Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Sentinels Issue Summaries (Read 13837 times)
Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Sentinels Issue Summaries
Jul 29th, 2015 at 5:57pm
Print Post  
Been having the itch to run supers more lately, so I've fired up the long-running Guardians campaign.  Though instead of running with the big boys (the team itself), instead I've been running some lower level supers, who've started up their own West Coast team!

I ran on consecutive nights, and this will now make the fourth "comic book" in the 25+ year campaign.  Besides the 36 issues of Justice Force (that started it all back in the early 90s) and Exploits (more solo tales and issues that run parallel to the Guardians, but don't fit into the main title), there's now the Sentinels as well.

#1 – The Horns of Hades – San Francisco city manager Jeremy Braddock encourages Psilight to form a team in the Bay Area, and the city donates a closed down fire station in the Tenderloin neighborhood for use as a base.  He calls in Chronovator and Contagion, and new superhero Rejuvenator offers his services as well.  Psilight’s contact Miles Jefferies texts him, alerting him that the Horns of Hades biker gang, at the Lucky 13 bar, are the ones responsible for the disappearance of prosecutor Conner Mattheson.  Psilight races to the biker bar by foot while the other three fly in Chronovator’s ship, the L’Engle.  Psilight finds out little by questioning patrons, so Rejuvenator starts a bar fight by blasting a man.  The ten men and women of the Horns of Hades attack the heroes with knives and chains, but the adventurers make quick work of them all.  Suddenly Rejuvenator becomes accusatory and shoots Psilight, so Contagion swiftly renders him unconscious.  Chronovator and Psilight take the gang’s leader, Anglo, out behind the building, and Chronovator creates a portal, threatening to strand him in prehistoric times.  The biker immediately spills, revealing that his group didn’t take the man, but that they were asked to do so by the supervillain Mammoth, who is holed up at a home in Pacific Heights.  Psilight confronts Rejuvenator, who explains that he inadvertently switches between two personalities.  The teammates pledge to try to work past their differences.
« Last Edit: Sep 24th, 2015 at 4:56pm by Majestic »  

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Re: Sentinels Issue Summaries
Reply #1 - Jul 29th, 2015 at 6:02pm
Print Post  
Yesterday we continued the story, and actually ended up playing for about 5-6 hours (lots of good role-playing!).  This was actually, in the 33 years I've been playing V&V, the first time used/seen Mammoth in play, too!

#2 – Mammoth Problems – After a short rest, the quartet fly in the L’Engle to the multi-story home in the north part of the city.  They make their way inside, where they are assaulted by Chris Temba, a man amped up on the drug “body”.  Meanwhile, Contagion races upstairs and finds Mammoth and his right-hand man “Heater” Jenkins with captive prosecutor Mattheson; he quickly downs both criminals.  The others take down Temba and move to the upper floor, where Jenkins awakes.  Contagion misses with a neurotoxin attack, and it strikes Rejuvenator, knocking him out.  Mammoth and Jenkins each come to numerous times, only to be repeatedly dropped again by the heroes.  Psilight gets Mattheson to safety outside.  When Rejuvenator wakes up, he is confused and belligerent, and doesn’t recognize his companions.  Chronovator attacks him, and in response, believing that he is on the opposing side of the conflict, Rejuvenator wakes up Mammoth.  The villain is taken out again, and Rejuvenator leaps out the upper window and hides nearby.  Chronovator contacts F.I.S.H., and when their agents and police arrive there is much confusion, as Rejuvenator describes his teammates as supervillains.  The group debriefs at a local F.I.S.H. office, and the agency suspends Rejuvenator’s license; he also agrees to undergo further testing.
« Last Edit: Sep 24th, 2015 at 4:57pm by Majestic »  

IP Logged

Phrennzy
Avenger

I'm very pretty!

Reply #2 - Jul 30th, 2015 at 1:14am
Print Post  
Love it. 

It is tradition in our group that the first villain any new player or hero fights is Mammoth and Heater Jenkins.  We originally only had the rulebook, and they were the only villains we had. 

It's a great lesson for new players as well.  Do you take out Heater, who is a one shot knockout, or focus on Mammoth and take the gunshots from Heater. 

I think in this current campaign they'll return, Mammoth having undergone power enhancement and Heater gaining a new, better gun. 

I love reading your little summations.  It's easy to mine for my own game, and your experience in crafting the adventures shows.  Thanks for posting!

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #3 - Jul 30th, 2015 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
Thanks, Phrennzy!  When Contagion's player had him run upstairs, he had to make that instant choice.  I figured for sure he'd go for the big, hairy guy (I didn't even use counters at that point, as the other players didn't know what was going on away from them), but he chose the guy with the gun. Smiley

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #4 - Jul 30th, 2015 at 8:00pm
Print Post  
Our heroes enter the Lucky 13 (an actual biker bar in San Francisco):

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #5 - Jul 30th, 2015 at 8:01pm
Print Post  
The PCs queried some of the Horns of Hades gang members at a table in the back.  It should be noted that most of those bikes parked outside were Harleys (or, if you like Mystery Men, "Harley-compatibles") Wink

« Last Edit: Jul 30th, 2015 at 8:02pm by Majestic »  

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #6 - Jul 30th, 2015 at 8:04pm
Print Post  
It didn't take long, once the fight started, for the thugs and gang members to be taken out.  The last gal started to go for her gun, but decided to surrender instead.

IP Logged

Phrennzy
Avenger

I'm very pretty!

Reply #7 - Jul 30th, 2015 at 9:04pm
Print Post  
Shocked

You...you have a grid map but drew the map askew to the grid...what kind of monster are you?

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #8 - Jul 31st, 2015 at 4:16pm
Print Post  
I know.  My CDO (I like to put them in the proper alphabetical order) hardly allowed me to do so.  Grin

The reason I did it that way was because that was how it came up on Google Maps (so the top of the map was true North and all).

