Normal Topic Ice-Cold Defense without Ice Armor (Read 1329 times)
polarboy
Justice Leaguer

Ice-Cold Defense without Ice Armor
Sep 14th, 2009 at 8:08pm
Print Post  
The revised rules masterfully describe the mechanics for generating ice armor (resembling Iceman from the X-Men).

Because of the cumbersome movement cost involved in maintaining armor, I give ice-powered characters the option instead of using an armorless cold defense (as employed by a number of DC characters, and closely matching the original rules, p. 27).

With this option, the character's body automatically generates a cold defense, defending as Ice Powers on the combat chart but without the ability to create ice armor. There is no PR cost or movement cost for this defense.

Ice attacks still follow the revised rules.
« Last Edit: Sep 14th, 2009 at 10:01pm by polarboy »  

IP Logged

Hammer
Justice Leaguer

Stranger in a Stranger
Land

Re: Ice-Cold Defense without Ice Armor
Reply #1 - Sep 15th, 2009 at 11:06pm
Print Post  
Nice, this power was one of the main questions I had when I joined this board... Ice can be an Uberpower... in a one on one fight, Ice Armor is one bad defense.  Not only does it defend to prevent hits, it absorbs a ton of damage, almost unlimited, using only movement to replenish.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #2 - Nov 4th, 2009 at 5:08pm
Print Post  
This brings me to a new thread idea,Taming Ice Powers .
« Last Edit: Nov 4th, 2009 at 5:14pm by John »  

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

polarboy
Justice Leaguer

Reply #3 - Nov 20th, 2009 at 9:22pm
Print Post  
Here's an option I allow either as a Body Power or as a special Animal Power. I'm posting it here because it loosely relates to this topic, and I haven't seen it written up before.

Fur: The character automatically defends as Adaption against cold/ice attacks and resists between-turn-damaged when encased in ice. PR = 0.

Visually the power resembles the Beast (Hank Mccoy) and Sasquatch (Walter Langkowski).

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #4 - Nov 21st, 2009 at 1:22pm
Print Post  
polarboy wrote on Nov 20th, 2009 at 9:22pm:
Here's an option I allow either as a Body Power or as a special Animal Power. I'm posting it here because it loosely relates to this topic, and I haven't seen it written up before.

Fur: The character automatically defends as Adaption against cold/ice attacks and resists between-turn-damaged when encased in ice. PR = 0.

Visually the power resembles the Beast (Hank Mccoy) and Sasquatch (Walter Langkowski).

I just saw this over on a website/blog (I think it is called "Powers and Possibilities").  Is that your website, polarboy?

It's a cool website that has gathered many of the nifty alternate ideas presented here.

IP Logged

polarboy
Justice Leaguer

Reply #5 - Nov 21st, 2009 at 2:21pm
Print Post  
Majestic wrote on Nov 21st, 2009 at 1:22pm:
I just saw this over on a website/blog (I think it is called "Powers and Possibilities").  Is that your website, polarboy?It's a cool website that has gathered many of the nifty alternate ideas presented here.

Yep, it's my site. Some of the power options and alternate rules I've suggested here appear there as well.

http://powersandpossibilities.blogspot.com/

There's a link at the bottom of the landing page back to this forum, where we can all share and compare our ideas.
« Last Edit: Nov 21st, 2009 at 2:22pm by polarboy »  

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #6 - Jan 3rd, 2024 at 3:10am
Print Post  
Bump

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM