Normal Topic Miniatures! (Read 979 times)
Captain Kurt
Sidekick

Gone Fishing

Miniatures!
Dec 19th, 2009 at 12:54am
Print Post  
Does anyone else use painted miniatures! I love these things. It's an added incentive to bring back villains when you already have their painted miniature on hand. We have a little shrine with the miniatures of characters who've fallen in battle.

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Re: Miniatures!
Reply #1 - Dec 19th, 2009 at 1:14am
Print Post  
Captain Kurt wrote on Dec 19th, 2009 at 12:54am:
Does anyone else use painted miniatures! I love these things. It's an added incentive to bring back villains when you already have their painted miniature on hand. We have a little shrine with the miniatures of characters who've fallen in battle. 

If you've got miniatures (especially painted ones) or HeroClix or something similar, I think they would be an outstanding way of gaming and giving a great 3-D environment.  Excellent for tactics, seeing what angles work (or are blocked), showing how flying characters or teleporters can use terrain, etc.

Unfortunately I've/we've never had many, and with the outstanding makers V&V modules came with (combined with the ones I and others in our group have made), it's served as the next best thing.

It's cool that you've used them, Captain Kurt.  I imagine they add a wonderful element to the gaming experience!

IP Logged

Captain Kurt
Sidekick

Gone Fishing

Reply #2 - Dec 19th, 2009 at 1:22am
Print Post  
We use building blocks and some of the old action figure playsets that my dad used as a kid. It sounds like kidstuff but it's a big help. Things aren't exactly to scale with the miniatures, but it helps us tell when two heroes are fighting on a rooftop and everyone else is on the street.

Sometimes combat gets slow, but having the heroes and villains facing off keeps everything more real. You can tell facing directions better that way too. We've had to take out rulers sometimes to see if someone is out of range when they're firing a ray downward/diagnally at an angle.

My high school geometry teacher has no idea how much his class helps me when gaming.
« Last Edit: Dec 19th, 2009 at 1:23am by Captain Kurt »  

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #3 - Dec 19th, 2009 at 2:11am
Print Post  
Any of you seen the Superfigs stuff?

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM