Normal Topic Rose (Read 681 times)
THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Rose
Mar 25th, 2023 at 4:24pm
Print Post  
Identity: Rose                           Level: 2 (+1-1)
Side: Her Family/Brambles         Sex: Female
Experience: 2312                            Occupation:Farmer
Skills:                                      Clearance:      

1. Dodge -6 To Be Hit
2. Tumble
3. Charm +2 Cha Rolls
4. Farming
5. Healing
6. Cooking
7. Sewing
8. Riding
9. Survival Wilderness
10. Hiding
11. Observation +10% or +2
12. Bow x2  +3 To Hit
13. Bowyer/Fletcher
14. Contacts: Brambles
15. Singing
16. Reading/Writing
17. Wrestling +1 -1 ( 2 Pts Variable)
18. Ambidextrous
19. Numismatics
20. Swimming
22. Animal Husbandry
23. Prestidigitation
24. Knotting

Weight: 120    Basic Hits: 2.4     Agility Mod: +2
Strength:15                             Intelligence:16
Endurance:16                          Agility:18
Charisma:17                            Will:16
Humanity: 13                           Wealth: 12
Hit Mods:(1.4)x(1.8)x(1.2)x(1.9)x(1.2)= 6.95       Hits:16
Healing:.96                                    Power:80
Inventing:3.2                                 Movement:49
Carry: 299 lbs                                 HTH:1D6
Damage Mod:+2+1=1=4        Accuracy:+3+2=5

Det. Hidden:14% (24%)     Det. Danger:18% (28%)

Items
Bow +4 (+13) to Hit, HTH +1 Dam (36 Arrows)
5 Daggers +2 (+8) to Hit, HTH +1D4 Dam
Staff +2 (+8) to Hit, HTH +1D4 Dam
Bullwhip +2 (+8) to Hit, HTH +1D4 Dam
2 Shortswords +2 (+8) to Hit, HTH +1D6 Dam
2 Tomahawks +2 (+8) to Hit, HTH +1D6 Dam
Riding Horse, Saddle, Bridle Etc
Back Pack
2 Blanket
Belt Pouch
2 Clothing with Hidden Pockets
Utensils, Pot, 2 Waterskin
Healers Kit
Tinder Box
Quill, Ink, Parchment
Hairbrush, Scissors, Soap,Washcloth
100' Rope
Sewing Kit
Candles 8
Cloak with Hidden Pockets (Green and Grey)
2 Belt Pouch
2 Riding Pouch
« Last Edit: Jun 9th, 2023 at 8:14pm by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Re: Rose
Reply #1 - Mar 25th, 2023 at 7:20pm
Print Post  
"Where is Father?" Rose would ask.  " He went to Tash with the Fae and His Friends to be Honored as a Hero Dear" Her Mother Shae would respond without looking at Her.

It went on this way for some time. Rose would ask and Shae would evade a direct response. After some time she would ask Her Brothers and Sisters. More Evasions, sometimes outright Lies. Thorn made them all Swear to Protect Rose before he last left. That Oath extended in many, many ways.

Eventually Rose grew tired of the vague responses and roundabout lies. She would throw tantrums and sometimes throw Vases as well. The most Beautiful Rose was becoming a Beast.

Weeks turned to Months, Months to years. Everyone on The Farm, Family and Hands alike, would step lightly around Rose. Little did any of them realize that their attempts at kindness were in fact so very, very cruel.

In the spring of Her tenth year Rose simply decided to leave and find Her Father, Thorn. She awoke early, left a note on the kitchen table of the common house explaining she would return soon with Father. She went to the stables, saddled her Mare and set off into the forest.

Her Mother Shae, as usual, was the first to wake. She found the note and called for The Boys to find her Baby! Only the twins Rodrik and Fredrik came quickly and they headed to the stables to saddle their own steeds. Rose had several hours head start and it had not rained in some time, tracks would be hard to come by.

Rose knew the local woods around the Farm but she was now well out of that area. The trees were thick and the sun was just beginning to rise so it was still quite dark. Rose was used to the sounds of the outdoors but that was when she had someone to protect her. Now every noise was a threat, every move of a branch a pending attack. She was so engrossed with the shadows to her right she never saw the shadow to her left.

