Normal Topic You know you are hooked on V&V if ..... (Read 646 times)
The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

You know you are hooked on V&V if .....
Nov 18th, 2009 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
I finally saw the movie "Wolverine:Origins"  In the big attack scene on the African Cartel, I wasn't thinking "Agent Zero is cool!" and "I don't remember Wade being that fast".

I was "Wow look at Mercury Mercenary taking down all thoses guards!!" and "So that is how Saberdance would look like in combat."

V&V character creation is too much fun.
                                     - Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM
http://vav-megalopolis-pbem.blogspot.com/

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Re: You know you are hooked on V&V if .....
Reply #1 - Nov 18th, 2009 at 3:55pm
Print Post  
The Cougar wrote on Nov 18th, 2009 at 3:32pm:
I finally saw the movie "Wolverine:Origins"  In the big attack scene on the African Cartel, I wasn't thinking "Agent Zero is cool!" and "I don't remember Wade being that fast".

I was "Wow look at Mercury Mercenary taking down all thoses guards!!" and "So that is how Saberdance would look like in combat."

LOL! That's too funny, Coug.

Last night - as we were watching GI Joe - I almost turned to my son and made a comment about how the chick with the invisibility cloak just did really well (and fought super effective), considering she only was getting a +1/-1 bonus!  (the only reason I didn't was because he had a date over and I didn't want to embarrass him with "gamer talk").    Grin

IP Logged

eLock
Sidekick

I Love V&V!

Reply #2 - Nov 19th, 2009 at 8:43pm
Print Post  
I'm not sure if this is exactly what you're getting at, but after the first X-film I remember thinking that Hugh Jackman's Wolverine seems to spend power points (or even lose a hit point) every time he takes out his claws; early in the film Rogue asks him if it hurts when he does that. He replies, "Every time."

In the second film, when Wolverine is shot unconscious, I liked watching how Wolverine's regeneration appeared on camera.

With Storm, even people who never played V&V saw that Ororo had to take time to alter the weather conditions before she could attack. That "one action" delay in the film seemed more V&V than Storm's powers often seemed in the comics.

The second film also captured Nightcrawler's several actions per turn (via heightened agility) better than I could have imagined.

With each of these examples, I wasn't going out of my way to try to look at the film in V&V terms; but a few workable moments stood out.

The movie versions of those X-Men would actually be kind of fun to stat into V&V.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #3 - Nov 19th, 2009 at 8:45pm
Print Post  
  I always stat out the powers of characters in movies.  Look at my Avatar the Last Airbender thread for an example.   I can't help it.  I remember watching Akira when Paulie said that the creature didn't have telekineses but was attacking with Force Feilds!  Then we discussed the rules for its' powers.

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

>