Normal Topic The Oliver 13 (Read 969 times)
John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

The Oliver 13
Jan 23rd, 2017 at 12:31am
Print Post  

In the 1890s Canadian minister, Rev Thomas Oliver invented the Oliver Typewriter.  He was a prolific preacher and wanted a quick and legible way to record his homilies.   He invented what became known as the “Iron Butterfly”.  This type of typewriter became the most well-known, and most used typewriter until the 1940s when technology phased out this larger machine with smaller, lighter models.

With the success of the machine, Oliver began selling his typewriters door to door.  During the Boer War in 1900 the British needed a sturdy machine to send messages, and bought up the Oliver Typewriter company.  The American Plant was closed, and the British Oliver Company was founded.  The Oliver 3 became the official typewriter of the British Government.   
Oliver himself died in mysterious circumstances in 1909.  The Oliver 9 became the most popular used typewriter in the world and some are still used today, as they were made that sturdy.

Still, despite his wealth, Oliver was a man of god.  He tinkered away with his machines, and money was no object.  He gathered notes and writings from the Boer Wars, along with glyphs from the Indies.  He presented the Oliver 10, a special prototype that was supposed to transcribe the language of the angels.  It was during this period of invention, that Rev. Thomas died.

The Oliver 10, only one was produced, was quickly snatched up by British Intelligence.   It was supposedly refined and improved.   There are rumors that an Oliver 13 was perfected.  A typewriter that perfectly writes in god’s own language.    The machine is a marvel to behold, the Iron Butterfly seems to defy geometry in its design, and applications.  It is said that it has 26 keys, and the glyphs, when read by a learned scholar, can answer questions not asked for several years, reveal secrets, and in a few cases, turn sour milk fresh. 
Of course, the Oliver 13 is only a rumor, as no one has ever seen it.  No one has ever written a secret Treatise called The Summation and Examination of Sir Frances Bacon’s College of Seven Days Work with a Foreword by Dr. John Dee.  So forget all this nonsense.

« Last Edit: Jul 22nd, 2018 at 2:20pm by John »  

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Re: The Oliver 13
Reply #1 - Jan 23rd, 2017 at 7:38pm
Print Post  
That is totally Awesome and Thank Heaven it only has 26 keys......

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #2 - Dec 22nd, 2017 at 7:55am
Print Post  
I took them down . They were huge and messed up the text.

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #3 - Dec 22nd, 2017 at 9:25am
Print Post  
I am pretty sure I fixed that problem a while ago so try again, or instead of linking to the photo try attaching them to the post and a smaller thumbnail should be auto inserted.

If you are still having problems, email me the pictures (or the links) and I'll play around with them to see what the deal is.

Anticipation of death is worse than death itself -- Steven Segal

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #4 - Dec 22nd, 2017 at 9:30am
Print Post  
Ok when I get home. Thanks

Shit I got to go over the whole forum to fix pics...

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #5 - Dec 22nd, 2017 at 11:30am
Print Post  
Tell me what threads have the problem currently so I can check it out.

I really haven't been seeing this issue anywhere to be honest so I want to see first hand.  It could be your browser settings or something, but lets check it out.

** update ** I chose an old thread that I figured would have pictures, like the guns and gadgets one, and it looks perfect (and it's an old thread, prior to the upgrade). So check this thread below on the browser you have been using and lets see if it looks ok to you or if the text is messed up etc.

https://www.villainsandvigilantesforum.com/public_html/cgi-bin/vandv/YaBB.pl?num...
« Last Edit: Dec 22nd, 2017 at 11:34am by Paul »  

Anticipation of death is worse than death itself -- Steven Segal

IP Logged

>