Normal Topic Market Forces (Read 147 times)
Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Market Forces
Nov 13th, 2020 at 1:42am
Print Post  
I recently realized that Market Forces (from Monkey House Games) had *finally* been released and purchased it.  It's the "last official V&V product" from MHG.  Everything after that is nothing but Living Legends (which sounds MUCH COOLER than "Mighty Protectors Power Force.")

Sigh...  I can't believe he would re-brand such a cool name with such an absolutely ridiculously STUPID name.  I guess it was his version of "marketing strategy."  Maybe he thought that his fans would say "Living Legends is free, so why should I buy an 'official' version that's basically the same thing?"  I haven't looked at LL in a *very* long time and I didn't even consider looking at MP but I bet that saying "MP is LL on steroids" would be an impossibly generous comparison.

Anyway, his half-a-dozen fans are HARDCORE and would purchase his used toilet paper.  So it's not like re-branding was necessary.

BTW: Did you think I was joking?  I would probably bet money that his fans would purchase his used toilet paper.

Edit: Whoops!  I'm talking about "Jeff Dee."  Jack Herman lost interest in V&V when Jeff stopped publishing in 1987 and failed to complete his contract to provide the character stats for the artwork of Most Wanted: Vol 2.
« Last Edit: Nov 13th, 2020 at 1:45am by Display Name »  

IP Logged

Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Re: Market Forces
Reply #1 - Nov 13th, 2020 at 1:56am
Print Post  
Oh, and I just sent an email to Scott Bizar asking him to release the artwork for MW:2, even if he has no character stats to go with them.  Most GMs use house rules, anyway, right?

IP Logged

>