Normal Topic Yggrasil The World Ash (Read 801 times)
John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Yggrasil The World Ash
Jun 12th, 2009 at 2:57pm
Print Post  
  Snorri STuurlsun wrote about the Wordl Ash, or Yggrasil in his Prose Edda in the 13th century.  By this point  it was already a part of Norse Mythology.   What he described was a great tree whose branches reached into the heavens, and whose roots decendended to the underworld.  It was a very beautiful and inspired description of a long cherished myth.   The orginal visionaries who glimpsed Yggrasil  interpreted what they had seen in ways they could understand.    As such, its a flawed understanding.
  What these unknown prophets saw was the spaces between universes, the cracks in creation.   The pathways  between the worlds could be looked on as a tree branchs, roots, stems, and things sticking out in all directions. 
   Scientists today are starting to undestand the spaces between spaces.   Harold Van Irye AKA the Quidnunk is the top expect in interdimensiol physics.   On Prince Drakker Island he created an engine powered by cold fusion that and physically send someone to other worlds, other branches in the World Ash.    Van Iry says the idea of Nine Worlds is preposterous, that the number may be infinite.

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Re: Yggrasil The World Ash
Reply #1 - Jul 4th, 2009 at 9:12pm
Print Post  
The first alternate reality discovered is the world of Arcadia.
« Last Edit: Aug 12th, 2010 at 8:02pm by John »  

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Re: Yggrasil The World Ash
Reply #2 - Aug 12th, 2010 at 8:21pm
Print Post  
Recently,  the alternate world of Aearth was discovered.

IP Logged

>