Normal Topic V&V SRD? (Read 899 times)
AslanC
Ex Member

V&V SRD?
Dec 19th, 2009 at 7:59pm
Print Post  
So I finished reading V&V last night, and while I didn't read every power (the print is way too small) I remember someone here saying they had a word document of the rules, sort of like an srd.

Is this true?  If so does anyone have it and can they share with me?  Pretty please?

IP Logged

Hammer
Justice Leaguer

Stranger in a Stranger
Land

Re: V&V SRD?
Reply #1 - Dec 19th, 2009 at 10:24pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Great replies all!

First - the last comment: I am in favor of Power Blast becoming a 2d10, PR=2 attack and Disintegration Ray a 2d10, PR=4 attack, so they will have a bell curve  -avg of 11.

Secondly, to Rick: I do not mean 'Normals' as a separate class, but as the 'average Joe' of low hit points.

Thus this would apply across the entire spectrum - and be based on the original max hit points the non-damaged PC/NPC has. What it does is say "No matter how much power you have, you can be killed outright by sufficient force." But by placing the 'instant death' at a factor of 5, you keep it in the 'well, of course that guy should be dead' range.

Lastly, to Hammer's question:

I made a digital copy in MS Word of the rulebook, yes, for my own purposes. I also sent a copy to my friends who did not have a digital copy of their physical copy.

I made it clear that this should go no further, since copyright laws allow us to have a back-up but not to publish or produce a copy without written consent by FGU.

However, it seems that this has now spread across the globe due to the viral nature of the internet, camaraderie of V&V-ers, and lack of safeguards on my part. [LATE EDIT: Nope. I just caught the reason - a compliment by Majestic. See below]

To Any and All: if you have, in your possession, a copy of the V&V Rulebook, Second Edition in MS Word, and have NOT purchased a version from FGU, please do so.

FGU's website is here: http://www.fantasygamesunlimited.net/shop/?cart=85091&cat=8

Spend the $8.00. Be an honest man. [EDIT: Sorry - see my fear below]

Otherwise, please DELETE that digital copy as you have no right to have possession of it.

It is digital piracy -and I regret enabling it. [EDIT: Again, see below. Thought this was proliferating far wider than anticipated..]

From the Killing Damage discussion...  Cheesy

IP Logged

AslanC
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Dec 19th, 2009 at 10:26pm
Print Post  
Ah I see.

Oh well. Sad

That's life.

IP Logged

Justice
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Dec 20th, 2009 at 12:52am
Print Post  
I reply in the other thread: if you can prove you have purchased a 'real' copy from Scott Bizar at FGU, I will give you a .doc version.

That obeys the law and keeps everything good.

Sorry to rant.

Wink

IP Logged

>