Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Liam "Skip" Tracer (Read 3158 times)
Aki
Sidekick

Good Intentions

Liam "Skip" Tracer
Oct 30th, 2017 at 9:37pm
Print Post  
"Skip" Tracer

Identity: Liam Tracer                                Level: 9 (+3/-3)
Side: "Good"                                            Sex:  Male
Age:   29                                                 Training: Humanity
Experience: 49992                                    Occupation: Private Investigator
Powers:     4                                            Clearance: 5

1.    Heightened Senses +4 (Future Sense x2, Past Sense, Time Perception)
2.    Heightened Senses +4 (Sense Motive, Aura Sense, Danger Sense, Vitals Sense)
3.    Heightened Senses +2 (Super Sight, Third Eye)
4.    Willpower

Weight:   200              Basic Hits:  4              Humanity: 13
Strength:  9                Meta: 23                    Intelligence: 15
Endurance:  12                                             Agility: 18
Charisma:  11                                                Will: 12
Hit Mods: (1.0)x(1.4)x(1.2)x(1.9)x(1.1)=3.8      Hits: 14
Healing: 1.2                                                  Power: 66
Inventing: 4.6 | 45%                                     Movement: 39
Carrying:  193                                              HTH: 1d6
Damage Mod:  +4                                         Accuracy: +4

Det. Hidden:  21                                           Det. Danger: 100
Height: 5’11”                                                Wealth: 20
Knowledge Areas: 
Education, Mysticism, Piloting (Spaceships), Firearms, Leylines, "Sleuthing" (Investigation), Leadership.
Pistol Expertise: +2 Accuracy with Pistols
Rifle Expertise: +2 Accuracy with Rifles
Dodge: -(accuracy) to be hit
Tumbling: can roll with damage (10% of power)
Alertness: +20% to both detections when active.

Initiative Details:

Current Base: 18 + 1d10 (Agility + 1d10)
With Time Perception: 18 + 3d10 (Always active)
With Precognition: 26 + 3d10
« Last Edit: Oct 20th, 2019 at 12:29am by Aki »  

IP Logged

Aki
Sidekick

Good Intentions

Re: Liam "Skip" Tracer
Reply #1 - Oct 30th, 2017 at 9:47pm
Print Post  
Precognition (Future Sense) x2 – Liam’s brain has unlocked the ability to see a few moments into the future, anticipating the attacks and movement of his opponents. Granting him the supernatural ability to always be one step ahead of the competition. 

Reflexive | Power = 1/turn
+8 to Hit, -8 to be hit, +8 to initiative. (Base 4, x2 for doubled)
Can see several seconds into the future

5 power: Can take an action spend and make an inventing roll (Int roll) to predict an event. Limit is Intelligence hours in advance

Post cognition (Past Sense) – Crime scenes seem to come alive as Liam searches for clues. Events around him unfold as if playing back reverse.

Power = 1/10 minutes in the past
Range = Will in feet (Immediate area)

Time Perception – Liam’s perception of time has changed since the incident, and whack-a-mole has lost all of its charm. Liam is able to slow down or speed up how he perceives time.

Always active | Can add +2d10 to his initiative

Sense Motive – Be it eye twitches, changes in breathing patterns, shuffling of feet, everyone has a tell, and unfortunately for them, that makes them an open book to Liam Tracer.   

Power = 5
Range = Charisma in feet.
Must hit as per Mind Control. Grants bonus as per Weakness Detection

Aura Sense – Everyone used to give off different vibes, however nowadays those vibes seem to speak to Liam.

Always Active | +4 to hit, 4x detections.

With an action, can look deeper into the aura.  Save 1d20.  The number of success above the intelligence of the user gleans more information.
     1-3: No meaningful information | 4-6: Can see their true form, or if a Meta/magical.
     7-9: Can see if someone is under mental attacks/mind control. Or their approximate experience level.
     10-12: Can see what race the being is.

Danger Sense – It’s almost as if Liam’s back is never turned to his enemies, as he seems to react to attacks coming from any direction.

Always Active | Detect Danger x4

Vitals Sense – Everything that can be hurt has a weak spot, be it an old wound or the center of their Chi. Liam’s tendency to hit people where it hurts has become quite literal.

1 action to study a target (Id20).
Bonus damage based on how effectively they were hit.
Ex. If Liam needs to roll a 15 to hit, and rolls a 5, the enemy will take +10 damage.

Super Sight – A good private investigator can see clues from a mile away… or at least Liam Tracer, PI can.

