Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) I may start publishing material for V&V (Read 5789 times)
dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

I may start publishing material for V&V
Aug 22nd, 2016 at 11:24am
Print Post  
I'm tossing this out there to gauge interest. I'm considering publishing material to support Revised V&V and I'd really like to know how much interest there is. As of right now I'm looking at releasing a few one off villains, and depending on sales then possibly moving into a mini-adventure or sourcebook.

If there's enough interest, the mini-adventures and sourcebook will eventually be available as POD products through either Lulu or One Bookshelf. But, before I jump in, I want to hear what you guys are looking for.
« Last Edit: Mar 11th, 2017 at 12:46pm by dsumner »  

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Re: I may start publishing material for V&V
Reply #1 - Aug 22nd, 2016 at 11:43am
Print Post  
I am interested. And if you are looking for characters to submit, I am also willing. Also Alabaster was asking about using my house rules. Is that still on the table?

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

Ramble
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #2 - Aug 22nd, 2016 at 12:22pm
Print Post  
You can expect my first stand-alone villain before the end of the month.

You can also expect a formal pitch on that group I mentioned before September as well. I expect you'll have your own look/feel to it, but that's easy to adapt to once you've settled on what you're looking for.

RAMBLE

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #3 - Aug 22nd, 2016 at 3:00pm
Print Post  
You guys can PM me, and let you in on the specific details of what I'm looking for.

As of right now I'll be releasing a few one off villains. Each will be a full color PDF priced at 99 cents. I want to see how they sell. If they do decent, I'll lok at larger releases, say sourcebooks and mini-adventures priced from $2.00-4.99 each. Once I've got enough material together, I'll look at putting out a POD version from either Lulu or One Bookshelf.

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #4 - Aug 27th, 2016 at 2:19am
Print Post  
Good news, I've received permission from Scott Bizar for New Millennium Games to publish material for V&V. If things go according to plan, you should be seeing our first V&V release late next month.  Smiley I'll keep you all updated as thing get closer to publication.

YIM  
IP Logged

Ramble
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #5 - Aug 27th, 2016 at 3:18pm
Print Post  
That's great news, Dom.

You can expect my stuff soon.

RAMBLE

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #6 - Aug 28th, 2016 at 2:12am
Print Post  
Ramble wrote on Aug 27th, 2016 at 3:18pm:
That's great news, Dom.

You can expect my stuff soon.

RAMBLE

Thanks, I'll be on the look out for it. No rush getting them to me, take your time. At the moment I'm playing around with a template for what the character layout will look like. I have to get with Walt Robillard to work up a cover template incorporating logos, and what not as well, so that's going to take up a bit of time. Once you get them out, I'll work them into the release schedule.

YIM  
IP Logged

dan2448
Teen Titan

Reply #7 - Aug 29th, 2016 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
Personally, my interest would be highest in sourcebooks (as opposed to villain collections or adventures), and especially if they might be available in print, via Lulu or DriveThruRPG or otherwise.

One such sourcebook that I think would be a natural fit for V&V would be a Bronze Age sourcebook. Several other super hero RPGs have published sourcebooks for the Gold and Silver ages.  And while the Silver Age sourcebook for M&M had some great Bronze Age content, I don't think that I've ever seen a pure Bronze Age sourcebook.  I'd be an immediate buyer for that.

I've also been a periodic buyer in the past of sourcebooks for other super hero RPGs by small companies that detail 'generic'/slightly different versions of 'famous' comic book institutions/worlds/titles, like, say, the Green Lantern Corps.  I'd be a likely buyer for more such sourcebooks for V&V, especially if they covered Bronze Age titles that are less prominent/obscure now than they were then.  As just one example, I'd be a definite buyer for a sourcebook wthat was sort of a modern version of the "Lone Wolves" supplement for Marvel FASERIP, covering lower powered, 'street level' heroes operating in the grimier, darker streets of NYC in the early 1980s/late 1970s.

And of course, if anyone could secure the rights to publish an "Elementals" sourcebook, especially one  based on whatever work product on that was started at FGU in the mid-1980s, well, you'd have my money in your hands before you had time to ask for it.
« Last Edit: Aug 29th, 2016 at 1:08pm by dan2448 »  

IP Logged

Ramble
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #8 - Aug 29th, 2016 at 8:11pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the feedback, Dan.

RAMBLE

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #9 - Sep 2nd, 2016 at 1:18am
Print Post  
Well my first few character write-ups are completed, and are awaiting editing, courtesy of Doug Taylor, artwork on 1/2 dozen of them is also completed, thanks to the ever talented Joe Singleton, and I'm busy playing around with a template to use for the layout. Once I've settled on it, I'll be shipping everything off to Walt Robillard, and he'll do his thing. If everything goes as planned, you should see NMG's first V&V release late in the month.

Once it hits, I'd really like to hear some feedback from the people who buy it, as I want to produce material that you guys want to buy. The plan is for a few one off characters, followed by a villain group, and then some sort of sourcebook detailing some of the organizations  that inhabit my version of the V&V universe. The working title for the sourcebook is Hostile Intent.

