Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Unlimited (Read 2115 times)
Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Unlimited
Jan 10th, 2016 at 12:45pm
Print Post  
Unlimited

Identity: Josef Enqvist, PhD                       Level: 1 (+1 -1)
Side: Villain                                             Sex: Male
Age:  45                                                  Training: TBD
Experience: 0                                          Occupation: Was lead CERN Scientist, Geneva Switzerland
Powers:                                                    Clearance: N/A

1.      Mutant Power - Polymath: Learns anything instantaneously - if difficult (e.g in battle, or incredibly complex in general)  then with use of inventing points
2.      Adaptation - 2 slots (double adaptation)
3.      Absorption: On successful defense, half calculated damage taken and half stored. Stored points can be used towards enhancing attacks or instant healing. Cannot replenish power.
4.      Undifferentiated body
5.      Perfect being: all stats start at a baseline of 20*
6.      Powerblast

Weakness: Dependency on "god particle" once a week: Near it (distance TBD by GM), it gets absorbed automatically and instantaneously.  For each day beyond a week, d100 save vs intelligence + will – if fail, randomly lose one knowledge area which needs to be relearned (with use of inventing point).

Weight: TBD             Basic Hits: TBD        Agility Mod:
Strength: 20*                                         Intelligence: 20*
Endurance: 20*                                      Agility: 20*
Charisma: 20*                                        Will: 20*
Hit Mods: (  )x( )x( )x( )x( )=                  Hits:
Healing:                                                 Power:
Inventing:                                              Movement:
Carrying:                                               HTH:
Damage Mod:                                        Accuracy:

Det. Hidden:                                          Det. Danger:
Height:  6’0
Humanity TBD                                        Wealth: TBD
Meta Score

Knowledge areas to start, based on background: magnetic propulsion/repulsion, electromagnetic engineering, quantum physics, mechanical engineering/physics, swimming, tumbling, dodge (-2).

Stuff
Black site (heavily technically secured home)
God Particle device
Penis enlarger - Swiss made with my name on it

Footnote: * Oni's idea to also have Perfect Being power, but might not keep this if I cannot tweak them based on character roll up and bonus points - will have to figure that out. If I cannot tweak stat scores, might add Heightened Intelligence in order to match up with Character background/powers/weakness (needs knowledge areas or inventing points otherwise he's in a lot of trouble)

Backstory to follow next.

Anticipation of death is worse than death itself -- Steven Segal

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Re: Unlimited
Reply #1 - Jan 10th, 2016 at 12:51pm
Print Post  
Cool guy, but I don't see the benefit of two adaptions.  You could make it one power point for two hours of defense, but is that really worth a power slot?

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #2 - Jan 10th, 2016 at 12:54pm
Print Post  
Backstory: I worked on the LHC (large hadron collider) in Geneva, Switzerland for several years.  The day the "god particle" was discovered, there were reports of a "worm hole" looking event in the sky over the collider.  Unbeknownst to the general public, an alien "energy" visited with a small group of us, taking over our computer systems from which they were able to communicate. They explained that the particle, once contained, can be used in many different ways, but we were way off (hundreds of years away) from discovering how to channel this energy. To prove their point, they explained how only the worthy will survive a "test" and whoever survives will able to channel this energy in some way.  With that, a bright, energetic light (you could "feel" it) filled the room.  When I awoke, there were 5 dead scientists next to me and a small team of our armed guards pointing their guns at me.  Apparently there was amateur public video taken of a vortex with the alien ship going through it after this event. You can see that here:

As luck would have it, I survived this “test” and based on the security videos they were showing me, my body (while unconscious) was going through multiple transformations.  My body puddled up at one point, then reformed, then the body temperature went down to 33 degrees F, then back up to 150 degrees, then a magnetic field formed around the body, followed by gills and webbed appendages….you name it, it happened. After it was over, my body returned to "normal" appearance and I regained consciousness. The other scientists went through similar transformations, but each different. None of them survived.

I can understand they were freaked out, but what they did to me after that, the experimentation, threats, being treated like a terrorist, made me realize I needed to get out of there.

After a week of being locked up and my family wondering what has happened to me, the symptoms seemed to have subsided.  I started to wonder if it was all over until that day, the day my life as I knew it ended and I became a changed man.  An armed team dragged me back to the LHC, demanding I recreate the phenomenon.  I am an expert in generating “god particles” now, but not the alien visit.  After generating the particle we waited, and waited, and nothing, no visits. The government grew angry demanding I open the wormhole, to which I couldn’t. They then showed me three different video feeds, one of my wife, two others with my teenage children.  In each room an armed guard appeared and put a gun up to the back of each one’s head.  The Sargent told me “you have three more tries, you want to get it right on the first one.”  Long story short, no alien visit and three dead family members. I exploded in rage and as I focused on each one of the armed men, “blasts” exuded from my body knocking each one down, one by one. I realized they were shooting guns at me, but I didn’t care, I was so enraged, but I also didn’t care because it seemed the bullets were being repelled somehow.  With the repelling came pain, a lot of it, but also more power. It was hard to explain but as the battle went on, the shooters were getting more and more damaged by me. The first ones simply falling down stunned, the latter ones being ripped to pieces.

Once the dust settled I was able to escape by jumping into the lake surrounding the facility.  Even though I was able to swim, something even stranger happened. I grew gills and webbed feet and was able to breathe under water and swim for an eternity.

That was a year ago. I am now settled in a small town (maybe somewhere near John’s character) looking for work.  The work I do now is not exactly humane and something to be proud of, as from this point forward it’s all about me.  Surviving, getting back at the government (or whoever that was who had my family executed) whenever I can, and trying to re-contact the aliens for more answers.  I have learned more about my powers to a point of mastery now, but I realize that every so often I have to come in contact with the “god particle” to keep my powers going, or I need to re-learn some of them. Learning things come very easy to me now, even ridiculously complex things. I seem to learn them on the fly, making me feel like my brain has no limits.

The good news is, there are plenty of facilities around the world now that can generate the particles, and it’s not just the LHC’s. The better news is, I created a device that stores the particles, but the device is too big to keep with me, so I have it at my “black site”.     I have to go there, or these other locations about once a week to keep my powers going.  The only power that seems to stick however, is this powerful energy blast, but it’s just not as powerful as when I have the god particles absorbed. (see weakness in prior post for more info on the weakness)

Explanation of powers as they work together:

In normal situations, just power blast, polymath, normal adaptation (like surviving being under water or in space).

Using polymath, adaptation, and absorption together in battle: depending on the type of attack, if a knowledge area is known, based on the type of attack, the body adapts automatically to defend from the attack (for example, with electromagnetic knowledge area, when being shot at, bullets are magnetically repelled as the body morphs to align its cellular magnetic energy on the attacks). For attacks that are successfully defended against (not pure misses) there is a 50% split of the damage that would have been taken. Half counts as damage and the other half can be absorbed and used to enhance power blast attack, or rebuild hit points via undifferentiated body regeneration.  Cannot replenish power points. Absorption percentage can be trained at 5% per level (or TBD by GM)

If a knowledge area is not known (e.g. body starts to get hit with a disintegration ray) Polymath would kick in to learn the type of damage and utilize adaptation/absorption to repel/absorb.  This becomes a problem when knowledge areas are lost due to the weakness or if he is out of inventing points.

In cases where there are no more inventing points, meaning no way to polymath a defense, just normal adaptation and undiff body applies as a defense and nothing can be absorbed at all.

Knowledge areas to start, based on background: magnetic propulsion, electromagnetic engineering, quantum physics, mechanical engineering/physics, swimming, tumbling, dodge (-2).

Current knowledge areas assist by giving the following instantaneous defenses: magnetic defense, lightning defense, and defense against HTH

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #3 - Jan 10th, 2016 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
Adaption would protect you from most energy/chemical type attacks plus the effects of environment.

Switch one adaption for willpower to give you a good protection from physical/mental attacks.

This will really trick this guy out to munchkin proportions.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #4 - Jan 10th, 2016 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
Oh this is for Jimmy's game?   Oh do what ever you fucking want.  I don't give a shit.    The  Heavy Hitter rules.

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #5 - Jan 10th, 2016 at 12:58pm
Print Post  

Regarding Adaption.  Yeah you could do that, it would save you some power but I figured how often does that happen, as opposed to just spending an extra power or two once in a while would be a waste of a power slot.  But its still useful.

But its up to Jimmy,  and nothing you do matters, since the Heavy Hitter is the strongest there is and he is the greatest superhero in the world, he saved the world...
« Last Edit: Jan 10th, 2016 at 1:04pm by John »  

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #6 - Jan 10th, 2016 at 1:00pm
Print Post  
Yeah villain for Jimmy's game to play alongside the heavy hitter.

Read what I just responded with and let me know. I can drop one and take will power. I just didn't want to make this guy too powerful. Willpower rocks.

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #7 - Jan 10th, 2016 at 1:04pm
Print Post  
Jimmy PM'd me and I see the point on Adaptation as it would protect from a lot of things as is.

I can go two ways with it, I stick to the story and keep adaptation but it's a nerfed form of it (e.g. have to know how to adapt based on knowledge etc.) Or its one slot adaptation and the special ability assists with things adaptation doesn't normally defend against.

We can figure it out when we meet up next.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #8 - Jan 10th, 2016 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
I just got off the phone with Wade Higgens.  He said, and I quote, " This science nerd will not make a good wingman."

I hope he knows how to play Texas Hold 'em.

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #9 - Jan 13th, 2016 at 7:14pm
Print Post  
Paul,

You should take the Heightened Intelligence and also the Skill : Gambling.

Trust me, it will work out fine watching Wade Higgins freak out after losing at Cards.

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #10 - Jan 14th, 2016 at 9:00am
Print Post  
LOL ok that's fine.

IP Logged

Razor_Fangs
Apprentice

I Love V&V!

Reply #11 - Jan 15th, 2016 at 1:28am
Print Post  
I like this perfect being power! :3

And i stand too with the decision of changing one adaptation, make him stronger and let your party suffer MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

By the way i must compliment you about the backstory, i too was fascinated about the god particle, and was thinking of creating a character related.

Since the media took over more and more aggressively the american lifestyle, people started to forget about us and our deeds, until we became legends, pure fantasy in their collective imagination...

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #12 - Jan 15th, 2016 at 12:43pm
Print Post  
Thanks!

IP Logged

>