Normal Topic The Age of Aquarius (Read 60 times)
THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

The Age of Aquarius
Mar 10th, 2018 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
  The Man woke with his face against something cold and rough. Actually his whole body was against this uncomfortable mass. He looked down and pulled his head back. Wheat, crushed and twisted together. He rose slowly and looked around to get his bearings. The Man had no idea where he was but he knew he was in the exact center of a large crop circle, a real one, not one of those silly pranks.

Excitement ran through his veins as he teetered a bit while reviewing the circle. Could there be a new Letter hidden here? One could never tell so he wobbled around the outside perimeter to get a better view. It was a Letter but one He already knew. The Man was excited and disappointed at the same time. Theories that a True Letter could be revealed in a crop circle were confirmed, sadly since it was one he knew there would be no additional knowledge today.

The Man began to walk east for no true reason other than it was where The Sun was at this moment in Time.   Time.   What time was he currently in and what location? Both these facts were unknowns to him but he knew at least he assumed he was on Earth.

As he crested a rise he could see a small two lane road with an older model car as well as two men leaning on it. As he approached he noted the car was in surprisingly good shape for a late 1950's or possibly early 1960's model. The two men, actually one man and one boy of about sixteen years old approached him though the older Gentleman took the lead.

The Man began to speak as he raised his hand in salutations " Hello there, good to see you both. My name is Di......" It was then that the older gentleman stopped his speech immediately with a raise of his hand. " No names please Sir. That might cause a ripple in time and effect the future. You can call me Dickie Dander and we have been told you will be going by Milton Paradise if you please."

The Man now to be known as Milton Paradise thought for a moment. A Ripple in Time. For some reason this made him think of his friend who at one time called himself Mr. Ripple. This for some reason became outrageously funny and Milton Paradise began to laugh uncontrollably. The blood rushed to his head and he became dizzy as he wobbled even more than before. It seems Time Travel can have a sever effect on the body, mind and possibly the soul. Milton stopped for a moment, looked at his two new comrades, threw up and promptly passed out.

He awoke later to find himself leaning on the trunk of the car while the young sixteen year old boy was wiping the vomit of Miltons shirt and cleaning his forehead from sweat and dirt.

" Hey, great, you're back with us!! Good to see you are feeling better. Let me know if you may need anything since we are here to help you. Oh boy!! Where are my manners? I have not introduced myself. You can call me Mason Lodge"

Milton looked at the boy, heard the name the boy gave himself and promptly bent over and vomited again.

« Last Edit: Mar 10th, 2018 at 1:02pm by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Re: The Age of Aquarius
Reply #1 - Mar 10th, 2018 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
  Milton fell in and out of consciousness and finally awoke on a couch in a quaint home somewhere. The style and architecture told him early 1960's so with that and the car he knew at least about when he was. The sound from a black and white television talking about the current Cuban Missile Crisis confirmed it. Sometime in mid to late October 1962.

It was then that young Mason Lodge looked up from the comic book he was reading. " Hey you're awake! You have been sleeping from three days man. I bet you must be famished!! Dickie is making eggs in the kitchen. I'll go get you some lickity split!!."

Milton noticed the comic the boy had been reading and had tossed away the moment Milton looked up. Fantastic Four #2. Man what a find and Milton knew once he got some cash in his pocket he would need to get to the local five and dime to pick up some more.

Mason was correct. Milton was famished and he got up immediately to get to those eggs. Dickie Dander was in the kitchen frying them up with cigarette in hand and eyes bouncing back and forth from the pan to the television. Dickie Dander was scared. Milton knew this was a dangerous and incredibly frightening time for those who had to live through the crisis and the cold war. Milton knew how it would turn out but could not give his new friend any real solace. You just don't mess with time and information about the future. You just don't.

" This is part of what you are here for." Dickie said as he handed Milton the plate of half runny half burnt eggs. Dickie was looking at the television when he said it so Milton assumed he would somehow be involved with stopping the Cuban Missile Crisis of 1962 though he had no idea how he was involved.

Mason Lodge walked back in. " Boy, I can't believe you slept a whole three days straight! Hey, three, that's a common number in the Occult World. Did you know that?"

Milton simply smiled and said " So your are interested in The Occult are you?" but Masons reaction was to just look at Milton strangely as if he should know something he did not already.

" Anyway, Welcome to Nebraska Mr. Paradise" Dickie Dander said. " We are your go betweens right now and we will get you settled in. You have a party to be at in four days time at the Golden Nugget in Vegas. You are going to need a suit and a few bucks in your pocket. We have already taken care of your new identity and proofs"

With that Milton was presented with a wallet containing some cash as well as a file with bank account numbers. The cash was minimal, basic spending money, the bank accounts totaled about $125,000.00. Milton had some thoughts for that money and how he could multiply it over the next three plus decades but it was not time for that right now
« Last Edit: Mar 10th, 2018 at 1:39pm by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Re: The Age of Aquarius
Reply #2 - Mar 31st, 2018 at 12:29pm
Print Post  
  Later that afternoon Dickie Dander and Mason Lodge took Milton shopping for a new suit. Going to the Bobby Darin Concert in Vegas in a silver space suit was just not going to get it done.  Dickie slipped the tailor and extra twenty bucks and requested a rush job once Miltons fitting was complete.

While the tailor was feverishly rushing on the new suit Mason Lodge and Milton strolled the quaint little town and did a bit of shopping. Comic shopping that is. Milton a few bucks in his pocket from his new wallet and picked up some crisp new comic books. Fantastic Four #1 as well as a mint original Flash when Barry Allen first met Jay Garrick.

Milton had some plans for those two books in the not so near future

IP Logged

Bookmarks: Facebook Google Google+ reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo

>