And at some pint next year, I want to take a crack at producing some adventures. Namely something set in what I'm calling the Lost Lands and anther one on Anti-Earth. If there's enough interest in the two adventures, I'll look at releasing them as POD products through Lulu or One bookshelf. I'll continue to update the thread as products get closer to publication.

« Last Edit: Mar 11th, 2017 at 12:46pm by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

Ramble
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #10 - Sep 2nd, 2016 at 8:18pm
Print Post  
That's bold - I like it!
Cheesy

RAMBLE

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #11 - Oct 21st, 2016 at 1:50pm
Print Post  
The first character has officially been sent off to Doug Taylor, with two more waiting in the wings. Once I get him back, he'll be off for layout. If everything works out the way I hope, you should be looking at the first Hostile Intent release the 1st week of November.  Smiley

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #12 - Nov 14th, 2016 at 11:38pm
Print Post  
With our first release out the door, and six more awaiting layout, I've got a question. What type of material are you interested in seeing. Source books, adventures, villains (or NPC heroes for that matter), alternate rules? Let us know.

YIM  
IP Logged

merteuil
Teen Titan

Reply #13 - Nov 18th, 2016 at 1:15pm
Print Post  
I'm not really interested in villains per say but more in villain groups history (because they don't only fight the vigilantes but sometimes each other too). who fight who and what for? was it a techno group Vs a Magicians ones etc..
who con who ? Who steal and what to who
just to add color in the local background of the area

and also some  base : villain's /bank/ headquarters of any (non)governmental organization

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #14 - Nov 20th, 2016 at 10:56am
Print Post  
merteuil wrote on Nov 18th, 2016 at 1:15pm:
I'm not really interested in villains per say but more in villain groups history (because they don't only fight the vigilantes but sometimes each other too). who fight who and what for? was it a techno group Vs a Magicians ones etc..
who con who ? Who steal and what to who
just to add color in the local background of the area

and also some  base : villain's /bank/ headquarters of any (non)governmental organization

You'll be seeing some villain hero organizations at some point next year, as well as a couple of villain groups (the first one should be the Brotherhood of Power). I'm also looking at producing some POD products through One Bookshelf.

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #15 - Nov 24th, 2016 at 10:41am
Print Post  
Okay gents, I've gotten two more characters back from editing, and I've begun work on my first villain group, the Brotherhood of Power. The BoP will be a fairly large release. In addition to the villains, I'll be including some lot seeds, namely ways for GMs to introduce them into their campaigns, and a mini-adventure. I'll keep you updated as it I get closer to completing it.

YIM  
IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

"Justice Like Lightning!"

Reply #16 - Nov 26th, 2016 at 9:32am
Print Post  
Hey Dom... I know THIS is a tall order... one your likely to say is just too big for the time and research it would take... but heres what I'D like to see.

A comprehensive and inclusive Villains & Vigilantes - Universe Sourcebook... referencing the original and some of the new villains and heroes and putting them if not stat-wise in the book but organizing them into a true Setting!

... I know.. ask for 'world peace' while I'm at it huh?  But yeah... THAT is what I'd like to see!
« Last Edit: Nov 26th, 2016 at 9:33am by Thunderbolt »  

"...No amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."
GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #17 - Nov 26th, 2016 at 6:54pm
Print Post  
Thunderbolt wrote on Nov 26th, 2016 at 9:32am:
Hey Dom... I know THIS is a tall order... one your likely to say is just too big for the time and research it would take... but heres what I'D like to see.

A comprehensive and inclusive Villains & Vigilantes - Universe Sourcebook... referencing the original and some of the new villains and heroes and putting them if not stat-wise in the book but organizing them into a true Setting!

... I know.. ask for 'world peace' while I'm at it huh?  But yeah... THAT is what I'd like to see!

Well there are a few reasons that's not going to happen. The characters that have appeared in the various V&V releases are all owned by the individual creators. Many of them are own by Jeff Dee and/or Jack Herman, and they're not going to allow them to be used by FGU, much less a 3rd party publisher.

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #18 - Nov 27th, 2016 at 11:26am
Print Post  
Our next release, Der Jager should be hitting Wednesday, so be on the lookout for him.

YIM  
IP Logged

Ramble
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #19 - Nov 28th, 2016 at 2:06am
Print Post  
dsumner wrote on Nov 26th, 2016 at 6:54pm:

Well there are a few reasons that's not going to happen. The characters that have appeared in the various V&V releases are all owned by the individual creators. Many of them are own by Jeff Dee and/or Jack Herman, and they're not going to allow them to be used by FGU, much less a 3rd party publisher.

Wait a minute...

What if the request was changed to a Universe book for NMG? That's something Dom could Greenlight... and it's something that we need.

After all... even if we're basing content on V&V 2nd Edition rules, we'll never see CHESS or Intercrime in anything that NMG produces, right? Homer Grimsby? May as well give him a walker and some Depends because he doesn't exist in NMG.

So, Dom... what do you think?

And Thunderbolt... what do you want to see in a universe book anyway?

