Normal Topic Its All Relative (Read 201 times)
John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Its All Relative
Nov 16th, 2019 at 3:28pm
Print Post  
Singularity  woke up in a hospital room.  She, at first, though she was looking in a mirror.  She was groggy so the chalked up the differences to that.

She soon realized she was not looking into a funhouse mirror but that there a person in the room with her.

He looked enough like her to be related.  He had a jet black coating to his skin, just like her.  He was bald, just like her.   But she small, he was huge.  He smiled and spoke in Russian.   

Another face came into her view,  a gray face.    The face had huge yellow eyes and pointed ears.  No hair.   Singularity,  for a second, though she was being abducted by aliens. 

The gray face spoke.  He, at least she thought it was a he, had a pleasant, musical voice.  She felt calmed by it.  " Oh good, you responded well. I trust you are ok?  Sorry for the abruptness of this all, but time is of great importance, and we are in short supply of it."

The jet black man helped Singulary up.   She was in her protomatter suit.  She felt the where the gaps in her armor should be, but they were gone.  Her armor was mostly healed up, but she  was still badly hurt.

" You are the only one who can help your planet."   The gray being spoke like a song.   

"Da"  said the Obsidian Russian.

Getting out of the bed was tougher than fighting a giant kaiju at the moment.

"This is Collapsar. I am Ashent Kriexintolor.   The humans call me Mr. Gray.    This is Collapsar.  We are members of Commander Astro's Irregulars.  We need your help."

"We took you from your hospital bed and I injected you with nanites to stabilized your wounds.  They are being interfered with by other nanites in your cells, otherwise you would be full healed by now.  In time I might be able to nullify the interfering pests."

"We are currently in post Neptune space nearing a small black hole that is speeding towards your homeworld.   I have ground fond of your small blue world over the millennia and I don't wish to see it destroyed.   Collapsar wields similar meta abilities to you, but was unable to deter the path of this object.  Furthermore,  it must be guided by an intelligence as it has course corrected when we sent meteoroids and comments to deflect its path.  We need your added gravity abilities to alter its course."

It was a lot to take in. Singularity was not up to peak performance.   She was told the stakes, and of course, was going to help.   She just felt tired.  Too many deaths...

Mr. Gray sang and his ship responded.   The interior of the ship was beautiful. She felt like she was inside a church more than a space ship.  The walls were glass, crystal, and silver.   Everything was built for aesthetic value.  No pipes, or buttons.  Just space, light and beauty.   

The ship was controlled by song.   And no song was more compelling and filled with longing than Mr. Gray's.  Perhaps it was the medicine, or the feeling of lost friends, but she couldn't help  but let out a tear.   

It seems the ship had a will and Mr. Gray had to sing to persuade it to help.  And it did. They were suddenly near the black hole.  No time passed and the stars subtly shifted.   

Singularity was given a clear suit to wear over her costume.  It was a life support veil.  In the bubble that protected her head was a small gold disc that not only linked her to  Collapsar, but translated his Russian to English.

"We are to combine our gravity powers and push this black hole away."   He smiled and seemed confident.  " How do you say,  easy peasey?"   He gave a thumbs up and counted down.   

On three both heroes warped gravity and the black hole moved.  It backed away.  It worked.  For a second or two then course corrected.

"I was afraid of that."  Collapsar said.  " Plan B."

Collapsar explained that he could survive being in the  gravity well, and would enter the event horizon.  He said something must be controlling it, and if he could nullify that,  then Singularity and Mr. Gray could alter its path.   

Of course Singularity didn't like this plan and spoke her objection.  Collapsar reused and said he would be ok and she had to stay just in case.  And with that he dove and disappeared into the void.

Seconds later he emerged.  Older.  He said he was inside for 50 years.  He even had black beard!

He said he fought something he couldn't see and it was following him.   As he said that a four armed muscle bound humanoid flew out!

It was blue green and had a glowing jewel in its forhead.  It had long gray hair and red eyes.   It was powering up for some optical blast when Singularity warped her personal gravity to the Nth degree and blasted off at ridiculous speed into the creature.   Missing would not only kill her as she would hit the black hole, but doom the earth!

She hit! And  even though  in space no one can hear you scream,  you can hear an alien getting clobbered!

Singularity, physically engaged with the creature, wrestled.  Collapsar, still tired and hurt from his 50 year battle,  fired Gravi Metric blasts at the beasts black.

Collapsar flew to attack the alien, and missed. He was once again swallowed by the event horizon.

Singularity had no choice, but to end this fast.

The battle lasted eons, as time is measured by the Prolorkians, a microscopic race that lives for nine seconds.  But to humans it was over in less then a minute.  Singulary, using velocity,  leverage and cheap shots,  beat the being to a pulp.   

Mr. Gray took the remains to the ship, but the jewel in the creature's forehead flew off into the black hole.

Collapsar emerged, but older, wheezing from effort.  He was vastly older,  and clearly dying.

The three then were able to move the black hole away, back to deep space.

Singularity was tired.   Physically, and emotionally.  She didn't want anyone else to die.  She breathed in and channeled power.

She warped gravity.  She warped space.  She warped time itself.   She reversed time and made it flow backwards.  She was in pain.    She couldn't hold it up.   She made Collapsar age in reverse.  He became younger.  She extended the seconds he had to live to years.  She had to stop.  She was drained.  She saved the life of her new friend and ally.   She was exhausted, but it felt good.

Singularity was given an Astro's Irregular's Membership Card and a lift home.

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Re: Its All Relative
Reply #1 - Nov 17th, 2019 at 10:04am
Print Post  
Nice!!

IP Logged

>