Normal Topic Spider-Man: FAR from Good (spoilers) (Read 237 times)
Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Spider-Man: FAR from Good (spoilers)
Dec 14th, 2020 at 1:24pm
Print Post  
So...  Watching this a second time to see if maybe I misunderstood it before.

Nope!  It's even worse than the first time!  Fury casually hands Parker an interface to a "multi-billion dollar A.R. tactical intelligence system" without even bothering to tell him what it was (much less how it worked.)  And then, when Parker tries to use them the first time and accidentally endangers his classmates (and saving them, btw,) Fury berates him for endangering his classmates.

Not to mention the fact that Fury railroads Parker by diverting his class tour into the "hot zone" and gets mad when PP is distracted during their planning session by the potential danger to his classmates.  Which, btw, Fury unsuccessfully tried to evacuate in advance (calling them "idiots" for not evacuating.)

What really p*ssed me off is how Fury tells Parker that he's not ready for a mission like this when Parker repeatedly tried to tell him at the beginning that he wasn't ready for a mission like this.

Is Samuel L. Jackson so powerless in Hollywood that he can't say "Hold up.  Nick Fury doesn't act like a mother-f***ing idiot.  We need to change this."  I mean, he got the purple lightsabre in the freakin' Star Wars series, for crying out loud!

And all of this is in addition to the complaints I had, before:
https://www.villainsandvigilantesforum.com/public_html/cgi-bin/vandv/YaBB.pl?num...

And I'm not even halfway through this garbage.  Whoever was the screenwriter for this movie needs to be blacklisted.
« Last Edit: Dec 14th, 2020 at 1:34pm by Display Name »  

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Re: Spider-Man: FAR from Good (spoilers)
Reply #1 - Dec 14th, 2020 at 1:41pm
Print Post  
These movies will continue to make hundreds of millions of dollars because kids and teens dont really care about those details.

But I do agree I thought the movie was bad.  I mean who would confuse AC/DC for Led Zeppelin??  NOBODY!

Batman

Anticipation of death is worse than death itself -- Steven Segal

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #2 - Dec 24th, 2020 at 4:14pm
Print Post  
I thought it was a pretty good movie.  Not one of the better MCU movies, but still quite good.

And that's not Nick Fury; it's revealed at the end that it is the Skrull Talos impersonating Fury.  So you're mad that someone impersonating Fury doesn't do so well enough to fool a teen-aged kid?  Cheesy

IP Logged

Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #3 - Dec 26th, 2020 at 12:02am
Print Post  
He *did* fool a teen-aged kid.  And the poorly-written script did not come from the character.

IP Logged

>