Shane came from nowhere and took the reins of her mare. He said nothing. Rose was somewhere between relieved and outraged but for once kept her mouth closed. He led them back to his own mount and headed back to the farm in Silence.

Several hours later they both rode back to the main stable and dismounted. Now after all these hours Rose had built up quite a bit to say and since she was back in her own element she would certainly let Shane know she planned on going back tomorrow and finding Father. " Let me tell you Sha..."

His name never made it past Her lips.  Shane turned and backhanded Rose hard enough to knock Her to the ground. Her mouth and nose were bleeding in unison. " You selfish Bitch!" "How dare you put your Mother to such a fright!" Rose could not believe what was happening. No one ever yelled at her before.

Shane took a breath and continued. " All of us, your brothers and sisters, lost family to the Chaos Dragon before you were ever born. We have all known Horrors and Suffering. Father found us on the road and took us in. Gave us hope and a home. We have all lost fathers twice now." Shanes voice sounded odd and he was not facing Rose. " I am truly sorry we have not been honest with you for the last three years but Father is gone and He is not returning. I believe you have known this as well and you have simply hidden this truth behind anger instead of coming to terms with the reality. I am sorry I am the one to make the hard decision and now the next hard decision is yours. You can move forward with your life and be a member of this Family or you can continue on this self destructive path of Anger and Rage". And with that Shane left the stables.

Rose stood up. She was reeling from both Shanes words and his blow. That was the most he had ever said in one sitting. It was also the first and last time he used the word "Father" in front of Her.

« Last Edit: Mar 25th, 2023 at 7:30pm by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

Paul
Galactus

It's all about blowin'
shit up.

Reply #2 - Mar 25th, 2023 at 11:13pm
Print Post  
You are the only one I know that always has skills that I don't know what they mean, or I can't pronounce them.

Anticipation of death is worse than death itself -- Steven Segal

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #3 - Mar 26th, 2023 at 9:14am
Print Post  
Paul wrote on Mar 25th, 2023 at 11:13pm:
You are the only one I know that always has skills that I don't know what they mean, or I can't pronounce them.

That one was Johns suggestion. I will go with the assumption she is the first PC with this skill in the known Universe.  Wink

nu·mis·mat·ics
noun
the study or collection of coins, paper currency, and medal
s.
« Last Edit: Mar 26th, 2023 at 9:15am by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #4 - Mar 26th, 2023 at 9:36am
Print Post  
  The following morning the Men were gathered at the breakfast table in the Common House. Rodrik, Fredrik and Shane were preparing for their day when Rose burst into the room. She was carrying a short sword, handaxe and daggers in her arms. Rose was wearing Fredriks Mail Shirt and Rodriks Helm. Slung across her back was Shanes Horn Bow and a quiver of arrows. Rose would have looked comical except for the Steadfast look in Her eyes. She tossed the items in her arms onto the table scattering food and Brothers alike.

Rose drew in a Breath and simply said " Teach Me."

« Last Edit: Mar 26th, 2023 at 9:37am by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #5 - Mar 26th, 2023 at 6:23pm
Print Post  
For three years Rose learned skills from Her Brothers as well as Her Sisters, Mother and the Hands. Several weeks after Her thirteenth Birthday Shane told Her they would be travelling to Tash  on business for some time.

Shane knew Rose had excelled in Her training on the farm and surrounding woodlands but She had no experience with "Polite Society". This would need to change if She were to prepare for a Goal She did not yet know She desired.

They booked rooms and meals at the Loaf and Onion and Shane instructed Rose to stay put in the common room and only speak to the serving staff. She could order meals as She chose but do not engage in conversation with anyone else but them. He would return later that evening before bedtime.

Rose ordered several small meals and even requested Ale which she did not enjoy. After some time a young man approached Her and struck up a conversation. His name was Gildon and he was a Troubadour on His way to the Capital. Gildon was tall and handsome and had such wonderful stories. He invited Rose back to His rooms for s special one on one performance but first He needed to use the Privy.

Rose was so excited about the special performance and so devastated when Gildon did not return.

