Normal Topic Spider-Man's mask (Read 109 times)
Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Spider-Man's mask
Dec 9th, 2020 at 7:50pm
Print Post  
I once read a comic that discussed Spider-Man's origin, powers, devices, etc.  I think it was in the "Web of Spider-Man" series?

The comic alleged that Spider-Man's mask disguised his voice so that friends/family of Peter Parker wouldn't recognize him in his outfit.  At the time (as a teenager,) my reaction was "I'm calling BS!"  My assertion was probably based on the Spider-Man television series "The Amazing Spider-Man" from the 70s, where Nicholas Hammond had a clearly recognizable voice in and out of his costume.

Flash-forward to 2020 and the Covid situation in America.  My experience with wearing (the blue paper) masks has demonstrated to me that...  Yup!  They *can* disguise your voice to a limited degree!  They certainly make it harder for us old people to hear these Young Guns (1988.)  Whoops!  I meant "younguns!"

It was actually a pleasant surprise to see that *once again* comic physics proved correct!  Lol!

Edit: In retrospect, I suspect that the tv show's clever use of microphones and/or dubbing fixed the voice muffling problem.
« Last Edit: Dec 9th, 2020 at 7:52pm by Display Name »  

IP Logged

>