RAMBLE

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #20 - Nov 28th, 2016 at 3:58am
Print Post  
Ramble wrote on Nov 28th, 2016 at 2:06am:
dsumner wrote on Nov 26th, 2016 at 6:54pm:

Wait a minute...

What if the request was changed to a Universe book for NMG? That's something Dom could Greenlight... and it's something that we need.

After all... even if we're basing content on V&V 2nd Edition rules, we'll never see CHESS or Intercrime in anything that NMG produces, right? Homer Grimsby? May as well give him a walker and some Depends because he doesn't exist in NMG.

So, Dom... what do you think?

And Thunderbolt... what do you want to see in a universe book anyway?

RAMBLE

If things go as planned, you'll see several source books detailing places, people, and organizations in the NMG universe. The first one should detail some of the companies characters may run across (Harding Industries, Rexler Energy, Avery Aerospace, Drake Communications, etc.). So of them will be helpful, others not so much. After that, you'll see a few organizations (like Pentagram)

And depending on how much interest there is, you may see one proving information on places Bratlava.

YIM  
IP Logged

Thunderbolt
Justice Leaguer

"Justice Like Lightning!"

Reply #21 - Nov 28th, 2016 at 1:32pm
Print Post  
NMG?  I've clearly missed something in translation...

"...No amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack not fission bombs, not anything - you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."
GTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #22 - Nov 28th, 2016 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
New Millennium Games, Dom's superhero campaign setting.

IP Logged

Ramble
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #23 - Nov 29th, 2016 at 2:12am
Print Post  
NMG - New Millennium Games / Dom is publishing.
FGU - Fantasy Games Unlimited / Scott B. is publishing.
MHG - Monkey House Games / JD & JH publishing.

I'm thinking the only way T-bolt gets his "V&V universe" is if multiple publishers publish books for their respective Universes. That way the fans can have their Multiverse that covers everything... although some things will probably still fall through the cracks.

RAMBLE

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #24 - Nov 29th, 2016 at 5:23pm
Print Post  
Ramble wrote on Nov 29th, 2016 at 2:12am:
NMG - New Millennium Games / Dom is publishing.
FGU - Fantasy Games Unlimited / Scott B. is publishing.
MHG - Monkey House Games / JD & JH publishing.

I'm thinking the only way T-bolt gets his "V&V universe" is if multiple publishers publish books for their respective Universes. That way the fans can have their Multiverse that covers everything... although some things will probably still fall through the cracks.

RAMBLE

Personally, I cherry pick what elements of a particular setting I like. At one time I had  weird mix of stuff from V&V, Champions, M&M, 3rd party, and my own characters. But it worked for me.

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #25 - Nov 29th, 2016 at 5:27pm
Print Post  
A quick update. Hostile Intent Vol. 2 - Der Jager, may be delayed a day or two, as James Bishop is going to be doing a cover for him. But, once that's done, we should be on a weekly release schedule for the next few months.

For those of you who have, or plan to, picked these up, we'd really like to hear what you think of them. Take a minute or two and post a quick review on one bookshelf, or leave a comment on our Facebook page. We'd really appreciate it.

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #26 - Dec 7th, 2016 at 2:15pm
Print Post  
Preview art for the next V&V release.

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #27 - Mar 1st, 2017 at 10:48pm
Print Post  
Just a quick note, New Millennium Games next V&V release, Bloodhawk, is in the final stages of layout, so be on the look out for it within the next few days.

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #28 - Mar 6th, 2017 at 8:27am
Print Post  
Hostile Intent: Bloodhawk

Sometimes you need to make a statement. When you want your enemies to know they have gone too far, you can hire Bloodhawk. A cybernetically enhanced mercenary, Bloodhawk specializes in brutally eleminating his targets. It doesn't matter if the targets are wearing a cape and mask, or fatigues, if the money is right, Bloodhawk will take your targets down!

Written by Dominique Sumner, with full color art by Joe Singleton, and layout by Walt Robillard. Each volume of Hostile Intent presents an extensively detailed character, or villainous organization, that can be seamlessly integrated into your Villains and Vigilantes roleplaying game; from a one-shot adventure to an ongoing campaign. From New Millennium Games - Published by HAZARD Studios.

http://www.rpgnow.com/product/206738/Hostile-Intent-Bloodhawk

YIM  
IP Logged

AlabasterKnight
Justice Leaguer

Heroing since 1979.

Reply #29 - Sep 2nd, 2017 at 5:43pm
Print Post  
John wrote on Aug 22nd, 2016 at 11:43am:
I am interested. And if you are looking for characters to submit, I am also willing. Also Alabaster was asking about using my house rules. Is that still on the table?

Hi John,
Since I had asked that question, the scope of what to do from FGU's perspective had changed. So, I'm not going to use your stuff, not because it isn't cool for 2E, but because FGU has to basically come up with a new edition to replace Revised.

Sorry I have been away; was setting myself up for new failures and the opportunity to retool Tongue

If it's not fun, we're not doing it right.

IP Logged

>