Shane appeared some time later and asked her how Her evening had been. Rose told Him the entire story including Her visit from Gildon. " I see" He said. " Please be careful of strangers. I asked you to only speak to the serving staff and no others. I do not recall giving you permission to order Ale. Alcohol will cloud your judgement and you are not yet defended against that. When we return you will spend a month drinking each night before bed with Fredrik. That should help you build an understanding. Now finish your meal and off to bed with you."

Outside two of the older Brambles had just finished with Gildon. They had dislocated both of his small fingers. One to teach him to never approach a Sister of Shane Thornson. The other so that he would never forget the first lesson.

« Last Edit: Mar 26th, 2023 at 6:37pm by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #6 - Mar 29th, 2023 at 2:14pm
Print Post  
Excellent.

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #7 - Apr 9th, 2023 at 5:55pm
Print Post  
  Rose had awoken early and was heading outside for some Archery practice when Her Mother Shae entered the common room. " Not today Dear. Today we will be cooking."

"I know how to cook Mother." Rose responded and continued toward the front door. " No Rose, you CAN cook but today and every third day of the week we will give you a greater understanding of how and why we cook".

Shae rarely raised her voice, she did not need to. She had a commanding enough personality. Rose knew Her Mother was going to win any argument and this must be important. "Yes Mother. " Rose said as she set the Bow in the corner of the common room.

They entered the kitchen and Shae began. " We start with bread every meal for a reason. Wheat is the most common and easiest crop to grow here. It fills stomachs which means we have to use less meat at the end of the meal. It was said you Great Great Grandmother could cast healing spells and studied much about the Human body."

Rose never knew these things. She simply knew how to bake and that bread came first in the meal. She certainly knew nothing about any spells or a Great Great Grandmother.

Shae continued " Vegetables come next and fruit always at the end. We make the fruit into cakes and pies and sometimes just leave it on its own. Fruit will stop our men from getting Scurvy and vegetables keeps the fat from their bellies."

" We always have some type of meat or fish as the main course." Her Mother explained. " Chicken and Pork being the most common and sometimes Trout from the River. Lamb and Cow are for special occasions. We do not wish slaughter our Cows or Sheep often as we also need them for milk and wool.

" Never name a herd animal, ' Shae advised " At some point they will most likely be a part of you dinner one day. I learned that as a child the hard way when I took a baby pig as a pet. My Father warned me but I did not listen. A year later he slaughtered him for Holly Day Dinner. "

Rose was learning much today and looked forward to more cooking lessons with Mother. " Name the dogs and cats, even the horses if you like but not the livestock. Remember, They are nothing more than Livestock .....
« Last Edit: Apr 9th, 2023 at 6:04pm by THE ONI »  

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #8 - Apr 12th, 2023 at 7:59pm
Print Post  
  Loren, Tula and Rose would spend evenings together practicing their needle work, singing and many other skills. Loren was the expert seamstress and her work was both beautiful and functional. "Sneaky" if you asked Rose. Loren would sew hidden pockets into all the garments, she was in fact the Daughter of Thorn. She taught these skills to Rose as well. Inner sheaths for daggers, hidden pockets in arm sleeves for coin. She was no fool.

Tula loved to Sing. She said it was to make the Gods smile and it also helped pass the time. She used it to calm the animals and sometimes the humans on the farm as well. Tula was a very proper young lady but she also knew some rather "Off color" ballads to boot. Rose loved those and planned on using them in her future .

IP Logged

THE ONI
Galactus

I Roll Too Many 20's

Reply #9 - Apr 12th, 2023 at 8:09pm
Print Post  
  In Roses 13th year the family spent a week outside of Tash for the spring festival. Merchants and performers gathered in hundreds of tents selling the wares and their shows. It was then that She first saw Anya Oakleaf and her amazing bullwhip skills!!

Rose was so taken she had one made for herself and began to practice regularly. It was a weapon but also could be used to intimidate without actually causing harm. The sound alone would make others back off. It could be used as a short rope to aid in a climb and even be used to wrap around a limb and off balance an opponent. Yes, this would be a formidable weapon to master she thought.

IP Logged

>