Normal Topic Doom Patrol (Read 293 times)
Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Doom Patrol
Apr 15th, 2019 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
Spoiler-free.

I'm currently watching Doom Patrol.  It's seems like a fun series, but I've only seen two episodes so far.  I'm almost completely unfamiliar with the Doom Patrol, except for cameos in the New Teen Titans comics from the 80s.  Most of what I know about them came from the one-shot series that gave the origins of Raven/Cyborg/Changeling/Starfire.

For the pilot episode they managed to talk Ashley Dougherty into taking off her clothes, but I assume that was just a "hook."  Lots of adult language from Robotman (Brendan Fraser) and Crazy Jane (Diane Guerrero.)  Plenty of blood and some gore in episode two.

I don't know the timeline of the comics, but this timeline is COMPLETELY different.  It's currently set in the 90s and a young Cyborg (Joivan Wade) is already friends with Niles Caulder (Timothy Dalton.)  It looks to me like they're trying to tie this to the movies.  I haven't seen Changeling yet, but Rita Farr (April Bowlby) isn't in a relationship with Caulder.  This completely diverges from the comics because Cyborg is about three or so years older than Changeling and in this series Cyborg is already a teenager and Changeling isn't even a bump on Rita's belly.

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Re: Doom Patrol
Reply #1 - Apr 17th, 2019 at 10:24am
Print Post  
Well there's also the fact that Cyborg was never a member of the Doom Patrol. Wink

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Re: Doom Patrol
Reply #2 - Apr 17th, 2019 at 7:13pm
Print Post  
Oh, yeah!  I forgot to mention that.  In fact, I don't think Cyborg was ever "friends" with Dr. Caulder because by the time they met Dr. Caulder was already driven mad by the Mento-Helmet or whatever it was.

But my only info came from the 80s before the self-destruction of DC.

IP Logged

>