Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) new sources books from fantasy games unlimited (Read 27580 times)
Harkker
Apprentice

I Love V&V!

new sources books from fantasy games unlimited
Jan 14th, 2010 at 10:54am
Print Post  
hey all in case you didnt hear, here are two new source books from fgu.... they are free, a pawn shop and cop shop

http://www.fantasygamesunlimited.net/page7.html

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Re: new sources books from fantasy games unlimited
Reply #1 - Jan 20th, 2010 at 12:59am
Print Post  
Could this be the start of a bunch of new stuff?

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #2 - Jan 20th, 2010 at 10:51am
Print Post  
John wrote on Jan 20th, 2010 at 12:59am:
Could this be the start of a bunch of new stuff?

Supposedly, yes. The source books state that they are working on new materials, plus I know that Scott Bizar has several unpublished manuscripts (adventure modules and villain books) that he's had for a couple of decades. So we shall see how this works out.

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

Hammer
Justice Leaguer

Stranger in a Stranger
Land

Reply #3 - Jan 20th, 2010 at 1:22pm
Print Post  
My cousin Jeff had sent an email to Scott Bizar about doing some artwork, his site is in the links on this forum, Hears of Fire.  Anyway, he got this response from Scott that I thought you guys might be interested in.

Hi Jeff,
>   Thanks for the info on your web site.  The art
> actually looks pretty darn good.
>   All of the art was from 2001.  What have you
> been doing since?  All were character illos, can you do
> action scenes?
> We could certainly give you a shot at doing up some art for
> an adventure.  You might also be interested in other
> things
> going on with V&V that are just beginning.
>   We are offering a set of adventure locales (with
> appropriate characters and adventure seeds) on the FGU web
> site for
> free.  If you look at those and like them, you might
> want to slightly expand your university locale (it looks a
> bit more
> like a college as I didn't see a full liberal arts
> department listing or enough dorms) with a discussion of how
> staff
> and professors could aid character heroes with clues and
> the like and a breakdown of some of the experts heroes
> could
> find there.
>   If that is of interest to  you, I will put you
> in touch with Dave Woodrum who is doing up the locales.
>   Similarly, we want to put up mini-adventures in the
> same format.
>   At the same time, we are beginning to collect
> longer, full-sized traditional V&V adventures, bigger
> locales filled with
> adventure plots, and even villain groups with
> headquarters.  Those will be put up as PDFs for prices
> of $2-$3.  When we
> have a good assortment, they will be combined into thicker
> (80-120 pages) V&V Giant books in print format.
>   Your idea for the Egyptian Adventure could be done
> as a free mini, or expanded into a larger adventure for
> inclusion in
> a Giant book. 
>   Ideally, we would have you try your hand at some
> illos for something free on the web site first, perhaps your
> own
> college/university location.  If it is a location PDF,
> we have used the floorplan (or the type plan you have
> showing on
> your web site) as the cover illustration.  Dave
> Woodrum would be able to help you put it together.
>   We would pay for art for any of the larger items
> which would be for profit for us.  Similarly, we pay
> royalties every
> six months on anything we sell.  PDFs pay a royalty of
> 1/2 of what I get (full price paid minus the fee we pay for
> the
> web site to David Harmer for running it).  When an
> actual book is printed, we pay 10% of gross receipts
> (usually the
> wholesale price).  A Giant Book will have a number of
> contributors, so the 10% royalty will be divided amongst
> the
> contributors on the basis of the page count of their
> contribution as a percentage of the total page count of the
> book.
>   Let me know if you are interested and what you might
> like to try to do.  I will put you in touch with Dave
> Woodrum if
> you want to do the locale approach first.
>   Thanks and best regards,
>   Scott (Scott B. Bizar)

Sounds promising to me...

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #4 - Jan 23rd, 2010 at 7:31pm
Print Post  
This all sounds pretty awesome to me.  I'm looking forward to some new stuff!

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #5 - Feb 12th, 2010 at 8:44am
Print Post  
There's another new V&V freebie, Truth Seeker Weekly News, on the FGU website - http://www.fantasygamesunlimited.net/securefiles/Tabloid_Office.pdf

YIM  
IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #6 - Feb 15th, 2010 at 3:31am
Print Post  
This is awesome news!