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #9 - Jul 31st, 2015 at 4:20pm
Print Post  
While Contagion (shrunken to 1/4" tall) spied on the amped-up thug inside and Psilight and Rejuvenator waited outside the door, Chronovator used Non-Corporealness to pass right through into the kitchen, where she confronted Temba.

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #10 - Jul 31st, 2015 at 4:22pm
Print Post  
Tenba raced over and grabbed a baseball bat, which Psilight shattered, turning it into a small club.

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #11 - Jul 31st, 2015 at 4:24pm
Print Post  
Seeing that Tenba was in good hands (facing the other three), Contagion (still small) raced upstairs, where he found the seated kidnapped prosecutor as well as Mammoth and 'Heater' Jenkins.

IP Logged

Phrennzy
Avenger

I'm very pretty!

Reply #12 - Jul 31st, 2015 at 8:30pm
Print Post  
"John Bystander the Fourth for the prosecution, your honor."  LMAO

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #13 - Aug 2nd, 2015 at 5:47am
Print Post  
LOL!  Grin

Mammoth wakes up again!

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #14 - Aug 2nd, 2015 at 5:48am
Print Post  
At least briefly, both Jenkins and Mammoth were up, though all Heater could do was try to wake up Mammoth again (when he was KOd again), before he too took another dirt nap!

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #15 - Aug 2nd, 2015 at 5:51am
Print Post  
The wrap-up outside, with F.I.S.H. and the police on scene.  Fortunately, the prosecutor was there to vouch for Psilight and the others, since Rejuvenator fingered his teammates as supervillains!

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #16 - Nov 29th, 2015 at 6:13am
Print Post  
We played this one awhile ago (more than a month), but I hadn't got around to updating the pictures.

#3 – Welcoming Party – Hundreds gather at Union Square as the Sentinels hold a press conference to explain their intent to protect San Francisco.  Rejuvenator is called away right before the monstrous Gargan makes his way through the crowd toward the stage.  A young man intercepts the brute, then transforms into the new superhero Raijin.  Battle is soon joined, with Psilight and Raijin slugging it out with powerful villains Gargan and Talus Baum.  After a massive battle, Talus Baum reveals that their attack was a message from someone unknown, and that the city is contested territory.  They exit the area with Raijin unconscious and Psilight barely able to stand.

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #17 - Nov 29th, 2015 at 6:13am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #18 - Nov 29th, 2015 at 6:15am
Print Post  
Though eagle-eyed observers will note Rejuvenator on the dais, my son decided not to play, so we retconnned that and had him depart just before the action.

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #19 - Nov 29th, 2015 at 6:15am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #20 - Nov 29th, 2015 at 6:16am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #21 - Nov 29th, 2015 at 6:16am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #22 - Nov 29th, 2015 at 6:17am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #23 - Jan 6th, 2016 at 5:42pm
Print Post  
This next issue we played in two parts.  The first was a couple of months ago, and then we played for a few hours and finished it off last night.

#4 – The Hero Within - Chronovator, Rejuvenator, Raijin, and Psilight respond via the L’Engle to a break-in at a Medynamics warehouse south of San Francisco.  They attempt to apprehend intruder Omega Girl, but the powerful paranormal escapes with some stolen items.  The team follows her trail north in the L’Engle into the Dogpatch neighborhood, where they spot black-clad operatives guarding a building.  They subdue a number of Tic-Tac-Toe agents, then blast their way into the abandoned warehouse the men were protecting.  Inside they interrupt a meeting between Omega Girl and Mindlynx, flanked by two more agents.  Battle is joined, and the vigilantes take down everyone inside.  Later, they hear that Omega Girl claims to be a former police officer forced to work for the research group that gave her superpowers.
« Last Edit: Jan 7th, 2016 at 3:34am by Majestic »  

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #24 - Feb 21st, 2016 at 9:36pm
Print Post  
Finally downloaded pictures off of my phone to the computer.  Here's a few images of that last adventure ("The Hero Within").  Firstly the four PCs:

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #25 - Feb 21st, 2016 at 9:36pm
Print Post  
The misunderstood heroine, Omega Girl.

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #26 - Feb 21st, 2016 at 9:37pm
Print Post  
Some wreckage in the warehouse as they fight her:

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #27 - Feb 21st, 2016 at 9:39pm
Print Post  
They kept knocking her back into tons of fallen-down shelving.

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #28 - Feb 21st, 2016 at 9:40pm
Print Post  
One last pic of Omega Girl amongst the massive amount of debris.

IP Logged

Phrennzy
Avenger

I'm very pretty!

Reply #29 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 5:32pm
Print Post  
I love your counters.  The font is perfect.

IP Logged

Harkker
Apprentice

I Love V&V!

Reply #30 - Feb 23rd, 2016 at 1:14pm
Print Post  
Yes! You have some of the best Chits I have ever seen!

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #31 - Feb 25th, 2016 at 12:52pm
Print Post  
Thanks, all! Smiley

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #32 - May 27th, 2016 at 11:53am
Print Post  
I was on a staycation last week, so I took the opportunity to run dsumner's "Rising Sun".  I'll post some pictures later on.

On the first day I ran the first half with three players:

#5 – Like a Thief in the Night – After the sabotage of numerous industrial facilities on the West Coast by radical environmentalists from the E.P.F. (Environmental Protection Front), authorities receive a tip from a reliable informant on where they will strike next.  With paranormals apparently involved, they ask the Sentinels to be ready for them.  Raijin, Psilight, and a visiting Wraith ambush and take down Geist, Riot, and a half-dozen masked E.P.F. members as they assault an S.A.C.C. (Sino-American Chemical Corporation) shipping terminal south of San Francisco.  Afterwards Lazarus Stone, the president and CEO of S.A.C.C.’s parent company, Titan Industries, makes the most of a live press conference with lots of media attention, where he rewards the three heroes with a large check to the charity of their choice.

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #33 - May 27th, 2016 at 12:03pm
Print Post  
The next day we continued, this time with five players.  Note that we'll still probably finish things off (as the players want to go after the two villains that escaped):

#6 – Rising Sun – Days later, while the three heroes are joined for lunch at the Pinecrest Diner by Contagion and Rejuvenator, they oversee breaking news about a major strike by supervillains on an S.A.C.C. processing plant just outside the city.  The five race to a scene straight out of a war zone.  News and police helicopters hover overhead while emergency personnel attempt to contain the situation and rescue trapped and injured plant workers.  Smoke fills the air, several chemical storage tanks burn uncontrollably, and chemicals leak and spill everywhere.  Psilight and Wraith race into the chaos and rescue civilians, while Raijin, Rejuvenator, and Contagion engage Divine Right in the gravel parking lot north of the carnage.  Raijin duels Tetsuronin while the others battle Boufuu, Inabikari, Oni, and Yamakuzure.  Wraith and Psilight join their companions, and together the vigilantes begin to get the upper hand.  When their teammates go down, Oni leaps away, and eventually Tetsuronin flees as well.  The adventurers aid police, fire, and emergency crews as they help the many casualties and extinguish the fires.

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #34 - Oct 11th, 2016 at 2:05pm
Print Post  
About two weeks ago we finished off "Rising Sun" (written by dsumner) by doing the finale, on the ship as the villains flee.  We had a PC die (legitimately, which is rare in V&V), but I'd just nerfed his overpowered Paralysis Ray, and the player was eager to make a new PC anyway.

#7 – Battle at Sea – A U.S. Navy submarine and experimental military satellite provide the location of the Rising Sun’s submersible transport, the Sea Dragon, as it heads east.  F.I.S.H. flies Contagion, Psilight, and Raijin out over the Pacific Ocean, after the Sea Dragon was brought aboard the high-speed catamaran, the Daisuke.  The trio parachutes down, but Raijin and Psilight land in the water and are forced to scramble aboard near the anchor of the large boat.  They search the lower levels of the vessel and take out one crewmember.  Contagion makes his way into the secure bridge near the top, disabling the captain and first mate, then changing the ship’s course to slowly return to the States.  Unable to find the supervillains, the three make their way to the open upper deck and call out the enemy; Tetsuronin and Oni arrive soon after.  The heroes drop Oni instantly, but Tetsuronin proves difficult to defeat, parrying away most of their attacks.  Contagion is hit and sent flying overboard, soon tragically lost to the ocean depths.  Soon after Raijin is also knocked into the sea, so Psilight disengages and disables the boat’s engines.  By the time he rescues Raijin, Tetsuronin has escaped again via the Sea Dragon.

« Last Edit: Feb 15th, 2017 at 2:43pm by Majestic »  

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #35 - Oct 17th, 2016 at 3:09pm
Print Post  
One note about that last issue (#7): In the original, play through, the final battle was incredibly anti-climatic.

Psilight one-shotted Oni, which was fine (he was low on HP from the previous battle).  Then Contagion, as so often has happened, immediately dropped Tetsuronin with his obnoxious Paralysis attack.

I even have it spelled out in my supplemental rules how a GM should really watch out for Paralysis Ray, but - against my better judgment - I'd allowed it with this PC.  This fight was the final straw, however.  Before we replayed this final fight (right after Oni was felled), I sat down with the player and we worked out a new solution for his attack.  In most ways it remained the same, but I made it so that bigger, tougher characters had a greater chance to shrug it off.

So on our normal D&D night, we played out this final fight again.  This time it worked out much better, and more like expected.  It allowed Tetsuronin (who is actually a perfect arch-nemesis for Raijin) to get away, and being blasted way off the boat led to the death of Contagion (the player was eager to make a new PC anyway; he said the only reason he still played him was because of how "OP" he was).

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #36 - Dec 14th, 2017 at 5:50pm
Print Post  
Apparently I forgot to include the adventure my son and I ran (with 3.0) at this summer's GuardianCon.  At some point I'll try to throw up some pictures.

#8 – The Freak Show – When Psilight and Raijin respond to a low-income tenement fire in Bayview, they are joined by Hotshot, Omicron, and newly arrived The Chosen.  Working separately, they rescue many people, and Psilight is able to get the sprinkler system working.  The southeast section of the building collapses, but the heroes assist in getting most civilians clear, saving scores of lives.  Psilight’s friend Dr. Grant Berns calls and tells him of a terrified patient, Jackson Paynter, who stumbled across strange technology and believes someone is after him.  Later a phone call with Paynter is cut off, so the five champions rush to the man’s upscale apartment in Presidio Heights, where they find Mammoth and many criminals.  The adventurers take down the villain, along with ‘Heater’ Jenkins, Chris Temba, and other thugs, some amped up on the drug “Body”.  The unusual tech leads them to a closed-down brewery containing a lab, sophisticated equipment, and some sort of gateway.  The group attacks and fights Lady Bloodbath, but swiftly learns it is extremely difficult to hurt the large, intelligent gorilla, Silverback, who is protected by his ally, Jelly.  Beaten back, the vigilantes grab their fallen and retreat, Silverback rationalizing his motives to The Chosen before they depart.

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #37 - Dec 16th, 2017 at 6:27am
Print Post  
Some pictures:

https://imgur.com/a/pHOIX

This first one is after the heroes first arrive at the upscale apartments, where some thugs wait outside.  The PCs stayed focused and ignored the bait of these felons, rushing inside and upstairs.
« Last Edit: Dec 16th, 2017 at 6:28am by Majestic »  

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #38 - Dec 18th, 2017 at 12:44pm
Print Post  
Hey Paul,

I got locked out from this site again; I think because I've linked to pictures on Imgur.  Not that Photobucket is no longer an option, do you have a suggestion for a site to use to host pictures?

