Normal Topic New, scientific organization for V&V (Read 206 times)
Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

New, scientific organization for V&V
Mar 14th, 2022 at 8:49pm
Print Post  
This publicly funded scientific organization can be called the "Center for the Study of Existential Risk," which I *know* sounds cliche'd, but maybe someone can suggest a better name...?

Their goals would probably be defined like this:

1) to study extreme risks associated with emerging and future technological advances
2) to develop a methodological toolkit to aid us in identifying and evaluating future extreme technological risks (ETRs) in advance
3) to examine issues surrounding the perception and analysis of these risks in the scientific community, the public and civil society, and develop strategies for working fruitfully with industry and policymakers on avoiding risks while making progress on beneficial technologies.
4)  to foster a reflective, interdisciplinary, global community of academics, technologists and policymakers examining individual aspects of ETR

You could even have it based at a university; something like Cambridge University in the UK.

And finally, you could give them a fake website like:
https://www.cser.ac.uk

This organization could be "quest givers" or "expert consultants" or whatever you need that CHESS usually doesn't provide.  Your players will probably perk up expectantly at the mere mention of the name!

(hint: click the link)

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Re: New, scientific organization for V&V
Reply #1 - Mar 15th, 2022 at 10:31pm
Print Post  
Interesting....

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM