Normal Topic Battle Not a with Monsters… (Read 426 times)
John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Battle Not a with Monsters…
Sep 21st, 2021 at 1:04pm
Print Post  
…lest ye become a monster.

When one wields power, for good or for ill, the power changes the user.

Be warned!

The dissected brains of individuals who either gained meta human abilities or learn the arts of Magic showed signs of abnormality. A new ridge here, a strange bump there. 

What is now known to be an effect of the use of power was once misdiagnosed as a tumor.

Those that learn and use Magic become accustomed to magic.  They become keen to its uses and notice things that go unnoticed by those without these odd ripples in their brains.

Meta humans, seemly unknown to themselves, seek out others with meta powers.  They, over time, attract others and may even alter probabilities without conscience thought.

A study has been started that is trying to prove that the mere existence of meta humans creates others.  And that a congregation of them amplifies this.

While the plurality of Magic uses does not affect reality by their mere existence, other than by conscious effort, metahumans effect the world by existing.

It is with this knowledge that I urge our brethren to learn Magic. The lesser of two evils, to gain the power needed to preserve all of existence from the very unfortunate yet real threat posed by meta human abilities.

Learn well, but be advised. How Magic changes the brain is unknown. Be warned lest ye become a monster.

Thomas White founder of the Underwriters.

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Re: Battle Not a with Monsters…
Reply #1 - Oct 14th, 2021 at 8:56pm
Print Post  
It's also highly contagious.  No one, upon exposure to a Meta, can ever be Normal again.

Edit: Whoops!  This is just my analysis after my (armchair) research of UFO contactees!  Lol!
« Last Edit: Oct 14th, 2021 at 9:14pm by Display Name »  

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #2 - Oct 29th, 2021 at 7:53pm
Print Post  
I think that meta powers come though a tiny wormhole in the being’s brain. And each wormhole has a tiny “gravity” like effect that attracts other like wormholes.

So meta beings tend to gather. And like gravity, it can build until the wormhole’s “pull” becomes strong enough to create other wormholes. So in effect meta powers create other meta powers.

And this can create a meta “event horizon”. Hence the nessesity of her Underwriters.

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #3 - Jul 4th, 2023 at 6:57pm
Print Post  
And with Magic we can heal the Psychosis if they would only use my spell...

Richard Dante M.D.

IP Logged

>