Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) What Superhero Powers Do You Want to See in V&V? (Read 4954 times)
Dyna Girl
Sidekick

recovering sidekick

What Superhero Powers Do You Want to See in V&V?
Nov 23rd, 2009 at 4:23am
Print Post  
I've been scrolling over the forum and seeing that V&V actually tackled more powers than I realized. But there still seem to be a lot of classic powers that weren't in the rules that the game doesn't appear to have touched on.

My top choice of a power I'd like to see: Living Hair
It's mentioned as a body power in both editions. But I don't see any heroes or villains with Medusa's unique powers.

Anybody have any others on their super-powers wish list?

« Last Edit: Nov 23rd, 2009 at 4:25am by Dyna Girl »  

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Re: What Superhero Powers Do You Want to See in V&V?
Reply #1 - Nov 23rd, 2009 at 8:24am
Print Post  
I'll have to dig back through the modules and put a list together, but off of the top of my head, I'd have to say a gadgets power. I've got my own homebrew version, that's based on the 1st edition "Gimmicks" power (it's over in the house rules thread).

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

Doctor Foom
Justice Leaguer

Silver Age relic

Reply #2 - Nov 23rd, 2009 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
Multiple Man's ability to create duplicates.

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #3 - Nov 23rd, 2009 at 6:14pm
Print Post  
Dyna Girl wrote on Nov 23rd, 2009 at 4:23am:
I've been scrolling over the forum and seeing that V&V actually tackled more powers than I realized. But there still seem to be a lot of classic powers that weren't in the rules that the game doesn't appear to have touched on.

My top choice of a power I'd like to see: Living Hair
It's mentioned as a body power in both editions. But I don't see any heroes or villains with Medusa's unique powers.

Anybody have any others on their super-powers wish list?

Body Power: Prehensile Hair.

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

Dyna Girl
Sidekick

recovering sidekick

Reply #4 - Nov 24th, 2009 at 10:26pm
Print Post  
John, thanks for the stab at prehensile hair. Always thought it would make a good power for a guy to have stretchable and retractable whiskers. He could go from clean-shaven to five-o'clock-shadow in a flash. And attack villains with his ever stretachable beard.

DF, one of the characters in Search for the Sensei has the ability to make multiples. PR = 10. I don't have the module on hand but I know its available to order online.

IP Logged

Doctor Foom
Justice Leaguer

Silver Age relic

Reply #5 - Nov 25th, 2009 at 11:13am
Print Post  
Dyna Girl wrote on Nov 24th, 2009 at 10:26pm:
John, thanks for the stab at prehensile hair. Always thought it would make a good power for a guy to have stretchable and retractable whiskers. He could go from clean-shaven to five-o'clock-shadow in a flash. And attack villains with his ever stretachable beard.

DF, one of the characters in Search for the Sensei has the ability to make multiples. PR = 10. I don't have the module on hand but I know its available to order online.

Thanks.
I think ZZ Top had Living Beards.

IP Logged

Dyna Girl
Sidekick

recovering sidekick

X-Ray Vision?
Reply #6 - Nov 26th, 2009 at 11:36am
Print Post  
One more thing.

It never made sense that we see a hero with x-ray vision on the back cover of the rules, but heightened senses doesn't list it as an option inside. It would have been pretty easy to spec out.

Maybe it was an oversight. Maybe they thought it would be redundant. Maybe they thought it's so easy to write up that they didn't write a description for it.

Not sure how I'd calculate the range. Would and object's SR limit how far a character could see through a thick wall? Would lead stop it completely? Would it take an action to use or only movement? The PR would be low.

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #7 - Nov 26th, 2009 at 12:05pm
Print Post  
I'd say a PR of 1, the character would have to list some type of material that would stop it, and range would be limited to vision (what the GM would agree a normal person could see).
« Last Edit: Sep 30th, 2010 at 2:55pm by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #8 - Nov 26th, 2009 at 12:54pm
Print Post  
I have giving it this;
X Ray Vision: Pr=1 per turn.  +4 to hit, x4 detections when applicable.   Can see through materials.  Lead or similiar types of materials limit it or stop it completly.  Normal range of vision.

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #9 - Nov 26th, 2009 at 1:55pm
Print Post  
John wrote on Nov 26th, 2009 at 12:54pm:
I have giving it this;
X Ray Vision: Pr=1 per turn.  +4 to hit, x4 detections when applicable.   Can see through materials.  Lead or similiar types of materials limit it or stop it completly.  Normal range of vision.

