Normal Topic Character assistance is needed desparately. (Read 1403 times)
Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Character assistance is needed desparately.
Sep 9th, 2009 at 10:12pm
Print Post  
Could someone please PM the background info on
CENTURIAN and ANIMAN from Battle above the Earth. I can't find my module for it... I can't find my module for the Great Iridium Con either. So I may need to hit you guys up with the background info for some of those chara until I can find my mods or purchase new ones.

Oh... and speaking of chara I want.
Could someone also PM the characters and their backgrounds from "Break In At Three Kilometer Island"? I could care less if you scan the pages and PM with that. I just am dying to know who those chara are... they are the only ones I have ever been missing (well... possibly some ones from Magazine articles but I could care less about them).

Thanks.

G7

IP Logged

Doctor Foom
Justice Leaguer

Silver Age relic

Re: Character assistance is needed desparately.
Reply #1 - Sep 9th, 2009 at 11:16pm
Print Post  
Hey G7,

If no one has it, you can buy it here:

http://www.waynesbooks.net/?page=shop/flypage&product_id=352901&keyword=VILLAINS...

Good luck

IP Logged

The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Reply #2 - Oct 8th, 2009 at 9:48pm
Print Post  
Has anyone PM the info yet?  I have both Battle above the Earth and Great Iridium Con.  Let me know what you need and I will PM you this weekend.

V&V character creation is too much fun.
                                     - Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM
http://vav-megalopolis-pbem.blogspot.com/

IP Logged

Hammer
Justice Leaguer

Stranger in a Stranger
Land

Reply #3 - Oct 10th, 2009 at 12:23am
Print Post  
Yes I sent them a while back.

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #4 - Oct 12th, 2009 at 10:54pm
Print Post  
Yeah I got them from Hammer.

Anyone have all of "Break In At Three Kilometer Island"?
I would love to have this.

G7

IP Logged

The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Reply #5 - Oct 13th, 2009 at 9:18am
Print Post  
I have it on order.  When I get it I will send you scans of it.

Any chance of you sharing Opponents Unlimited, the G7 improved version?

V&V character creation is too much fun.
                                     - Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM
http://vav-megalopolis-pbem.blogspot.com/

IP Logged

Guardian7
Avenger

VOLCANO MAN!!!

Reply #6 - Oct 13th, 2009 at 3:21pm
Print Post  
Well I can post most of what I have changed in the Opponents Unlimited section. As most of the changes I made were pretty radical (Though they still were the same characters - just improved stats and of course new visuals).
I doubt posting my version of the characters is any sort of copyright infringement.
Besides... to be honest. I highly doubt that Villains and Vigilantes will ever get off the ground again (Sorry... times/fads and game systems have changed too much). Irregardless of what the owner of said material thinks he is sitting on... He waited too long, essentially dropping the ball - his only decent chance with any of the material is (Possibly) within the context of a video game... and he may not have the rights to do any more than what the mods said and frankly I feel he certainly lacks the imagination to do anything more with the material than what the original creators already did. Harsh I know... but honest. If he truely had the wherewithall to actually do something with it... it wouldn't and shouldn't have come 25yrs later. I.E. now... if the value he places on the material (as stated in other posts... the outrageous price for "no value" material), he is crazy. The only value is to the fans of the material (and game) and how many of us are there? Even the V&V Yahoo group only has maybe a max of 500 members. That certainly isn't enough to create a overinflated value he placed on it. Makes me laugh to think he could prop that kind of tag on it. (Frankly I hope he is reading this, cause I would laugh in his face as readily as I am laughing now writing this)
We have the system. I could post every single character from the mods with minor alternations and of course new name changes (and visuals if I was inclined) and everyone would never have a need for the mods. Most of which were (storywise) lackluster (certainly requiring touch ups).
He may own the "actual" game copyrights... but we the fans are the ones that actually "own" the game.
LOL... okay... off the soapbox.

So yeah... I would be more than happy to put out my versions of chara from Unlimited Opponents (Wink!).

Hopefully I can get it done by the weekend.

Cya
G7

IP Logged

>