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #39 - Dec 18th, 2017 at 2:46pm
Print Post  
I dont think that would be an issue. I'll have to take  a look and see if there is some sort of setting messing with that.

In the mean time, if it's one photo it's best to just attach it to your post and it will automatically create a nice thumbnail for immediate viewing in your post.

**Update** I am not seeing you on the ban list and your account is deemed active so I'm not really sure what happened here. I can also see the link to your image and the image link works.  I didn't see any settings about outside links to images.  The only thing I can think is that maybe the firewall was detecting a script coming in from imgur (which happens with photobucket) and blocked it and temp banned your IP.

« Last Edit: Dec 18th, 2017 at 2:55pm by Paul »  

Anticipation of death is worse than death itself -- Steven Segal

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #40 - Dec 19th, 2017 at 2:19pm
Print Post  
Hmm, strange.  I figured you'd had to reset my account.  I wasn't able to log in from home using different devices, so it must have been my ip that was temporarily banned.

Thanks for the tip.  I'll try just attaching individual photos, and see how that works.
« Last Edit: Dec 19th, 2017 at 2:19pm by Majestic »  

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #41 - Dec 19th, 2017 at 5:44pm
Print Post  
Ok cool. And you should be able to attach more than one image, I think up to like 5 maybe. So below the reply box you will see the attachment box where you can choose a file. To the left of that you will see the word "Attachments" with a drop down arrow next to it. If you hit that arrow it will add another attachment box, which you can do up to 5 times.

If you need me to up the number of attachments let me know.

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #42 - Dec 20th, 2017 at 2:50pm
Print Post  
That should be great.  I'll try tonight.  Thanks!

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #43 - Dec 20th, 2017 at 3:24pm
Print Post  
Store your avatar image locally as well. Seems to be a dead link or maybe on imgur.

« Last Edit: Dec 20th, 2017 at 3:24pm by Paul »  

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #44 - Dec 21st, 2017 at 2:10pm
Print Post  
Will do.

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #45 - Dec 22nd, 2017 at 2:40pm
Print Post  
Paul, I've tried, but I'm unable to log in to this site from home.

It gives me 404 error messages.

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #46 - Dec 22nd, 2017 at 3:17pm
Print Post  
Do you know your IP address at home? Otherwise maybe clear your cache and make sure you are logging into the https and not http site.

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #47 - Dec 22nd, 2017 at 7:39pm
Print Post  
Paul wrote on Dec 22nd, 2017 at 3:17pm:
Do you know your IP address at home? Otherwise maybe clear your cache and make sure you are logging into the https and not http site.

I'll try to get you the IP address.  I've cleared the cache and all cookies and tried resetting the computer.  Also tried using Google and other methods besides just manually inputting the address but got the same result.

I'll try getting you the IP address.  The fact I couldn't get in on my desktop and phone makes me think that's the likely problem.

Thanks for the help in getting this resolved, Paul!
« Last Edit: Dec 22nd, 2017 at 7:40pm by Majestic »  

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #48 - Dec 22nd, 2017 at 8:51pm
Print Post  
I was able to see your last three IP addresses in the log and none of them are on the ban list. And in the lower right hand corner of your post you should be able to see your current IP address (just a fun fact).

Also might be your bookmarks you are using are pointing to the old site. Update them as there is a slight change in the address.

The new one is:
https://www.villainsandvigilantesforum.com/public_html/cgi-bin/vandv/YaBB.pl

which you should copy and paste into the bookmark properties etc.

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #49 - Dec 23rd, 2017 at 1:54am
Print Post  
My IP address is 192.168.86.1

I'm able to connect at home only by turning off wi-fi on my phone.

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #50 - Dec 23rd, 2017 at 1:57am
Print Post  
I put that address in (that you linked to, above) using my computer at home, and still got the 404 (page not found) error message.

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #51 - Dec 23rd, 2017 at 2:00am
Print Post  
FYI , it doesn't show me any ip addresses in the lower right of a post. It shows a little symbol and below that symbol it says 'ip logged'.

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #52 - Dec 23rd, 2017 at 8:27am
Print Post  
Ok I guess because I am admin I can see it. And that IP you gave me is your internal not your ISP assigned one.  But nevertheless you are fixed now. I found an old IP address of yours on the deeper log and it was on the list. I guess your ISP rotated it or something but you should be good to go now. Please confirm.

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #53 - Dec 26th, 2017 at 5:19pm
Print Post  
Will do when I get home.  Thanks for the help, Paul!

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #54 - Dec 27th, 2017 at 12:40pm
Print Post  
I tried last night, but still got 404 error messages (different ones depending on the method used to get here).

I reset my computer and cleared out cache and cookies, but still no go. Sad

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #55 - Dec 27th, 2017 at 3:07pm
Print Post  
Ok must be another IP in there I'm missing. Do me a favor, go to google and just type in "what is my IP" without the quotes, and it should tell you your public IP.

PM that to me, don't post it.  Thanks.

In the meatime I'll check for more prior IP's.  *update: saw one other that could be an old one but I doubt it, try it again but if it doesn't work please send me your public IP but also check your bookmark (see a few posts above for the correct link as you may have to modify if manually).  *

« Last Edit: Dec 27th, 2017 at 3:13pm by Paul »  

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #56 - Dec 27th, 2017 at 6:45pm
Print Post  
Will do.  FWIW, I never end up using bookmarks.  I usually type the address in manually.  Though in this case lately, when it doesn't connect I've been typing it into Google as well.

I'll try that for my IP.  I think I did "How to find your IP on Windows 10" or something like that last time.

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #57 - Dec 28th, 2017 at 10:04am
Print Post  
The "what is my IP" in google is a known thing so I would go with that.

