Poll
Poll Question: Which original ATTACK types should return to V&V?
bars   pie

Animal/Plant Powers (13)    
  0 (0.0%)
Death Touch (20)    
  0 (0.0%)
Energy Absorption Blast (20)    
  0 (0.0%)
Gimmick devices (13)    
  0 (0.0%)
Magical Spell (19)    
  1 (16.7%)
Phantasmal Forces (16)    
  4 (66.7%)
Special Weapon (18)    
  0 (0.0%)
Telekinesis (06)    
  1 (16.7%)

Total votes: 6
« Last Modified by: polarboy on: Dec 9th, 2009 at 4:36pm »
Normal Topic Which original ATTACK types should return to V&V? (Read 1260 times)
polarboy
Justice Leaguer

Which original ATTACK types should return to V&V?
Dec 8th, 2009 at 11:19pm
Print Post  
In another thread I posted information about using the original Phantasmal Forces attack and defense types with Illusions A in the second edition.

This poll lists the major attack types from the original rules that don't directly translate into their own categories in the revised rules. The original To Hit numbers are in parentheses.

Due to space limitations, I left out Flying Ram (17), Special Vehicle Ram (20), Robotic Body/Animated Servant (06), and Darkness Control (which exactly matches Light Control). I also left out powers that don't appear at all in the revised rules, such as Astral Projection Type B.

I'm interested in hearing which attack types everyone thinks should return to the game. Vote for as many options as you'd like. Feel free to suggest others!
« Last Edit: Dec 9th, 2009 at 4:45pm by polarboy »  

IP Logged

Imaginos
Justice Leaguer

Overpowered Hero

Re: Which original attack types should return to V&V?
Reply #1 - Dec 9th, 2009 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
Dang, now I need to dig out my 1st edition rules and reread them.  For my vote, though, Phantasmal Forces is the only one that stands out as unique enough to require it.  Others end up just being variants on Hand to Hand or represented by other powers.
« Last Edit: Dec 9th, 2009 at 1:00pm by Imaginos »  

IP Logged

polarboy
Justice Leaguer

Re: Which original ATTACK types should return to V&V?
Reply #2 - Dec 9th, 2009 at 4:43pm
Print Post  
Imaginos wrote on Dec 9th, 2009 at 12:59pm:
For my vote, though, Phantasmal Forces is the only one that stands out as unique enough to require it.  Others end up just being variants on Hand to Hand or represented by other powers.

Those are my thoughts too. I've considered using Magical Spell as an attack type, but the modules consistently assign spells to the closest relevent attack type, so I've settled into that pattern.
« Last Edit: Dec 9th, 2009 at 4:45pm by polarboy »  

IP Logged

>