I really like how they sprinkled in lots of mentions of various V&V characters and other items: Fleur de Lis, R.I.N.G., the Logrellians, C.H.E.S.S., Rocker, Doctor Apocalypse, etc.

It's really cool to see new stuff for our favorite superhero RPG!

Kudos to Scott, Dave, Stacy, and anyone else involved!

IP Logged

davew
Avenger

Designer

Reply #7 - Feb 25th, 2010 at 10:43am
Print Post  
Hi everyone! I was checking out the different V&V related interests online when I came across this forum- Okay, in reality I was being narcassitic and googling my own name-  Embarrassed  No, really. Since there seems to be some interest in the action locales that we are working on now I thought I would drop in, say "hi", and ask if there's anything in particular that you like, dislike, would like to see, comment about, etc.
Stacy Smith and I are currently working on a 4th that will actually be an "Action Playset" instead of an "Action Map".

Thanks for giving our new stuff a look and the comments so far!

Dave Woodrum
Fantasy Games Unlimited

"If The Truth Can Be Told, So As To Be Understood, It Will Be Believed."- Terence Mckenna
IP Logged

polarboy
Justice Leaguer

Reply #8 - Feb 25th, 2010 at 5:32pm
Print Post  
All of the new material looks incredible--from the police station, to the pawn shop, to the extraterrestrial species stats in the tabloid newspaper pdf. These are great world-building resources!

IP Logged

Doctor Foom
Justice Leaguer

Silver Age relic

Reply #9 - Feb 25th, 2010 at 6:27pm
Print Post  
The stuff looks great!

Keep it coming!

Any adventure modules planned?

IP Logged

davew
Avenger

Designer

Reply #10 - Feb 25th, 2010 at 10:39pm
Print Post  
To all- Thanks for the kind comments, it really helps in keeping the ball rolling when the productive steam gets a little low. Wink
We would honestly have more out by now than the three but as the chief designer I've had a few non-game design related duties as of late that have slowed by progress down to half speed... but on a good note, one of them is a particular internship I'm serving for other interests that is allowing me to see the real life setup and interior of a specialized psychiatric prison.... so don't be too surprised if one of the larger projects down the road incorporates this valuable experience. Wink

Adventures- yes indeed! There are adventures planned... a few even partially completed. I've sorta side stepped full priority of the ones that I'm working on at the time in order to work on getting out at least a few more net freebies for the site.... we plan to make the net freebies a regular/semi-regular feature for the FGU site as time goes by but we'd like to at least offer half a dozen or more really solid locations to get things started.

I can say that the next one will be a hybrid of a typical location and a villain base of operations... well, at least a minor base of operations. This one will be called an "action playset" as opposed to an "action map" as its set up is more of a potential habitat for ongoing villainous activity. In case you are wondering about the "playset" term, I played with the idea of calling products this when I was still actively creating fantasy role playing products. I remembered the playsets of my childhood days that offered a location, accessories, and sometimes figure or two for an action figure toy series... I thought it would be fun to make "playsets" that featured locations, npcs, and maybe a new device or rule additive here and there for a gaming system... basically the playset would be different than an adventure module in the sense that it offered all the same background as an adventure but would allow you to utilize these surroundings for whatever sort of plot you wanted (as opposed to the traditional adventure where the plot is usually pre-set, so to speak).... same deal if you had the "Skully Fortress Of Doom" or whatever for your action figure toys back in the day.
That's the plans with the next one in a sense- it will be somewhat of an experiment to see how this would work for V&V locales. After that we'll probably deviate between a standard action location (since there are a million existing possibilities) and future "playsets".

I hope to possibly have the next release down by the end of the month- if not sooner. Naturally we want to make it right before release but hopefully the next installment is not that far away.

In the meantime, keep the interest going! I'm not only a desginer for V&V but also a diehard fan from way back and it simply thrilled me when I discovered a couple of years ago that Scott had quietly started shop back up and the book was the same as always- the same V&V that I knew and love years ago!

Thanks again and feel free to offer comments and suggestions anytime!

Dave Woodrum
Fantasy Games Unlimited

PS- I let Stacy know about the board so she may be dropping in as well later on.
« Last Edit: Feb 25th, 2010 at 10:47pm by davew »  

"If The Truth Can Be Told, So As To Be Understood, It Will Be Believed."- Terence Mckenna
IP Logged

ssmith
Sidekick

I Love V&V!

Reply #11 - Feb 25th, 2010 at 10:58pm
Print Post  
Yep, consider me dropped! Hi, folks, it's great to know people are enjoying the modules.  I owe Dave and Scott a huge thanks for letting me be a part of this!

Stacy

Life... I'd explain it to you, but I flunked that course.

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #12 - Feb 25th, 2010 at 11:07pm
Print Post  
davew wrote on Feb 25th, 2010 at 10:43am:
Hi everyone! I was checking out the different V&V related interests online when I came across this forum- Okay, in reality I was being narcassitic and googling my own name-  Embarrassed  No, really. Since there seems to be some interest in the action locales that we are working on now I thought I would drop in, say "hi", and ask if there's anything in particular that you like, dislike, would like to see, comment about, etc.
Stacy Smith and I are currently working on a 4th that will actually be an "Action Playset" instead of an "Action Map".

Thanks for giving our new stuff a look and the comments so far!

Dave Woodrum
Fantasy Games Unlimited

Dave, first off, welcome to the site, and I hope you'll check out some of the other sections we've here. I think it's great that we're getting new material, especially stuff that's being produced by a long time fan.

As far as my wish list goes, I'd like to see - 1) Old material get released 2) New Adventures - say something dealing with either magic, super prison, or an undersea adventure 3) An organization book detailing various bad guy groups.

Either way, it's good to see you here, and feel free to invite anyone else you want.

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #13 - Feb 25th, 2010 at 11:08pm
Print Post  
ssmith wrote on Feb 25th, 2010 at 10:58pm:
Yep, consider me dropped! Hi, folks, it's great to know people are enjoying the modules.  I owe Dave and Scott a huge thanks for letting me be a part of this!

Stacy

Welcome, when you get some time, look around, and let us know what you think of the place.

YIM  
IP Logged

davew
Avenger

Designer

Reply #14 - Feb 25th, 2010 at 11:22pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the warm welcome and reception!
I can't speak for everything for FGU, of course, but I can say that I personally know that there are major plans for the release/re-release of older materials. One of the reasons that I enjoy working on the net freebies is it helps keep me active while I work between larger projects for the regular release... plus its a labor of love, of course!
There are a few bad guy groups already in the works- don't want to give away too much, of course, but there are some. A super prison is definitely on the planning board horizon, and though I do not personally know of an undersea adventure myself, that's something that could be a possible route down the road.... especially seeing that undersea heroes and/or villains are a staple of the super hero genre.

Thanks for inviting me and Stacy on! We are both very fan conscious and while we can't guarantee release of all suggestions (or at least immediate release due to the other many projects already on the design table), we are certainly up for doing our best to please.

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #15 - Feb 25th, 2010 at 11:39pm
Print Post  
davew wrote on Feb 25th, 2010 at 11:22pm:
I can't speak for everything for FGU, of course, but I can say that I personally know that there are major plans for the release/re-release of older materials. One of the reasons that I enjoy working on the net freebies is it helps keep me active while I work between larger projects for the regular release... plus its a labor of love, of course!
There are a few bad guy groups already in the works- don't want to give away too much, of course, but there are some. A super prison is definitely on the planning board horizon, and though I do not personally know of an undersea adventure myself, that's something that could be a possible route down the road.... especially seeing that undersea heroes and/or villains are a staple of the super hero genre.

Thanks for inviting me and Stacy on! We are both very fan conscious and while we can't guarantee release of all suggestions (or at least immediate release due to the other many projects already on the design table), we are certainly up for doing our best to please.

Dave, thanks for the quick response. If you and Stacy get some time, swing by the welcome section, and formally introduce your self. Most of the folks here are long time V&V fans, and love to hear from like minded people. Also, thanks for the info on possible future releases.

YIM  
IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #16 - Feb 25th, 2010 at 11:57pm
Print Post  
Welcome.  Its good to know that there will be some more good stuff to look forward to from our favorite game.

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

ssmith
Sidekick

I Love V&V!