And you should probably create a bookmark for this site just in case something is screwey with your redirects or cache etc. Use this:

https://www.villainsandvigilantesforum.com/public_html/cgi-bin/vandv/YaBB.pl

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #58 - Dec 28th, 2017 at 12:45pm
Print Post  
Once I get back here (from home), I'll try bookmarking it. 

IP address sent via PM.

I mostly go to this site from work, where we use different computers (they used to be roaming profiles), use private browsing, clear our histories and caches regularly, etc.  So I'm used to just writing out "villainsandvigilantesforum.com" in the address bar manually.

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #59 - Dec 28th, 2017 at 3:57pm
Print Post  
Quote:
So I'm used to just writing out "villainsandvigilantesforum.com" in the address bar manually.

Yeah I just worry that my redirects might not be auto pointing that address to the https site as opposed to the older site that's all.  And a lot of that is dependent on your DNS servers your ISP uses and how often they update etc.

« Last Edit: Dec 28th, 2017 at 3:58pm by Paul »  

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #60 - Dec 28th, 2017 at 9:21pm
Print Post  
I was able to connect (using the address you posted above) from home, and I've linked it via a bookmark.

Thanks again for all the help, Paul!

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #61 - Dec 29th, 2017 at 12:02am
Print Post  
Awesome!!

Rockband

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #62 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 5:31pm
Print Post  
A month or two back we played the following:

#9 – Asphalt Pirates – Psilight and Raijin are joined by Wraith and Deschutes at a team building seminar downtown.  All four head back to the Sentinels’ base, where retired detective (and current cold case volunteer) Marcus Sampson warns them about increased activity in the Bay Area by the Tatsu (Dragon) Tong.  A call comes in and the heroes respond to an alley in North Beach, where the Asphalt Pirates, a gang of bikers dressed like pirates, have robbed and assaulted other criminals.  As the vigilantes make quick work of the thugs, the invisible villainess Mind Mauler, using astral projection, mind controls Deschutes and commands him to attack the others!  The trio battles the powerful Native American warrior, and eventually Psilight is able to convince their ally to cease hostilities.  Mind Mauler, having learned much about the vigilantes, returns to her physical body, where she records her observations.
« Last Edit: Jan 17th, 2018 at 5:31pm by Majestic »  

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #63 - Jan 18th, 2018 at 6:48pm
Print Post  
A few weeks ago, I ran sort of an intro to "Revenge of the Yakuza".  Being as the first part "Search for the Sensei" was run a couple of decades ago (nearly 23 years, in-game) in my campaign, I had to set up a new operation of the Tong in order for them to want revenge on the heroes.

10 – Ronin – Chronovator returns with Alchemist, a companion from Victorian England.  Psilight calls a team meeting, and the time-travelling pair join him, along with Revivicator (the alternate personality of Rejuvenator), Wraith, Raijin, and novice hero Shadowfist.  Liaison Braddock asks the team to participate in a civic parade, and the adventurers ride a float representing the Sentinels, with the L’ Engle flying above.  Police contact Sampson alerts them of a potential murder happening that night, so the group switches to civilian guises and stakes out the Kabuki Hotel in Japantown.  Armored villain Ronin enters, but is magnetically stopped by Wraith.  Ten ninjas ambush from hiding places in the ceiling and from outside, but the vigilantes swiftly take them out.  Ronin appears to be a reluctant hired assassin, but the ninjas all have a dragon tattoo on their forearm identifying them as belonging to the Tatsu Tong.

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #64 - Jan 19th, 2018 at 7:16pm
Print Post  
This week we played again.  This time I combined the third and last part (that I hadn't run before) from an old V&V magazine article, called "Femmes Fatale".  That scenario was quite simple: two villainesses named Amazon and Sonic Doom rob a bank.  I used an old villain from our campaign with the same name as Amazon (taken from an online adventure by another GM), and replaced Sonic Doom with Supersonic (from the old adventure "The Great Iridium Con").  For the second part (the Mukadé), I used the three villains from "Revenge of the Yakuda" and added one of my own (giving the 3.0 abilities of a Katana that works while the character is completely Non-Corporeal and immune to physical attacks).

#11 – Femmes Fatale – Responding to a local bank robbery in the L’Engle, Chronovator, Rejuvenator, and Alchemist confront blue-skinned paranormal ColdSnap.  After initial mistrust, all soon realize they are on the same side.  The four enter the bank and incapacitate Amazon and her ocelot Kazai.  Surrounding the powerful but exhausted Supersonic, they convince her to surrender.  As they begin to call the authorities, the adventurers are besieged by Mukadé unit assassins Kamikaze, Black Tiger, Preying Mantis, and Phantom Strike; the ninja-like foes explain that the Tatsu Tong has ordered their deaths!  A furious skirmish ensues, and Supersonic makes a quick deal with Rejuvenator, agreeing to aid the vigilantes in exchange for her freedom.  The battle is tough and long, and multiple heroes are knocked out, only to be revived again moments later.  During both fights, Rejuvenator switches back and forth with his Revivicator identity numerous times.  Eventually, as law enforcement draws close, Phantom Strike and Black Tiger flee.  Unconscious Supersonic is found to be dead.  The captured Mukadé agents have the dragon tattoo on their left forearm and a centipede one on the right.

