Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Character Help (Read 2521 times)
Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Character Help
Oct 14th, 2009 at 10:13am
Print Post  
I recently posted the fact that I am trying to fet my friends to step away from Champions for a while and dust off the old V&V stuff.  Well since it has been a while, I would like to ask for some assistance with a character idea. If i post info on the character would any of you be willing to give me your interpretation on him in V&V?  I have enjoyed the treatment that the characters I have seen on this site have gotten. Let me know what you think and if anyone is willing to help an old guy I'll post the background/powers of Avatar.
He is a character I have been playing in Champions.
« Last Edit: Oct 14th, 2009 at 10:15am by Avatar »  

If something seems to good to be true, it's best to shoot it,just to be safe
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Re: Character Help
Reply #1 - Oct 14th, 2009 at 10:30am
Print Post  
Fire away. Also are you aware that they published rules for converting Champions and Superworld charters to V&V?
« Last Edit: Oct 14th, 2009 at 10:30am by dsumner »  

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #2 - Oct 14th, 2009 at 1:05pm
Print Post  
No I wasnt aware of that I have the rule for convertin V&V to Champs but going bacward with said rules does'nt work well

Avatar.txt ( 2 KB | 14 Downloads )

IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #3 - Oct 14th, 2009 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
I just posted a notebook atachment with his background
I appologise if the atachment  looks weird. This is my daughters comp. and it formated to the size of a regular notebook paper but when i open it on line it sends the paragraph out to like a few lines.
Sorry I'm a little computer slow lol
« Last Edit: Oct 14th, 2009 at 1:15pm by Avatar »  

IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #4 - Oct 14th, 2009 at 1:12pm
Print Post  
The spirit forms I posted pics of in G7's art forum. Useing tose pics can you come up with anything?

IP Logged

Skydiver
Teen Titan

Reply #5 - Oct 14th, 2009 at 1:41pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Known Superhuman Powers: Derek seems to have the ability to open himself to the spirit realm of the Native American cultures. When he does, he allows the spirits to step into our physical world. While the spirit is here Derek enters the spirits world. He also seems to be able to talk to the spirit of his dead Great-Grandfather Running-Wind.

Can you be a little more specific with the powers?
1- When the "swap" occurs, what happens? Do you play the spirit in the real world? What powers does the spirit have? Is it a single spirit or several spirits?
2-Talk to GF spirit? What does that accomplish? do you get answers to questions or special insights into things? what else?

IP Logged

Skydiver
Teen Titan

Reply #6 - Oct 14th, 2009 at 1:54pm
Print Post  
Just saw the pictures for the spirits in the other thread. Are there only three spirit forms? (earth, air, water)
Can you access your GF spirit when in those forms?

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #7 - Oct 14th, 2009 at 4:35pm
Print Post  
At the moment, I'm thinking of Transformation: Shape Change: Alternate Form as his primary power. As for names, how does Ghost Walker sound?

YIM  
IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #8 - Oct 14th, 2009 at 5:00pm
Print Post  
Reformatted to make it easier to read:

Legal Status: Citizen of the United States with no criminal record
Other Aliases: None
Place of Birth: Chicago, Illinois
Date of Birth: July 24,1990
Marital Status: Single
Known Relatives:  Keith (father, deceased), Margaret (mother, deceased), Elisa (older sister), James "Running Wind" (great-grandfather, deceased), Catherine (grandmother)
Group Affiliation: None
Base of Operations: Bloomington, Indiana

History:
     Derek's father was an Illinois State Trooper, his mother an Emergency Room nurse. He spent a normal childhood growing up in suburban Chicago. Every summer, his parents would send he and his sister to visit his paternal grandmother and her father. They live on the Alamo Band Reservation in New Mexico. Although his grand mother lived in the modern age, her father always tried to keep the old ways alive. Running Wind was considered thevillage shaman. His daughter was a storyteller who took in all the local children as if they were her own. Bothe were well respected by their friends and neighbors. James was always upset that his grandson left the job of local law enforcement to go to the big city. Sometimes just the kids would visit the res, sometimes the whole family. The year that Derek turned 10 his father left the force to join the FBI. He was killed in the line of duty two years later. Six months later Running Wind passed away. He left his home and possessions not to his daughter but his great grandson Derek. Derek moved all his things to his parents home in Chicago. Now a med student at Indiana University, his sister has just been made one of the youngest detectives on the New York Police force.
     Just recently Derek has started having strange dreams about the stories his grandmother would tell. He believes that it just has to do with the stress of school and missing his family. He has taken to useing methods of meditation that his great-grandfather had taught him. Unknown to him, they are ways to converse with the spirit world,and ward his dreams from evil spirits.

Height: 6'  4"
Weight: 230 lbs.
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Black

Strength Level: Avatar has the normal human strength level of a man his age, height, and build who engages in light regular exercise. (Weekly Gym visits.)
Known Superhuman Powers: Derek seems to have the ability to open himself to the spirit realm of the Native American cultures. When he does, he allows the spirits to step into our physical world. While the spirit is here Derek enters the spirits world. He also seems to be able to talk to the spirit of his dead Great-Grandfather Running-Wind.

IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #9 - Oct 14th, 2009 at 9:00pm
Print Post  
When swap occurs i play the spirit. derek is in the other world.
there are only three spirits only 1 can be in our world at any time.
He can only talk to ggrandfather while he is in the real world. he acts as a source of advice and rarely gives clues when player cant figure them out himself

IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #10 - Oct 14th, 2009 at 9:07pm
Print Post  
each form has its own "powers" earth spirit is basicly a minotaur with a bison head. so he's a large brick his side power is healing others and he is mostly nonviolent a pacifist.

air is a bird guy who is mute. he can only speak when touching a person( one on one telepathy) bird like vision and some weather summoning (ala the thunder, lightning and rain)

water is a shark humanoid with bite attack and ability to use water as a blast attack. he can summon sharks to do his bidding (like aquaman)  the water spirit doesnt like the other two and they are aware of each other. each is limited in amount of time they can be on earth

IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #11 - Apr 14th, 2010 at 3:21pm
Print Post  
Unfortunately this character died in a recent game session thanks for the help guys

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #12 - Apr 14th, 2010 at 3:28pm
Print Post  
First off, it's good to see you posting again. It's to bad, about your character. How'd he die? And do you have a replacement for him yet?

YIM  
IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #13 - Apr 15th, 2010 at 2:07pm
Print Post  
Sorry to hear about Avatar's demise.  Let us know if we can help with his replacement!

Great to have you posting again!    Smiley

IP Logged

Avenger

I Love Comic's and RP.
V&V got me started

Reply #14 - May 2nd, 2010 at 2:56pm
Print Post  
Yes I have a replacement for him. I have been discussing him in G7's art thread. I know not the right place for it. I am looking for an artist to help with the image for him. This one is a lot easier than the Spirit guy he is basically a Batman type

IP Logged

>