Normal Topic The Day of Judgment! (Read 878 times)
John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

The Day of Judgment!
Feb 19th, 2023 at 3:16am
Print Post  
Col Strong and Stormbringer have been testifying to Congress for months now.  Since CHESS has been dissolved, finding missing agents and missing equipment are top priority.

During a high profile televised hearing, the news reports that a major storm as broken out suddenly, causing ships to capsize.  Satellite images show an island sprang up out of the sea.

The island is in the shape of a spire. And its dead center of the Bermuda Triangle.   Congress asks Col Strong and Stormbringer if they can help.

Captain Warlock is enjoying a nice cup of tea with the Beekeeper.  The Beekeeper notices ripples in his cup.  He places the cup on the ground.  He says only a major shift in the Earth's mass could affect Island Zero, as it is a hypernode.  Captain Warlock follows the Beekeeper.  He takes him on an unknown path.

Col Strong is flying a modified Harrier jet.  Stormbringer is in the back seat.  They reach the newly arisen island as fast as possible.   The spire has arisen only 5 miles away from Nacht Island, another impossible island that arose overnight.  Only metahuman activity can account for this.

A rental craft is spotted capsized.  Due to the storm's intensity, rescue ships cannot make it here.   Col Strong slows down and Stormbringer ejects his seat.

Strombringer unfolds his KITE wings and soars on the winds.  His first order of business is to tackle the storm.   Using the powers that he commands, he sooths the hurricane down to a heavy rain.   That will do.  Controlling the winds,  Stormbringer glides down to the ship.

Col Strong recalls that this is the exact spot that the Deep Six Holding Facility was located.  This is confirmed by the debris embedded into the spire. 

Stormbringer sees Devilfish, a former inmate of the Deep Six, attacking survivors of the capsized ship.

He blasts Devilfish with his devitalization ray.  The Devilfish dives underwater. 

Col Strong hovers his jets and jumps into the Atlantic.   He fires his Dessert Eagle five times into Devilfish.

Devilfish holds up his two-pronged spear and launches lightning. 

Captain Warlock emerges from the portal that is located on Nacht Island.  He quickly sees that the island is being overrun by Merfolk.  It seems the raising of this spire is causing havoc to the undersea ecology.

He levitates up and starts saving the humans from drowning.  He telekinetically pulls all the lifeboats off the ship and pushes them towards the groups of survivors.

Col. Strong then gets groped by Man O War.  The humanoid jellyfish tries to poison him with his tendrils.  Stormbringer strafes them with his powerful rays.

Captain Warlock levitates Col Strong to his jet.    Col Strong then flies over and fires at the Merfolk, forcing them off the island and back to the sea.

The trio of heroes fight off Devilfish, Man O War and Deep Blue.

Deep Blue turns out to be more than they thought.  The self-styled "goddess of the sea" ensures Strombringer with her siren song.

Marshal Strong fires sidewinders into Sargasso, a giant seaweed creature.

Captain Warlock restrains Deep Blue.  The Trio then rescues everyone they can and right the ship.  With the storm under control, they call in the coast guard.

Now, what to do?  They decide to fly up and investigate the tower.  The top is above the clouds.  It ends in a 50' concave bowl.  In the center is Judgment, one of the first metahumans created by CHESS.  It seems CHESS's meddling in things it should not be meddling with is still causing problems.

Judgment is sitting on a bench.  In his hand is a gavel. He is looking at blue oval undulating egg shaped body of energy.    His eyes are the same color.

In front of Judgment is the body of Scion.  Scion has been missing for months.  She was last seen battling Judgment on this very spot. 

Captain Warlock opens his mind to the oval energy.  He masters his will and his emotions and finds...everything.

He realizes that this is an aleph.  A point in spacetimes that one can see all of spacetime.  He is tempted to never stop looking.  He pulls himself away and realizes the danger here.  Judgment is in the throes of the meta psychosis!  The whole universe is in danger.

Judgment senses Captain Warlocks thoughts and he draws back his gavel.  Col Strong fires from his jet and sends Judgment back.  Captain Warlock attempts to Mind Whip Judgment, who proves to be to mentally strong.  Stormbringer attempts to tire him out with his rays. 

The teamwork keeps Judgement off balance.  Another volley of machine gun fire sends him over the lip of the bowl atop the spire. 

Judgment stops himself from falling by his will and levitates back up.  Stormbringer keeps up the assault, while Col Strong keeps up the suppressive cover.  Captain Warlock activates his belt, and he becomes Super Strong. 

Knowing he only has one minute of Super Strength; he whirls his cosmic hammer around and aims for Judgment's face.  He makes no bones about it. He is trying for a kill shot. Judgement is once again sent over the edge.  He falls into the sea.

At top speed, Captain Warlock flies after Judgement.  He is stopped by Deep Blue.   She attacks him savagely, and confidently as she is in her element.  She shrugs off Stormbringer's blasts.  Warlock, knowing what is as stake, smashes her away with his enhanced might.  Deep Blue thinks better of this and escapes with her life.

Captain Warlock finds the stunned Judgement and meta whips him.

The attack removes his bond from the Imagination, the realm that is the source of all meta powers.   Judgment is returned from his gigantic sized body to that of Dane Whitman, a 63-year-old ex-judge.   

Captain Warlock offers his hand to the drowning, man.  The man grasps the Moevian Android's outstretched hand.  Captain Warlock pulls him close, and twits his neck, killing him.

Warlock, and Warlock alone understood the danger.  He will accept the consequences of his actions.

To the amazement of the trio, the spire and the aleph remained.

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Re: The Day of Judgment!
Reply #1 - Feb 19th, 2023 at 11:32am
Print Post  
I want that gavel. If I can carry it Smiley

Anticipation of death is worse than death itself -- Steven Segal

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #2 - Feb 19th, 2023 at 12:08pm
Print Post  
Excellent!!

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #3 - Feb 19th, 2023 at 6:31pm
Print Post  
The act of Ending Judgement truly saddened our Beloved Captain. It has also hardened his resolve to spread the understanding of The Universal Truth.

Those wishing to See The light will be tested and either turned away or accepted. The Untrue will not be tolerated as Citizens of Zerovia.

Hala Created the Eldari who in turn seeded the Universe through Her Grace. Those with the Humuruu who can end this perfect existence must be nullified.

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #4 - Feb 19th, 2023 at 8:13pm
Print Post  
I have no idea what you just said.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #5 - Feb 19th, 2023 at 8:38pm
Print Post  
Paul wrote on Feb 19th, 2023 at 8:13pm:

To be fair, you don't know what is going on in V&V most of the time.

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #6 - Feb 20th, 2023 at 4:28pm
Print Post  
Fair and accurate!

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #7 - Feb 20th, 2023 at 9:02pm
Print Post  
Paul wrote on Feb 19th, 2023 at 8:13pm:

Captain Warlock is a bit of a Zealot. He learned the history of life from Gary The Elder Thing. The Eldari seeded the planets with beings. He twists it a bit as he believes Hala the Moevian Godess created the Eldari.

This is what He calls The Universal Truth

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #8 - Feb 20th, 2023 at 9:07pm
Print Post  
You lost me at Zealot.

Just keep telling me where to point my rays.

IP Logged

>