Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Black Widow movie (Read 1940 times)
Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Black Widow movie
May 7th, 2016 at 1:08am
Print Post  
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/kevin-feige-says-marvel-committing-bla...

KEVIN FEIGE SAYS MARVEL IS "COMMITTING" TO BLACK WIDOW SOLO FILM

For years, Marvel fans have rallied around Black Widow and called for Scarlett Johansson's Avenger to get a solo movie like many of her teammates. "Captain America: Civil War" directors Joe and Anthony Russo have expressed interest in directing a solo Black Widow film, and actors Clark Gregg and Robert Downey Jr. are among those wondering why the super spy hasn't gotten her own film yet. Johansson's brought up the idea of a solo film before, as well. Even a poll conducted earlier this week by Fandango and USA Today shows that Black Widow is still the number one Avenger that fans want to see go solo. While Marvel has not officially announced "Black Widow," Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige had some new comments on the matter in a Q&A session with Deadline

When asked which character -- with Falcon, War Machine, Black Widow and Hawkeye being named -- was destined for a solo film, Feige mentioned Black Widow. "We’ve announced the next nine movies, ten counting 'Civil War,' through the end of 2019," said Feige. "Where we go beyond that are ongoing discussions that we’ll focus on in the next few years because we have a lot to do before then. Of the characters that you’ve just mentioned I would say certainly the one creatively and emotionally that we are most committing to doing is Black Widow."

Feige elaborated on his choice, saying, "We think she’s an amazing character. We think Scarlett Johansson’s portrayal of her is amazing. She’s a lead Avenger and has amazing stories in her own right to tell that we think would be fun to turn into a standalone franchise."

Scarlett Johansson debuted as Black Widow in 2010's "Iron Man 2" and followed that up with 2012's "Marvel's the Avengers." She partnered up with Captain America for 2014's "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" and returned for 2015's "Avengers: Age of Ultron." "Captain America: Civil War" marks Johansson's fifth appearance as Black Widow. It's not yet known where the character will appear next.

IP Logged

Gerry
Justice Leaguer

Graak kill Blue Skins! />

Re: Black Widow movie
Reply #1 - May 7th, 2016 at 2:44am
Print Post  
I think the Russos would make a killer Black Widow movie. And I hope if/when they do, Hawkeye is part of it....

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #2 - May 7th, 2016 at 11:34am
Print Post  
If they're going to make one, I could easily see Hawkeye and Nick Fury being in the film. I'd also like to see them introduce Mockingbird.

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

Gerry
Justice Leaguer

Reply #3 - May 7th, 2016 at 3:53pm
Print Post  
Mockingbird has been part of the Shield tv show, and if it gets picked up, one of the leads in Marvels Most Wanted

IP Logged

Shadow-Dragon15
Sidekick

Reply #4 - May 7th, 2016 at 4:36pm
Print Post  
I've wanted to see a Black Widow movie for years and am glad that it looks to be at least a possibility at this point. There's tons that could be done with the character, including her history with Hawkeye, her relationship with Daredevil (in the comics, could be introduced in a movie since DD has his own netflix show), her work with SHIELD, etc.

She has been great in every movie she's appear in thus far and has gotten better over time.

Shadowdragon

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #5 - May 8th, 2016 at 6:24am
Print Post  
Yeah, this is great news, as Black Widow has been an awesome character.

dsumner, if you've been missing Agents of SHIELD, it's turned into a really good show!  And now they're doing a spin-off show from it, taking two of the main characters (Mockingbird/Bobbi Morse and her husband).  I know it's crazy to say, but the actress who plays the MCU Mockingbird (Adrianne Palicki, who once filmed a pilot for Wonder Woman) is even hotter than ScarJo!)

IP Logged

Klystron
Ex Member

Reply #6 - May 8th, 2016 at 7:32am
Print Post  
Majestic wrote on May 8th, 2016 at 6:24am:
I know it's crazy to say, but the actress who plays the MCU Mockingbird (Adrianne Palicki, who once filmed a pilot for Wonder Woman) is even hotter than ScarJo!)

Mmmmmmm, very close but I'm not sure about that.....

However, it appears the pilot for the series was ordered.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/adrianne-palicki-nick-blood-star-8166...

Here's hoping......

IP Logged

Shadow-Dragon15
Sidekick

Reply #7 - May 8th, 2016 at 9:00am
Print Post  
Majestic wrote on May 8th, 2016 at 6:24am:
Yeah, this is great news, as Black Widow has been an awesome character.

dsumner, if you've been missing Agents of SHIELD, it's turned into a really good show!

I watched the first several episodes of SHIELD but it never really caught my interest (despite Ming Na Wen). I'll have to give it another look. I know they've introduced the Inhumans and Mockingbird. I just hope that because of their presence on the show the Inhumans movie isn't permanently shelved (the movie was recently removed from a release date announcement, from what I gather).

Quote:
And now they're doing a spin-off show from it, taking two of the main characters (Mockingbird/Bobbi Morse and her husband).  I know it's crazy to say, but the actress who plays the MCU Mockingbird (Adrianne Palicki, who once filmed a pilot for Wonder Woman) is even hotter than ScarJo!)

Marvel has been going crazy recently with small screen releases. Cloak and Dagger are getting their own show, too, which is set for ABC Family/Freeform. I enjoyed their comic back in the 80s so I may have to actually see if our cable package includes Freeform (I barely watch TV apart from Netflix anymore).

Shadowdragon

IP Logged

Gerry
Justice Leaguer

Reply #8 - May 8th, 2016 at 4:37pm
Print Post  
Shadowdragon,

Shield really took off when the show fed into Winter Soldier. Those episodes really injected something into the show it really needed.

IP Logged

Gerry
Justice Leaguer

Reply #9 - May 8th, 2016 at 4:42pm
Print Post  
Also, the Inhumans movie being pulled is due to backstage stuff. Keven Feige isn't a fan of them, and his former partner (who now heads the tv department) is, which is why they are on SHIELD so much. I think Feige is being a twat, as the Inhumans could replace the X-Men in the MCU if handled properly, but hey, it's taken him 7 years to decided Black Widow deserved a movie, when the fans knew that since Iron Man 2

IP Logged

polarboy
Justice Leaguer

Reply #10 - May 8th, 2016 at 6:31pm
Print Post  
SNL sketch from last year ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_5KgpN38hM

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #11 - May 9th, 2016 at 3:40am
Print Post  
Gerry wrote on May 8th, 2016 at 4:37pm:
Shadowdragon,

Shield really took off when the show fed into Winter Soldier. Those episodes really injected something into the show it really needed.

I really couldn't agree more, and was going to post the same thing.  I started out watching with most of my kids, and one-by-one they all peeled off, and I almost dropped the show myself.  The first year plus was often pretty boring, and I hardly cared about any of the characters.  But it picked up in intensity and the quality of the writing dramatically improved.  And now they have the occasional supervillain or other cool things like that (the last ep had a couple of blue-skinned badass Kree wielding massive axe-like weapons!)  Cool

I just watched that Black Widow SNL skit and thought it was hilarious!  Grin

IP Logged

>