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #65 - Apr 9th, 2018 at 4:38pm
Print Post  
I've been continuing with "Revenge of the Yakuza" with my Tuesday night group:

#12 – Revenge of the Yakuza – Chronovator and Alchemist leave as Raijin and Shadowfist arrive.  Unable to meet up with friends, Revivicator invites Dr. Drake Ramoray and Andrei Vladimirescu to the police station where the Mukadé operatives are interrogated.  ColdSnap stays outside and the others observe as the police question the pair; Japanese Kamikaze refuses to speak, but American Preying Mantis does not take long to talk.  The assassin squad was sent on the direct orders of the Ichiban Sama via someone named Naginata, who told them in the Tokyo offices of Hachiji Scientific.  Ramoray departs, and after the team secures power dampening equipment from F.I.S.H., Vladimirescu arranges for a private jet and sets up a meeting with Hachiji.  Significant modifications are made to the craft to accommodate a sedated ColdSnap, then Vladimirescu, Raijin, Revivicator, and Shadowfist fly to a C.H.E.S.S. base in Tokyo.  ColdSnap stays at the base while an Agent Kenzu accompanies the other four, all disguised as businessmen, to the famous upscale Ginza District.  On the top floor of the Tokyo Memorial Trade Building they enter the offices of Hachiji Scientific, where executive Masatake Hachiji gives them a brief tour and meeting in his office.  Shadowfist observes that their host is upset about something, and Raijin finds a tabloid article about his father not being seen for some time.  Vladimirescu offers help, but the businessman declines their offer and hurries them out.
« Last Edit: May 2nd, 2018 at 11:52pm by Majestic »  

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #66 - Apr 10th, 2018 at 4:58pm
Print Post  
The summary from last week's game:

#13 – Rendezvous with Revenge – ColdSnap tells C.H.E.S.S. psychologist Shahzaib Miller how he was recovered from Antarctica years ago; she also helps him begin to control his powerful cold field.  Shadowfist accompanies a Rook and two Knights to investigate a lead on the outskirts of Tokyo, while C.H.E.S.S. teleports Psilight in from San Francisco.  Exotic extradimensional princess Midna also arrives at the facility to lend her assistance.  Raijin and Vladimirescu stake out Hachiji Scientific from a nearby park while Psilight (as a civilian) and Midna try to ascertain more about the Tatsu Tong by visiting a high-end casino.  Their foes remain elusive, and C.H.E.S.S. archives on Naginata also reveal very little.  The group meets up outside Hachiji, but are quickly chased away by protective security guards.  Stymied by their lack of progress, Psilight turns to Rook Kenzu, who suggests returning to Hachiji and challenging Naginata’s honor.  The six heroes return to the Tokyo Memorial Trade Building again, this time in costume, and call out the gangsters.  Security retreats inside as passersby begin recording the public confrontation.  Shi-Kaze comes to the door and implores them to back off, but the challengers remain resolute.  The two sides agree to a duel with an equal number of combatants, and soon after Yamaguchi paranormals Kabuki, Phantom Strike, and Swiftblade arrive via car.  Naginata, Shi-Kaze, and android Negatron come downstairs to join them outside and the battle begins.  Vladimirescu joins his friends, revealing that he is the paranormal Final Pulse.  During the fight, Revivicator discerns that Shi-Kaze is executive Masatake Hachiji, and is intentionally holding back.
« Last Edit: Apr 11th, 2018 at 5:14pm by Majestic »  

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #67 - Apr 11th, 2018 at 5:16pm
Print Post  
#14 – Terror in Tokyo – As the fight rages, the heroes begin to gain the upper hand.  An exhausted Kabuki flees, followed by a fatigued Swiftblade, and eventually only Naginata remains.  The champions overwhelm the samurai, then some rush over to the onlookers, where the Hachiji security guards try to suppress the crowd’s recordings of the battle.  Naginata arises and contests the team again, but is finally subdued.  Shi-Kaze orders security to return to the building and informs the Sentinels that he was under Naginata’s thumb, a crime-fighter forced to work for the Yakuza as they hold his father Iyeyasu captive.  Phantom Strike awakens and floats away into the ground.  C.H.E.S.S. arrives and arrests Naginata and Negatron.  Shadowfist’s group returns and explains that the Tong kidnapped renowned scientist Haruzo Torinaga.  Revivicator promises Shi-Kaze that they will rescue his father, and their former enemy takes them back upstairs to the top floor.  With help from C.H.E.S.S. they search Naginata’s bedroom and office and recover six vials with clear liquid labeled Y-12 and X-12; Shi-Kaze believes them to be a drug and antidote.

« Last Edit: May 2nd, 2018 at 11:52pm by Majestic »  

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #68 - May 7th, 2018 at 4:35pm
Print Post  
#15 – High-Tech Horror – A Hachiji pilot spills the location of two southern island complexes.  Psilight decides that they will strike first against the one they know more about before assaulting the likely main headquarters of the villains.  The following evening Psilight, Midna, and Shi-Kaze assist C.H.E.S.S. with a raid on another Hachiji office building in Yokohama while the main group parachutes into different spots of the Hachiji compound on Tanegashima.  Raijin coerces a technician into shutting off all electrical power, then blows the backup generators.  Shadowfist chases away a radio operator from a communications shack.  Final Pulse searches the top floor of the largest structure, while Revivicator and ColdSnap take out a security guard and grab some experimental weapons from a building with high-tech armaments.  As he moves across the grounds, Shadowfist encounters a large kirin, a celestial dragon-horse of Japanese mythology, and is knocked unconscious by the beast and an invisible foe.  Raijin comes to his aid and knocks out the creature, which changes back into a woman as it goes flying.  Invisible Shadow Dragon scoops up his sister Kirin and flees.  ColdSnap and Revivicator move over to the Simulations Building and drop another security guard before running into Final Pulse there.
« Last Edit: May 16th, 2018 at 2:02pm by Majestic »  

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #69 - May 16th, 2018 at 2:07pm
Print Post  
And last night, it took a 5+ hour session, but we finished it!

