Normal Topic Ms. Marvel trailer and song (Read 769 times)
Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Ms. Marvel trailer and song
Mar 15th, 2022 at 8:46pm
Print Post  
Ok, the wokeness is spilling over in this one.  I'm not even talking about the diversity.  Oh, BTW: This is based on an actual comic:
https://screenrant.com/ms-marvel-power-change-comics-diversity-asian-american/

...which I have never heard of.  In fact, when I first saw the trailer, I thought it was fan-made until the logo at the end gave me pause to research it.

So I probably won't be watching this one unless some seriously positive reviews from multiple, credible sources start showing up.

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmI2kQy2Xh8

The trailer music is from the band The Weeknd (sic) and the title is "Blinding Lights."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NRXx6U8ABQ

And finally, here are too many Easter Eggs in less than fifteen minutes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5uVwHjfgyE

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Re: Ms. Marvel trailer and song
Reply #1 - Mar 17th, 2022 at 1:17pm
Print Post  
My daughter has for many years been a huge fan of the Ms. Marvel from comics.

IP Logged

Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #2 - Mar 20th, 2022 at 4:13pm
Print Post  
Are you talking about Carol Danvers?  This is a different Ms. Marvel named Kamala Khan.  When this new comic was first released, Marvel shamelessly marketed it using Ms. Marvel's name.  And the MCU is shamelessly doing the same.  It's like stealing copywrited intellectual property.  Except that it's your own.

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #3 - Apr 7th, 2022 at 4:30pm
Print Post  
My daughter has been a fan of Kamala Khan, collecting dozens of her comic over nearly a decade.

I'm not as familiar with her from comics, but know her well from a mobile game I play called Marvel Strike Force.  She's been in that game for most of the last four years I've played it.

IP Logged

Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #4 - Apr 7th, 2022 at 10:04pm
Print Post  
So...  The real question is: is she a legtit character or is she some kind of stupid affirmative action nonsense?  Sure, your daughter collected thousands of years of the woke propaganda, but does that make it right?  Based on the trailer: I'm willing to give her a chance.  But a chance is all, and what are the chances that woke libtard propaganda will INFECT the story in today's society?

I haven't seen a single "Phase 4" Marvel movie except for "Spider-Man: 2021 release" (no way home or something like that.)  It's because I'm getting mediocre reviews and don't want to waste my time.

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #5 - Apr 8th, 2022 at 6:08pm
Print Post  
Freudian slip (leg/tit instead of legit)?  Shocked

I have not read those comics myself, so I have no idea if it will INFECT past your tinfoil headwear.  Wink

My guess is that Marvel made the character to reach out to the Muslim community (I understand the character has a Muslim background).

Personally, I just find her super-big hands (she uses stretching) annoying and too cartoonish; I believe the character is also an Inhuman and runs around with Lockjaw.

IP Logged

Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Reply #6 - Apr 9th, 2022 at 8:23am
Print Post  
Not sure what kind of "Freudian slip" that would be.  You'll have to study more psychology and let me know.

And there's no "tinfoil headwear" required to see the woke propaganda infecting all forms of entertainment today.  Creativity and story-telling are a thing of the past.  Superman renounced America, for instance.  New World Order, much?  I'm sure everyone already knows that poly-ticks (look!  another "Freudian slip!") and anti-Christianity are the agendas behind so-called "story telling" today.

IP Logged

>