Poll
Poll Question: Which classic V&V adventures hold up over time? (A-D)

« Created by: polarboy on: Dec 10th, 2015 at 9:49pm »
Normal Topic Which classic V&V adventures hold up over time? (A-D) (Read 1764 times)
polarboy
Justice Leaguer

Which classic V&V adventures hold up over time? (A-D)
Dec 10th, 2015 at 9:49pm
Print Post  
You can vote for multiple adventures. I'll add another poll covering additional adventures.
« Last Edit: Dec 10th, 2015 at 10:13pm by polarboy »  

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Re: Which classic V&V adventures hold up over time? (A-D)
Reply #1 - Dec 13th, 2015 at 12:27am
Print Post  
It only allowed me to choose one, unfortunately.  Cry

IP Logged

polarboy
Justice Leaguer

Reply #2 - Dec 13th, 2015 at 9:35pm
Print Post  
Majestic wrote on Dec 13th, 2015 at 12:27am:
It only allowed me to choose one, unfortunately.  Cry

I clicked the box to allow people to vote for more than one option. I'm sorry it didn't work.

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #3 - Dec 14th, 2015 at 1:29pm
Print Post  
I think it's a website thing, as I just came across an older poll that had the same issue.

IP Logged

Ramble
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #4 - Dec 23rd, 2015 at 12:23am
Print Post  
Dawn of the Devil has a variety of aliens, a ruined chess HQ, various god-like beings, monsters, and even artifacts. That's pretty impressive, and I mine this one for ideas all the time, and for ways to interpret a high level game (rare among V&V adventures).

RAMBLE

IP Logged

Tempest
Teen Titan

I Love V&V!

Reply #5 - Dec 24th, 2015 at 12:34pm
Print Post  
Again, I'd liked to have picked multiples and avoided the appearance of favouritism, but only the one choice was allowed.  "DDWtD" still remains the go-to work as far as compelling motivations for stopping the bad guys are concerned (no "They're holding up the cigarette delivery truck at the town border!  There'll be dozens of people demanding nicorette patches down at the pharmacy!  It'll be...well, not absolute chaos, but definitely crowded at the check-out counter!"), a villain base that offers multiple opportunities for both improv devices and obstacles, and villains that encompassed a wide range of powers, characterizations and fighting styles.  Mr. Willingham is to be congratulated on his crafting a work that has withstood the passage of a generation and is still as compelling as ever.

That stated, any number of the stories given on the above list could fit the same criteria.  Looking forward to more chances to give praise to all these works.

IP Logged

Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #6 - Jul 5th, 2020 at 7:34pm
Print Post  
I can't think of a single adventure that can't be re-imagined in 2020.  Even the "apologetic" adventure "Pre-Emptive Strike" can be updated to modern times (surely there's SOME "doomsday weapon" that has a single, top-secret location that gets "whoopsied!")

<REALITY CHECK>
In fact, when the aliens land FOR REAL I still don't see any depreciation in value for any of the adventures.  I see updates in extra-terrestrial lifeforms presented in each of the adventures and probably tech updates in star travel...  But I still see the same, ol' adventures chugging along!  Lol!  Disclaimer: There are NO SUCH THINGS as "aliens."  But that's NOT going to stop them!?!?!?!
</REALITY CHECK>

IP Logged

>