#16 – Climax at the Castle – C.H.E.S.S. and Japanese authorities descend on Tanegashima and help detain workers and rescue captive scientists and engineers.  Kirin and Shadow Dragon alert Ichiban Sama at the main Dragon Tong headquarters on Yakushima.  After resting and healing, the next morning the team makes their final assault on the island.  Their C.H.E.S.S craft is warned to stay away, so drops below radar until over Yakushima, and it dodges laser fire after the squad parachutes onto a dormant volcano.  They travel through jungle to the compound, which has a moat and high stone wall.  Raijin and Shi-Kaze challenge the Yamaguchi from outside, but Ninja Master leaps to the wall and cautions them that they face certain death if they continue.  Shadowfist grows large and teleports onto the wall, while Raijin and Rejuvenator (towing ColdSnap) leap over, where they fight Ninja Master, Kirin (again as a dragon), and a ninja.  Kirin is felled, and when Shadowfist forces the drawbridge down, Shi-Kaze, Psilight, and Final Pulse also enter the courtyard.  Surrounded, Ninja Master drops a flash grenade, temporarily blinding Raijin and Shi-Kaze before he flees into the feudal Japanese castle.  The heroes enter through the front door and engage Kabuki, Shadow Dragon, Phantom Strike, Swiftblade, Ninja Master, Ichiban Sama, and many elite ninjas inside.  After a furious battle, Phantom Strike flees, and the rest of the villains are defeated.  Ichiban Sama takes off his mask, revealing that he is Iyeyasu Hachiji!  He congratulates his honorable opponents, reveals his disgust that son Shi-Kaze chose the wrong side, and commits seppuku by blowing up himself and his magical rings via a powerful explosion!  Dr. Torinaga is rescued, and many records are recovered that lead to the end of the Dragon Tong.

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #70 - May 24th, 2018 at 2:36pm
Print Post  
Tuesday night I got to play in my first Sentinels adventure, as my son was the GM.

#17 – We Are Not Our Brothers’ Keeper – A person dressed as Rejuvenator hosts a party in the old garage portion of the Sentinels’ base, welcoming ColdSnap to the team and making Final Pulse a junior member.  Amongst the loud music and alcohol, a tattoo artist inks guests in one corner.  The festivities also serve as a recruiting drive, and numerous paranormals attend, alongside many ordinary people.  Midna watches as newcomer Solomon Kane expresses mistrust about magical Flashbot.  Hired by the host, blue-skinned Frostgem slips away with ColdSnap into a back room for his first intimate encounter.  Alarms sound, causing Rejuvenator to clear the regular people from the facility.  Final Pulse drives a Marauder with Midna, ColdSnap, Flashbot, and Kane to a nearby police precinct, where there is a large hole in the wall and numerous casualties.  The vigilantes race inside and fight the powerful Dreadnought and hired thugs with energy blasts, who all have glowing tattoos.  Flashbot’s light flash inadvertently blinds Final Pulse permanently!  The hirelings flee, as does a temporarily blinded Dreadnaught, who is chased down and captured by ColdSnap.  As the glow from the tattoos fades, the villain shrinks down into a troubled 12-year-old boy.  He had gotten tattoos that act like an addictive drug, but also give powers.  Flashbot drives them back to the Sentinels’ base, where in the former garage they see Rejuvenator (actually Revitalizer) guarded by four minions and getting tattooed by the Artist.  Revitalizer and the Artist wield experimental Dragon Tong weaponry.  When confronted, Revitalizer shoots his hirelings, which causes them to mutate and grow claws.  Another flash of light from Flashbot blinds ColdSnap and Revitalizer, and the latter is taken out by Kane.  The Artist mind controls the Puritan hunter, who then drops Flashbot.  One by one the heroes fall in a fierce battle, until Kane snaps free and dispatches the Artist.  Again all of the thugs get away.  The heroes learn that Revitalizer is Trey, a third personality of Rejuvenator/Revivicator!  He was the mastermind behind the tattoos, which were an attempt to perpetually subdue the more noble personas within himself.

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #71 - May 25th, 2018 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
I believe we had more crits than any other MP game I've been involved with.

One player critically fumbled, so was permanently blinded by another PC's blinding flash.

My PC - Solomon Kane - has a negative chance to dive clear from a Siphon Area Attack, partly because he had to jump so far (6") to get out of the blast radius.  But I rolled a 1, then rolled another 1, for a crit success!  Only a 1 in 144 chance, but he pulled it off!

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #72 - Nov 21st, 2018 at 5:07pm
Print Post  
Some here might recognize this latest issue as an homage to part of the adventure that a number of us played in, run by Bill Willingham back at Gary Con 3 in 2011.

I changed things around a little bit, but it was very close to what happened then; in our game continuity that adventure happened in the same place 5 years previously, and the pocket dimension has deteriorated since.  Two heroes from that game have passed over into our world (Makeshift and Southpaw).

#18 – Tempest in a Teacup – Flashback: 25 years ago in Miami, C.H.E.S.S. agent David Sweet and multiple Knights and Rooks square off in a parking garage with a controlled Knight and the supervillain Menton, who is accompanied by a small child.  Superhero Tempest swoops in carrying Menton’s unconscious wife, Morningstar, and takes down the felon when he refuses to surrender.  The youngster (Psilight) is conflicted, after witnessing his idol fight his parents.  Present Day: Sweet informs Psilight that Tempest (long retired) has been abducted to another (unknown) dimension.  After assembling the team at their base, Traveler arrives and gives them eight tickets for the Cosmic Train.  He creates a gateway and the seven adventurers step through into an arid, rocky wasteland.  Psilight raises Final Pulse high into the air with telekinesis, and with his new cybernetic eyes he is able to see something far off to the west.  Via a sled, ColdSnap carries them swiftly to a primordial jungle surrounded by a dried-up lake, where they find the dead body of a young girl, her throat slit.  They carefully recover her and venture into the forest, where in a clearing by a dilapidated train station they encounter four strange beings having a tea party.  Midna is eager to join them, but Psilight opens a dialogue, and two more bizarre creatures arrive.  Raijin spots Tempest in a tree, unconscious and strapped into an unusual apparatus, and begins freeing him.  The captors object, explaining that they need the hero’s weather powers to combat their drought, and in moments the battle begins.  Jabberwock flies in, joining the other Carrollers: Mad Mimsy, Slithy Tove, Jub Jub Bird, Mome Rath, Bandersnatch, and Borogove.  Numerous combatants fall as Rejuvenator drains energy from participants on both sides.  Flashbot blinds Jabberwock, Psilight proposes a truce, and their adversaries accept.  Raijin continues to fight, but relents when Psilight insists.  The teammates discover that Final Pulse is dead.  They attempt to bargain with the ghosts on the Cosmic Train, but the spirits insist that dead bodies still require a ticket.  Forced to leave the corpse of the girl, they return home with the rescued Tempest and Final Pulse’s remains.  Epilogue: The Sentinels learn that they had visited a pocket dimension in the shape of a giant teacup.

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #73 - Apr 25th, 2019 at 4:52pm
Print Post  
This Tuesday my son ran some of us through the latest adventure for the Sentinels.  There were others that wanted to play, but he capped things with six players (a good problem to have!).

I thought he did an outstanding job, especially in spotlighting my daughter's PC (Princess Midna); often she's not that invested in the game, but this time she was really, really into it, and the session was tense and exciting!

He also returned a couple of PCs (for two other players) that had been believed to be dead for many years (they went out with a vampire villain); in this one he revealed that they had been shunted to this place, where time passed differently.  So he brought back a major villain for his game, but also resurrected two deceased PCs.

Lastly, he brought back the Pet of one of his old PCs, saying that in the years since he played it, this chimaera (heads of a goat, lion, and dragon) had died and was now an undead minion serving his villain.

#19 – Unexpected Returns – While dining at a restaurant with Flashbot, Princess Midna is surprised by a message in her native language via her Sentinel communicator indicating that the Wellspring of her home world (Mu) has been tainted.  She requests assistance from her teammates and allies.  Responding to the team’s base is Solomon Kane and a new ally he just met at a library, the mouse-like Basil, as well as Raijin and his friend Nigel (Mindgasm).  Part of a doorway to Mu forms there, and Midna completes it, allowing the six heroes to travel through.  Four royal guards accompany the princess and the others into the underground chamber of the Wellspring, where there are shallow channels of water, force field walls, and a large, robotic guardian in the center.  Magical pillars throughout with (Earth-like) symbols and candles are spaced around the large room.  As sand passes through an hourglass and tremors shake everything, Raijin and Mindgasm deduce the order of lighting the candles, and the force fields drop.  Flashbot finds an adjacent secret room with bodies of numerous slain royal guards.  Dangerous ghost-like shades emerge from the outer walls and menacingly float toward them all.  The adventurers begin pushing the large guardian onto nearby pressure plates, but Midna calls many rocks onto it instead and the entire center section drops them all deeper underground.  They move down a passage into a large room, where the disembodied head of Lord Malek floats.  Water drips on him from the Wellspring high above, and the impish Skarhone hangs upside down nearby.  The royal guards with them suddenly turn on Midna, but are swiftly taken out by Frostbite and Rockasaurus, who along with Malek had been trapped in this place for many years, supposedly deceased.  Four shades observe, while Malek is assisted by two specters and his new guardian, the now undead chimaera Dark Guthix.  The vigilantes begin to battle the villains, and Skarhone teleports away.  Things look bleak for the champions after many of them are hindered, some inadvertently blinded by Flashbot and some turned against their friends by Lord Malek.  Shades surround Midna and help break her free of the vampire’s control.  Terrified by Kane’s staff, Dark Guthix flees through a portal, and shortly after a battered Malek also goes through, promising to return.  Rockasaurus and Frostbite, both controlled by Malek, attempt to leave as well, but Midna prevents it with a magnetic wall.  Afterwards, her people honor Midna for her courageous deeds.  The original message summoning her home is found to have been sent by Skarhone.

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #74 - May 16th, 2019 at 1:02pm
Print Post  
On Tuesday, we played the latest issue of the Sentinels.  The villain for this one was based on one of Tim Hartin's characters, found on his website.

#20 – Low Down Mission – In northern Manitoba, trapper John Welton destroys an inukshuk (an Inuit stone statue) and is possessed by a rage spirit.  The cursed man, transformed into the large, polar bear-like Cold Rage, blacks out and goes on a rampage.  After losing contact with best friend Shumaila Miller, C.H.E.S.S. Rook Linda Casey meets ColdSnap in downtown San Francisco at Tacorgasmico.  She implores him to check on their mutual friend, currently stationed at a secret parapsychology outpost in Canada, but asks him to be discreet, not utilizing famous Sentinels or informing C.H.E.S.S.  Also at the restaurant, new allies Mindgasm and Basil race outside with ColdSnap when an alarm sounds, and the three rapidly corral eight robbers fleeing D&H Jewelers up the street.  ColdSnap enlists the pair’s aid and the three fly in a cargo plane hired by Casey to the far northern territory, where they observe a path of destruction.  They set down outside the building, and ColdSnap rescues two severely injured Knights as Cold Rage attacks!  In short order he fells ColdSnap and Basil, but is unable to harm the intangible Mindgasm.  Though not seriously harmed by his adversary’s psychic blasts, Cold Rage eventually figures out that fighting the hero is pointless and storms off.  Inside, somehow surviving, they rescue C.H.E.S.S. Rooks Miller and Arturo Avilez.

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #75 - May 19th, 2019 at 6:43pm
Print Post  
So I'm guessing we'll see Cold Rage again.

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #76 - May 21st, 2019 at 4:30pm
Print Post  
Oh yeah.  It left a bad taste in the mouth of at least one of the players, and I expect them to get a larger force and head north to tackle him again.

IP Logged

>