Normal Topic Hellfire (Read 1203 times)
John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Hellfire
Oct 14th, 2015 at 2:36pm
Print Post  
Hellfire is a very dangerous thing.  Whether or not it actually comes from the biblical hell is something better left for scholars and theologians.  What is known, that the beings that can harvest it, whether through magics or meta powers, are beings to be feared.

Hellfire: Pr=15 per blast.  As Devitalization. When hit, the victim must save d20 vs their attributes, in order: S, E, A, I, W.  If they fail, they lose the hit modifier for that stat, all power points gained by that stat, movement, and hit points.   

As you can see, this can be devastating.   And its extremely painful.   When using Hellfire, the user has to make a Humanity roll, as this is a very evil thing to do.

One recovers after a full  day's rest.   Each day the player rolls ONE save in the same order as above.  So you have to recover your strength before you can move on to E, and so on.

I have heard that there is an opposite to this called Angelfire.  So far, what it does, and even if it exists, is not known to this researcher.

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Re: Hellfire
Reply #1 - Oct 14th, 2015 at 6:17pm
Print Post  
OK. That is scary powerful.

When I first read it I thought 15pr was nothing but the loss of Humanity for a "Good" character makes up for it.

Will have to research Angel Fire.

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #2 - Nov 16th, 2015 at 2:31pm
Print Post  
That's a really cool (well, I suppose hot would be the better adjective) power, JohnCool

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #3 - Nov 17th, 2015 at 10:29am
Print Post  
I would say if they make the Will save, the player should have a choice to take damage off Power score instead of each hit mod. So maybe roll the save vs. W first and if they make it then for each of the other failed save throws the player can choose some direct amount off Power (e.g. Devitalization 1d10 off power but with dmg modifiers) instead.

Just seems uber powerful to me without some other way of mitigating the overall effect.

Anticipation of death is worse than death itself -- Steven Segal

IP Logged

Harkker
Apprentice

I Love V&V!

Reply #4 - Nov 24th, 2015 at 2:56pm
Print Post  
Yeah, plus recalculating hits is going to cut into the game. 

Dresden would approve though

IP Logged

Lord Inar
Justice Leaguer

Reply #5 - Dec 17th, 2015 at 12:34pm
Print Post  
Harkker wrote on Nov 24th, 2015 at 2:56pm:
Yeah, plus recalculating hits is going to cut into the game. 

I remember in D&D, any creature that drained levels was more feared by the players than the characters because of the amount of work involved to adjust the stats!

IP Logged

>