Poll
Poll Question: What Level of Adventures Do You Need?
bars   pie

Group Adventures - Levels 1-4    
  0 (0.0%)
Group Adventures - Levels 5-8    
  4 (66.7%)
Group Adventures - Levels 9-12    
  1 (16.7%)
Group Adventures - Levels 13-20    
  1 (16.7%)
Solo/Duo Adventures - Levels 1-4    
  0 (0.0%)
Solo/Duo Adventures - Levels 5-8    
  0 (0.0%)
Solo/Duo Adventures - Levels 9-12    
  0 (0.0%)
Solo/Duo Adventures - Levels 13-20    
  0 (0.0%)

Total votes: 6
« Last Modified by: polarboy on: Apr 5th, 2017 at 6:08am »
Normal Topic What Level of Adventures Do You Need? (Read 1282 times)
polarboy
Justice Leaguer

What Level of Adventures Do You Need?
Mar 28th, 2017 at 3:27pm
Print Post  
In your current V&V campaign, what sourcebooks and adventures do you need with regard to the number and level of the player characters?
« Last Edit: Mar 28th, 2017 at 3:27pm by polarboy »  

IP Logged

polarboy
Justice Leaguer

Re: What Level of Adventures Do You Need?
Reply #1 - Mar 29th, 2017 at 7:40pm
Print Post  
Here's a follow-up question: At what level could would a V&V solo hero be powerful enough to go alone through a group adventure designed for approximately six entry-level characters, such as Crisis at Crusader Citadel or Great Iridium Con ?
« Last Edit: Mar 29th, 2017 at 7:40pm by polarboy »  

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #2 - Mar 30th, 2017 at 4:06pm
Print Post  
If it's for six entry level characters?  Probably 10th or so, but it's hard to guess that, because some characters at 10th level are way more powerful (and able to survive) when compared to other 10th level characters.

IP Logged

Tempest
Teen Titan

I Love V&V!

Reply #3 - Apr 1st, 2017 at 5:49pm
Print Post  
Agreed with Majestic on this; a huge factor in V&V 2.0-1 is Attributes.  I've run a couple of personal-favourite characters up against Bull (Crushers) and Behemoth (Destroyers - man, these guys really don't help themselves in the Public Relations department with regard to their name choices, either personal- or group-related - although, considering who the Destroyers work for [i.e., Doc Apocalypse], there seems to be a bit of a profession-related trend at work here), and Bull is usually a needs-a-1-or-2-to-get-a-hit guy, and can be taken down at a steady attrition-like pace; Behemoth, on the other hand, with at least a decent chance of two attacks per round, and massive bare-hand damage potential (not even considering found-on-site improvisational weaponry), has demo'd even relatively high hit point characters with Regeneration.  Villain types with below ten hit points are often one- to two-shot take-outs, irrespective of what their offensive capabilities might be; our games have used various Heightened Attribute X powers for heroes to give at least moderate level double-digit hit points and a normal distribution curve chance of lasting out a major scrap.
« Last Edit: Apr 1st, 2017 at 9:40pm by Tempest »  

IP Logged

Ramble
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #4 - Apr 11th, 2017 at 3:09am
Print Post  
Majestic wrote on Mar 30th, 2017 at 4:06pm:
If it's for six entry level characters?  Probably 10th or so, but it's hard to guess that, because some characters at 10th level are way more powerful (and able to survive) when compared to other 10th level characters.

I think Maejestic's statement is true for Great Iridium Con. For CACC, I'd estimate 4th level. My players really enjoyed beating up on the Crushers. In fact, they were generally regarded as target practice to my players who routinely would develop new techniques to wreck them faster.

RAMBLE

IP Logged

>