Midna watches as newcomer Solomon Kane expresses mistrust about magical Flashbot.  Hired by the host, blue-skinned Frostgem slips away with ColdSnap into a back room for his first intimate encounter.  Alarms sound, causing Rejuvenator to clear the regular people from the facility.  Final Pulse drives a Marauder with Midna, ColdSnap, Flashbot, and Kane to a nearby police precinct, where there is a large hole in the wall and numerous casualties.  The vigilantes race inside and fight the powerful Dreadnought and hired thugs with energy blasts, who all have glowing tattoos.  Flashbot’s light flash inadvertently blinds Final Pulse permanently!  The hirelings flee, as does a temporarily blinded Dreadnaught, who is chased down and captured by ColdSnap.  As the glow from the tattoos fades, the villain shrinks down into a troubled 12-year-old boy.  He had gotten tattoos that act like an addictive drug, but also give powers.  Flashbot drives them back to the Sentinels’ base, where in the former garage they see Rejuvenator (actually Revitalizer) guarded by four minions and getting tattooed by the Artist.  Revitalizer and the Artist wield experimental Dragon Tong weaponry.  When confronted, Revitalizer shoots his hirelings, which causes them to mutate and grow claws.  Another flash of light from Flashbot blinds ColdSnap and Revitalizer, and the latter is taken out by Kane.  The Artist mind controls the Puritan hunter, who then drops Flashbot.  One by one the heroes fall in a fierce battle, until Kane snaps free and dispatches the Artist.  Again all of the thugs get away.  The heroes learn that Revitalizer is Trey, a third personality of Rejuvenator/Revivicator!  He was the mastermind behind the tattoos, which were an attempt to perpetually subdue the more noble personas within himself.

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Re: Sentinels Issue Summaries
Reply #71 - May 25th, 2018 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
I believe we had more crits than any other MP game I've been involved with.

One player critically fumbled, so was permanently blinded by another PC's blinding flash.

My PC - Solomon Kane - has a negative chance to dive clear from a Siphon Area Attack, partly because he had to jump so far (6") to get out of the blast radius.  But I rolled a 1, then rolled another 1, for a crit success!  Only a 1 in 144 chance, but he pulled it off!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: Facebook Google Google+ reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo

>