Normal Topic Good Zodiac (Read 840 times)
polarboy
Justice Leaguer

Good Zodiac
Oct 25th, 2016 at 2:53am
Print Post  
If V&V had a good version of the Zodiac, here are some thoughts about which published heroes might represent each sign, based on a combination of their powers and origins.

Strong Choices
Pisces (fish) = Manta-Man
Virgo (virgin) = Evergreen

Possibilities
Aquarius (water-bearer) = Blizzard
Libra (balance) = Dreamweaver
« Last Edit: Oct 25th, 2016 at 9:12am by polarboy »  

IP Logged

polarboy
Justice Leaguer

Re: Good Zodiac
Reply #1 - Oct 26th, 2016 at 12:40am
Print Post  
More Possibilities

Gemini = Alexander Tissaveerasinghe (explorer with astral projection from Pre-Emptive Strike)

Libra = The Meganaut (intelligent robot from Devil's Domain)

Virgo = Serena (pacifist shapeshifter from Great Iridium Con)

Scorpio = Lightning-Fist from V&V revised rulebook
« Last Edit: Oct 26th, 2016 at 12:45am by polarboy »  

IP Logged

polarboy
Justice Leaguer

Reply #2 - Oct 26th, 2016 at 12:55am
Print Post  
More Possibilities from Vigilantes International

Sagittarius = Harrier

Cancer = Commander Boreal

Gemini = Comrade

Taurus = Masked Matador

Virgo = Diana

IP Logged

Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #3 - Jul 22nd, 2020 at 10:38pm
Print Post  
Wow!  Manta-Man is a good choice!  Funny, I wouldn't have considered it even though in retrospect it's obvious!

Heh...  Er...  Evergreen isn't quite so "virginal" to me...  She has more of a "natural" thing (or something...?)  For instance, she won't commit to Johnny but she'll still sleep with him.  Kinda like a reverse Batman/Catwoman thing, except that it's not so catty.

I've always thought of Lightning-Fist as a level-headed and "normal" guy.  Maybe a little like Flash Thompson without the "jerk" but with all of the "war hero" kinda thing (even though he's not a war hero in my mythos.)  Does this interpretation still fit Scorpio?

I don't even recognize half the list!  Heh!

Is Zodiac usually composed of good guys?  I've always thought of them as bad guys or a mixture of good and evil.  Swordquest brainwashed me!   Shocked

IP Logged

polarboy
Justice Leaguer

Reply #4 - Jul 23rd, 2020 at 6:38pm
Print Post  
Display Name wrote on Jul 22nd, 2020 at 10:38pm:
Heh...  Er...  Evergreen isn't quite so "virginal" to me...  She has more of a "natural" thing (or something...?)  For instance, she won't commit to Johnny but she'll still sleep with him.  Kinda like a reverse Batman/Catwoman thing, except that it's not so catty.

They're sleeping together? I must have missed something in Crisis at Crusader Citadel.

IP Logged

Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #5 - Jul 23rd, 2020 at 10:05pm
Print Post  
polarboy wrote on Jul 23rd, 2020 at 6:38pm:
Display Name wrote on Jul 22nd, 2020 at 10:38pm:

They're sleeping together? I must have missed something in Crisis at Crusader Citadel.

It's just my interpretation of them.  It seems to give them more "depth" if they're deeply involved and on opposite sides of the law.  And Evergreen isn't entirely human, so she might be a bit liberated sexually.  However, I'm not suggesting that she would sleep around freely because this doesn't fit my interpretation of her.  And anyway Temper made a possible reference to it in the comic (not that he would know, but the artist who drew him did.)

Edit: Johnny Shakura is a complete idiot.  Hanging out with complete losers when you could be dating the hottest chick in Indiana?  Oh, and not a single, male Crusader would ever accept his "conversion."   Laserfire would have penis envy, Enforcer is just a d*ck, and Manta Man is pragmatic.

Oh, no!  Edit, edit!  Dreamweaver's response is pretty easy.  Simply refer to issue #1 when the subject of the new recruits came up in their team meeting.  "Oh great!  Let's hire them!" was her enthusiastic response even BEFORE the interview!?  So here's my projection of her response to Johnny's conversion: "That's WONDERFUL!  Oh, Evergreen, I'm *so* happy for you!"  Or something like that!  Lol!

Darn it!  I forgot the forgettable Blizzard!  He's just glad to be in the Crusaders and living the dream.  So OF COURSE he goes along with anything Manta Man says (and Enforcer when Manta Man's not present, although he'll follow Evergreen's command, too.)  However, Shocker's honor will unequivocably "cut through the b.s." when he seriously needs Blizzard's help.

Ok, I'll try to stop editing, now!  My final analysis is that Johnny Shakura is UNinteresting as a Crusher.  He only becomes interesting when he converts to vigilante and is possibly forced to move to another city in Indiana to pursue his vigilante career with Evergreen.

Edit, edit, edit, edit, edit!?  Evansville sounds like a reasonable destination for Shocker and Evergreen to pursue their vigilante careers (Fort Wayne is a bit too much for a converting villain.)
« Last Edit: Jul 27th, 2020 at 10:47pm by Display Name »  

IP Logged

polarboy
Justice Leaguer

Reply #6 - Sep 17th, 2020 at 3:39am
Print Post  
Display Name wrote on Jul 23rd, 2020 at 10:05pm:
It's just my interpretation of them.  It seems to give them more "depth" if they're deeply involved and on opposite sides of the law.  And Evergreen isn't entirely human, so she might be a bit liberated sexually.

Evergreen's regeneration and plant powers are why I equate her with the sign of Virgo.

IP Logged

>