Sounds good to me.

YIM  
IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #10 - Nov 26th, 2009 at 7:33pm
Print Post  
Yeah, that's weird about X-ray vision.  In fact, I can't recall ever seeing a character (in all my years of V&V) with this ability!

Re: ZZ Top, they just played this week across the street from where I work.  I saw them once in the 80's and would love to see them again someday.  Those bears are cool!

The Search for the Sensei character was Dowager, I think.

John, good write-up for x-ray vision!

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #11 - Nov 26th, 2009 at 7:43pm
Print Post  
One power I think would be nice to see (as we've talked about in other threads) would be some kind of webbing or entanglement power.

IP Logged

Rick
Apprentice

Reply #12 - Dec 4th, 2009 at 8:36pm
Print Post  
Majestic wrote on Nov 26th, 2009 at 7:43pm:
One power I think would be nice to see (as we've talked about in other threads) would be some kind of webbing or entanglement power. 

I think polarboy has a whole thread of V&V characters with powers like this over in the Citadel. Like a lot of things in the game, no two versions are exactly the same, but it's still there.
« Last Edit: Dec 4th, 2009 at 8:37pm by Rick »  

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #13 - Dec 5th, 2009 at 7:33pm
Print Post  
Rick wrote on Dec 4th, 2009 at 8:36pm:
Majestic wrote on Nov 26th, 2009 at 7:43pm:

I think polarboy has a whole thread of V&V characters with powers like this over in the Citadel. Like a lot of things in the game, no two versions are exactly the same, but it's still there.

Yeah, I saw those, and there's some good ideas there.  For me it still fits as one of those things that I felt was missing from the powers lists in V&V (note that Living Legends included this power, which indicates that at least Jeff Dee seems to have realized that they missed it).

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #14 - Dec 12th, 2009 at 10:35pm
Print Post  
I'm also going to toss in my vote for some type of Entanglement/Snare power. I'd also like to see some form of increased density, and Mental/Mind/Psychic Blast. Both are pretty common powers in comics.

YIM  
IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #15 - Dec 12th, 2009 at 10:42pm
Print Post  
dsumner wrote on Dec 12th, 2009 at 10:35pm:
I'm also going to toss in my vote for some type of Entanglement/Snare power. I'd also like to see some form of increased density, and Mental/Mind/Psychic Blast. Both are pretty common powers in comics. 

From my house rules ( click on the words HALL OF JUSTICE)

Psionics:   Mental blast:  Pr =3 as mind control.  The attacker rolls Id20.   The  lower the better.  The damage is equal to how far the d20 is from the character’s Intelligence.   Ex:  Mr. Brain has an I of 35. He shoots Dunder Man and hits with a mental blast.  Mr. Brain rolls d 20 and gets a ten.  This is 25 under his Int and does 25 points of damage!   

Density Control:  This power alters a character’s density.  They can become immaterial or diamond hard, or any point in-between.   The character spends 0 movement and 1 power point per turn PER 1 point of invulnerability and 100lbs of mass added to the character.  For 1 point per turn the character can become Non Corporeal.  A super dense character gains carrying capacity, as well as weight but NOT hits.  They also suffer a temporary agility modifier if they get to heavy.

IP Logged

Rick
Apprentice

Reply #16 - Dec 13th, 2009 at 12:24am
Print Post  
dsumner wrote on Dec 12th, 2009 at 10:35pm:

I don't know about density increase, but polarboy posted several takes on psi-blasts from modules in the Psionic Possibilities thread under the Citadel.

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #17 - Dec 18th, 2009 at 12:04am
Print Post  
Yeah, I've seen the house rules for the powers I listed, I'd just like to see them listed as "official" powers.

YIM  
IP Logged

polarboy
Justice Leaguer

Reply #18 - Dec 18th, 2009 at 12:21am
Print Post  
dsumner wrote on Dec 18th, 2009 at 12:04am:
Yeah, I've seen the house rules for the powers I listed, I'd just like to see them listed as "official" powers.

Just to clarify, Psionic Possibilities and my other Citadel threads list examples of powers from the official V&V modules and sourcebooks. It's not the same thing as having them in the rulebook, for sure, but they're not house rules. That's why I put them under Citadel.
« Last Edit: Dec 18th, 2009 at 12:21am by polarboy »  

IP Logged

>