Normal Topic The Iron Monk (Read 635 times)
John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

The Iron Monk
Oct 3rd, 2017 at 10:36am
Print Post  
The truth is, we don’t know much about the man who came to be known as the Iron Monk.  History has a way of hiding facts and creating legends. What we do know about him could fill a fortune cookie.

He was real. He had a daughter. He went into a coal mine to save a dog. He never came out.    That is all we can prove. The rest, well, the  rest we discuss and decide for ourselves.
« Last Edit: Oct 3rd, 2017 at 10:37am by John »  

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Re: The Iron Monk
Reply #1 - Oct 3rd, 2017 at 11:00am
Print Post  
Having said that here are some of the most common tall tales associated with the Iron Monk;

Legend has it he came to America a slave and built the railroads without the use of a hammer

They say he punched his way through a mountain to make a tunnel.

They say he crashed a locomotive when it hit him while he sat on the track to contemplate a ladybug 

They say he find peace cooking and has worked in many kitchens in the West

Their exists a government office dedicated to the Iron Monk.  It reportedly says that the Empire of Ploor regards him as the true ruler of Earth and will only engage in diplomacy with him. He defeated their ninth attempt at conquest with a tea party So far, no government agency will confirm this.

The Iron Monk has only one child, a daughter. She was too perfect for this earth and became a dream.  They say this is why the Iron Monk sleeps so much and carries with him a sad expression when he is awake.

The Iron Monk owns nothing but his robes, his sandles and the entire world.

The clipped hair and nails of the Iron Monk can cure consumption and cut steel.

The Iron Monk is fond of poker and is very bad at it. He has been known to work off his debts as a slave.

The last emperor of China abdicated his throne to the Iron Monk. The Iron Monk scolded the emperor who then went back to Beijing in shame.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #2 - Oct 3rd, 2017 at 11:13am
Print Post  
Many novellas and black and white movies have been made about the Iron Monk.  In Mexico alone, 49 films are based on some sort of legend associated with the Iron Monk. Most of these are low budget luchador films with a masked wrestler as a stand in for the Iron Monk. Most star Tilda Ruiz as the Monks beautiful daughter who is always named Suena.

The oddest Luchador De Ferro film involves an adult  Suena as a guardian for an adled grandfather who keeps calling  his granddaughter daughter while fighting vampires. The costumes were awful, the script dreck , but the scene when the Hero becomes lucid and realizes his daughter is long dead and the girl caring for him is just a Dream is piece of filmmaking perfection. Sadly it was both Tilda Ruiz’s and lead actor Xavier Navarro ‘s final performance.

Navarro died of complications from heart surgery and Tilda took her own life after a lifetime of depression.
« Last Edit: Oct 3rd, 2017 at 11:14am by John »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #3 - Oct 3rd, 2017 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
So that would put the histories of The Iron Monk in the 1800's????

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #4 - Oct 3rd, 2017 at 9:10pm
Print Post  
Yup

IP Logged

>