Normal Topic Stan Lee: Our Remembrances (Read 337 times)
Tempest
Teen Titan

I Love V&V!

Stan Lee: Our Remembrances
Nov 12th, 2018 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
It's been a damned long while since I posted on here, but felt an absolute need to acknowledge this publicly.  I've had the opportunity to meet up with a few of Marvel's personnel - some very congenial gentlemen and individuals, some not so much so - but never had the chance to meet up with Mr. Lee.  All I can do is pass on my deepest and most heartfelt condolences to his family, loved ones, and friends.  He did as much - and more, in many respects - as any world-shaper in reality: He brought a joy in living and a reason to hold on for one more month because there'd be something fun to see and read.  While Marvel Entertainment continues to craft excellent movies - which I'll see just as promptly as anyone else - Stan Lee's real triumph was, is and always will be the joy in the eternal grasp of the printed word and the ink-drawn hero drawing down on the villain...both of whom have motivations and characters that we can understand, if not agree with.  Stan Lee: All our thanks, always, and our promise to carry on and tell damn good stories - forever. Smiley

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Re: Stan Lee: Our Remembrances
Reply #1 - Nov 12th, 2018 at 8:27pm
Print Post  
Well said. I might have to quote you and put it on the forum news!

Batman

Anticipation of death is worse than death itself -- Steven Segal

IP Logged

>