When using vision -
+3 to hit, x3 Detections

Third Eye – The weirdest part to Liam of having his senses open up was not how clear the world was, but rather how clear the worlds were.

Can see into nearby dimensions allowing Liam to see out of phase things, things veiled magically, maybe even ley lines, or rifts. Grants a detection roll to see through illusions. See if a being is a Meta by the link to the other dimensional source of power.
+4 to hit Metas, extradimensional beings, out of phase beings, etc. x4 detections when applicable

« Last Edit: Nov 20th, 2017 at 3:01pm by Aki »  

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #2 - Oct 30th, 2017 at 10:19pm
Print Post  
OMG re-roll

Anticipation of death is worse than death itself -- Steven Segal

IP Logged

Aki
Sidekick

Good Intentions

Reply #3 - Oct 31st, 2017 at 10:50am
Print Post  
No way, he's going to be amazing.

Hopefully not* die early on.....  10 senses should make him hard to hit Smiley
« Last Edit: Oct 31st, 2017 at 11:27am by Aki »  

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #4 - Oct 31st, 2017 at 10:56am
Print Post  
It's Heightened Senses, not Heightened Defense Smiley

Drop 50 lbs of weight and buy 5 powers or something. Wink

IP Logged

Aki
Sidekick

Good Intentions

Reply #5 - Oct 31st, 2017 at 11:29am
Print Post  
Oh right I forgot weight can be dropped to raise stuff... I'm not sure about more powers, but maybe more stats... I rolled horrendously on stats.

Senses should give +/- to hit or be hit. These are powered senses. Spidey Senses!

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #6 - Oct 31st, 2017 at 11:44am
Print Post  
I dont think it's - to be hit, only +'s but maybe you can combine them into something hybrid, I'm sure John would allow.  Yeah drop weight and go super lite, you will get Agility pluses for being lite (I think) then beef up stats.  Should consider high INT to get more inventing points for power stunts, because you are going to need all the help you can get!

Cool

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #7 - Oct 31st, 2017 at 2:46pm
Print Post  
The latest version of V&V (3.0/Mighty Protectors) has something like 22 different Heightened Senses, so 10 should be child's play! Wink

IP Logged

Aki
Sidekick

Good Intentions

Reply #8 - Nov 1st, 2017 at 12:22am
Print Post  
Future sense or Danger Senses would certainly be - to be hit!

22 senses...

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #9 - Nov 1st, 2017 at 10:51am
Print Post  
Ah I gotcha, makes sense.

But your Danger sense should be telling you to re-roll.

Roll Eyes

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #10 - Nov 1st, 2017 at 5:34pm
Print Post  
Paulie,

I am shocked. Ten Heightened Senses and all of them Powers, not skills. Total Wildcards. Pluses and minuses TBD.

If I gave you this character you would figure out a way to end up with 30 points of invulnerability and an HTH attack doing roughly 8d10 damage.

Aki will crush this and most likely kill my characters for no apparent reason

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #11 - Nov 2nd, 2017 at 7:55am
Print Post  
A heightened sense that gives pluses on HTH?  Ok i'm listening. Will be interesting to see.

And if the last part is true, I'm all for it!  Smiley

IP Logged

Aki
Sidekick

Good Intentions

Reply #12 - Nov 4th, 2017 at 1:23am
Print Post  
Sheet updated. Also placing backstory here to clean up top sheet:

Poorly written Backstory/Introduction:

Liam’s office chair creaked as he leaned forward and placed the crumpled newspaper on his desk. 12:40 he thought as he stood up and glanced over at the clock. The room barely seemed to dim as he walked away from the light his desk lamp provided, as his shadowed outline was cast across the far wall by the street lights illuminating bustling city below.

He placed his hand on the receiver of the old phone as it started to ring. He wondered what Officer Davis needed at this hour while placing the phone to his ear.

“Skip?” he heard the familiar voice say in his typical worried tone.

“Evening Kev” Liam replied, “How can I help you at this hour?” as he finished his sentence, Liam turned to stare at the dusty phone in disbelief.

He glanced over through his blinds and stopped filtering out the sounds of city life. The heard the whispering chorus of sirens in the distance.

“It’s about Michael King. I’m sorry Skip, his girlfriend discovered the body thirty minutes ago in his apart-”.

“Tell her I’m on my way” Liam interjected, leaning over to grab his worn leather jacket.

“-ment. Tracy said you knew him…”

Davis’ voice trailed off, seemingly unfazed by the interruption as Liam rested the phone back on the hook. He grabbed his Smith & Wesson M&P .40 from the corner of his desk. He’d have to apologize to Davis for that the next time he saw him, however someone had just murdered Mike, and he wasn’t about to let the NOPD find to bastard before he did.

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #13 - Nov 4th, 2017 at 7:56am
Print Post  
Pretty cool. Kinda like Nic Cage in one of his movies. I only remember Jessica Biel was in it, otherwise it sucked.

I'm not seeing the HTH increases,  but nevertheless it's a really cool character! nice job!!

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #14 - Nov 4th, 2017 at 8:23am
Print Post  
Nice job!!

Maybe no HTH bonus but I was kidding about that. The Vitals sense is very damaging based of the rules for it and a base +22 to hit and the difference between the "To Hit" and roll equals damage. Damage bonus of anywhere between +1 to +42 ( roll of 1) it kind of makes up for base HTH damage

Aki played him well last night and used his knowledge of us personally as well as in character to combine with his future sense to be both incredibly annoying and quite amusing at the same time. I think it showed the character personality already. Should be a fun character to play

IP Logged

Aki
Sidekick

Good Intentions

Reply #15 - Apr 20th, 2018 at 8:12am
Print Post  
Bumping because we're finally back!

IP Logged

Aki
Sidekick

Good Intentions

Reply #16 - Sep 22nd, 2018 at 12:57pm
Print Post  
Updated.

Space will not be the final frontier.

IP Logged

Aki
Sidekick

Good Intentions

Reply #17 - Jan 11th, 2019 at 3:38pm
Print Post  
updated

IP Logged

Aki
Sidekick

Good Intentions

Reply #18 - Oct 20th, 2019 at 12:30am
Print Post  
Case #62 Missing Persons
Client: Donna Voight
Billing: Waived

Ms. Voight approached me regarding her missing boyfriend, a U.F.O. fanatic who recently shifted his focus to Leprechauns.

We visited Ms. Voight’s boyfriend’s apartment in search for clues of his whereabouts. Inside of his desk was a simple wooden box containing a small piece of magical gold (or orichalcum - as Albert Frankenstein named it in the past) and a note with coordinates.

Ms. Voight mentioned that her boyfriend mentioned that Leprechauns changed colors since the ‘White Event’, the little green men were now yellow - and acting strangely. 

I traveled 2 hours out of the city to the location where Ms. Voight’s boyfriend located his piece Orichalcum. There was a strong leyline presence near the location. I started to dig and was attacked by strange being about half an hour into my dig - I hit it with my shovel, and a few bullets which seemed to have no effect. The being did not appear to be quick enough to chase me, so I left the leyline for a short break and returned to continue my dig. The being had left. I dug until I found a genuine pot of gold orichalcum.

About half an hour after locating the orichalcum, a strange ship that can only be described as a cliché U.F.O. arrived and a little yellow Leprechaun came out brandishing a magical wand. The Leprechaun attacked me, and I was forced to attempt to disarm him by shooting his wand out of his hand. Unfortunately, the wand exploded and knocked me unconscious.

I woke up in a strange webbing of sorts hanging upside-down from a tree with all my possessions missing. I escaped from the webbing and discovered I had been transported to the magical lands. There were other webbings around me with living people inside of them. As I tried to rescue one of the other prisoners I was confronted by a Nymph, Dephora. Dephora offered me food and water and explained her duty was that of a guardian (I have since learned she was not guarding me for my safety – but for future consumption). After Dephora attempted to drug me I distracted her and took the opportunity to run away. She nearly caught up to me, but I managed to get away.

Traveling through the nearest leyline I found myself in Japan. I contacted Quentin Mechanics for assistance is leaving the country as I had not entered the country in a legal manner.

Upon my return to the States I geared up for a rescue mission. The Nymph had other prisoners who needed to be saved, and only I knew where to find them. I lead a team of techs to the (now empty) orichalcum cache and traversed through the leyline with some surveillance equipment. I was ambushed by some brutal savages with massive bows and spears, wearing war paints and the remains of other living things – including human flesh. After quickly defeating the savages I traveled back to Dephora’s camp where I found two prisoner-sacs remaining. Dephora intended on ambushing me, however I quickly disposed of her with a incendiary grenade and a few hollow-point steel jacket bullets and rescued the two remaining prisoners.

Unfortunately, Ms. Voight’s boyfriend was not among the survivors...
« Last Edit: Oct 20th, 2019 at 12:30am by Aki »  

Case_62_-_Ms_Voight.pdf ( 1839 KB | 14 Downloads )

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #19 - Nov 2nd, 2019 at 4:37pm
Print Post  
Very Cool

IP Logged

>