Normal Topic Genetic engineering for beginners (Read 473 times)
Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Genetic engineering for beginners
Feb 15th, 2022 at 10:19pm
Print Post  
It's called "bio-hacking."  They even offer an introductory course that requires no previous experience.  Man, this is weirder than a comic book!  And yes, it's completely real:
https://www.the-odin.com

But like I've said for years: The paranormals are coming!  The paranormals are coming!

Edit: Here's the original video that I saw about it:
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/playing-god-the-ethics-of-editing-your-dna-preview/
« Last Edit: Feb 15th, 2022 at 10:24pm by Display Name »  

IP Logged

Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Re: Genetic engineering for beginners
Reply #1 - May 20th, 2022 at 10:37pm
Print Post  
So after some deliberation, I ordered the beginner's kit.  It came today.  And now I've started learning how to do genetic engineering myself.  Edit: What could go wrong?
« Last Edit: May 20th, 2022 at 10:38pm by Display Name »  

IP Logged

Lord Inar
Justice Leaguer

Reply #2 - Jun 8th, 2022 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
I would make a comment but because Display Name has probably already progressed to Advanced Mind Reading and Telepathy, that would be redundant.

IP Logged

Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #3 - Jun 19th, 2022 at 8:40pm
Print Post  
Lord Inar wrote on Jun 8th, 2022 at 5:02pm:
I would make a comment but because Display Name has probably already progressed to Advanced Mind Reading and Telepathy, that would be redundant.

Lol!  I'm not going to "self-medicate"!  But the creator of The Odin (Dr. Josiah Zaynor) actually *did* inject himself with some kind of concoction that was supposed to reduce the "muscle-limiter" protein in his body as a publicity stunt.  It didn't work, but it didn't cause harm, either.  In a later interview he said that he probably didn't inject enough into his system.

In my imagination, I would expect that making it work would require a similar setup to the one that they used on Captain America in the "Captain America: The First Avenger" movie (ie: inject at several points along the body).  But that's just my overactive imagination trying to create a plausible scenario.

When I tell people what I'm doing, they inevitably ask me why I'm doing it.  I always answer that I'm going to use it to cross-breed a grizzly bear and a chihuahua to try to "up the game" for the little guy.

IP Logged

Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #4 - Jul 25th, 2022 at 7:59am
Print Post  
For those of you interested, there's a "biohacking" conference Sept 2-4 in Austin, Tx.
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/biohack-the-planet-2022-tickets-315655262387?fbclid...

IP Logged

>