Normal Topic Is the paranormal contagious? (Read 300 times)
Display Name
Justice Leaguer

I Love V&V!

Is the paranormal contagious?
Jan 19th, 2023 at 11:07pm
Print Post  
I think that this was explored more fully in previous "ages" of comics.  Specifically, the Silver and Gold ages.

Superman's pet Jimmy gained the use of a gadget that summoned Superman, for instance.

Lois Lane was always plagued by the supernatural because of her involvement with Superman.

Batman infected several Robins, a Batgirl, Batwoman, etc., to eventually form a "Batman Family."

Spider-Man infected Gwen Stacy and she was killed from her infection.  Mary Jane was also infected and she was traumatized by Venom.

The list goes on.  The paranormal infection is contagious!   Shocked

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Re: Is the paranormal contagious?
Reply #1 - Feb 19th, 2023 at 8:59pm
Print Post  
In my game, all meta powers come from another dimension.  Its called the Imagination, or the dreaming, or the metarealms...

A worm hole, or a ruby thread, connects the metahuman to the metarealm. These conduits have a "gravity" like effect on reality.  Meaning that other minds that in contact with metahumans can create a conduit to the metarealm a sliver of a bit easier due to this "gravity."

So the more these wormholes congregate in an area, the easier it is for others to form.  This is why large cities have large concentrations of metahumans.  And this is why the first one is hard to create, but next thing you know, there are swarms of them.

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

>