Reply #17 - Feb 26th, 2010 at 12:04am
Print Post  
dsumner wrote on Feb 25th, 2010 at 11:08pm:
Welcome, when you get some time, look around, and let us know what you think of the place. 

I certainly will.  I'm looking forward to it! I'll introduce myself in the welcome section, too. But first, maybe some sleep. lol

IP Logged

davew
Avenger

Designer

Reply #18 - Feb 26th, 2010 at 12:39am
Print Post  
dsumner wrote on Feb 25th, 2010 at 11:39pm:
davew wrote on Feb 25th, 2010 at 11:22pm:

Dave, thanks for the quick response. If you and Stacy get some time, swing by the welcome section, and formally introduce your self. Most of the folks here are long time V&V fans, and love to hear from like minded people. Also, thanks for the info on possible future releases.

I'm the same way... first and foremost: a long time fan. I still thank my lucky stars that I've got the chance to work on developing new material for V&V and I try to do my best to create products that reflect the changes in the world that have happened over the last 20 years or so (the internet, cultural changes, major historical events, etc.) while still keeping the true V&V flavor alive. I enjoy reading everyone's comments about V&V because I'm a fan myself. And I'm beyond flattered about the great, positive response we've received so far in regards to the net freebies. I was worried about some of the different graphic approaches we made with these (especially the pics of me that we used from my brief period in local pro-wrestling as Slik Slander (  Embarrassed gasp!)) but then the format of free products allow us to test around with presentation concepts we would otherwise initially avoid shoving into standard commercial products.... as we are especially concerned about providing V&V the way it was, the way people fondly remember it.

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #19 - Feb 26th, 2010 at 2:19am
Print Post  
davew wrote on Feb 26th, 2010 at 12:39am:
I was worried about some of the different graphic approaches we made with these (especially the pics of me that we used from my brief period in local pro-wrestling as Slik Slander (  Embarrassed gasp!)) but then the format of free products allow us to test around with presentation concepts we would otherwise initially avoid shoving into standard commercial products.... as we are especially concerned about providing V&V the way it was, the way people fondly remember it.

So will future for sale releases be closer in look to the original releases?

YIM  
IP Logged

davew
Avenger

Designer

Reply #20 - Feb 26th, 2010 at 3:07am
Print Post  
As from what I've heard (remember, I just work on certain projects), yes. There may be the possibility that I will be doing some of the map work for future sale releases (if so, these will be similiar map wise to the freebies) but the art work will be more true to the V&V standard. It is the intention to keep V&V close to expected feel as much as possible but there could be a few new elements here and there. The freebies allow us to play around with newer concepts in art and graphics more, however, in order to gain feedback and such from the community.

IP Logged

Troy
Teen Titan

Reply #21 - Feb 26th, 2010 at 12:44pm
Print Post  
The maps look great on the three new resources. Thanks for all of your work!!!

IP Logged

ssmith
Sidekick

I Love V&V!

Reply #22 - Feb 26th, 2010 at 2:25pm
Print Post  
Troy wrote on Feb 26th, 2010 at 12:44pm:
The maps look great on the three new resources. Thanks for all of your work!!!

Dave does the actual maps, and I co-write the descriptions with him. That's mainly what I do: write descriptions, characters and with the Tabloid one, lots of "quality" news stories. I'm sure he'll love to hear this. He really does an excellent job!
« Last Edit: Feb 26th, 2010 at 2:26pm by ssmith »  

IP Logged

Troy
Teen Titan

Reply #23 - Feb 26th, 2010 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
I read all the tabloid articles last night. I liked how you brought back references to characters from the original sources. Plus, I always thought it would be fun to have a brand of moonshine or near beer that made people think they got powers--and lo and behold, it was in the magazine!

I can't begin to tell you how grateful I am to see new products!

IP Logged

davew
Avenger

Designer

Reply #24 - Feb 26th, 2010 at 6:28pm
Print Post  
Troy,
Glad you like the stuff! We are looking forward to making quite a few more of these as time goes on... actually, if I can just get my speed back up to par I'd love to do dozens and dozens of them... there are a million possible places that a bit of comic book action could happen and I'd love to cover as many of them as possible.

IP Logged

Doctor Foom
Justice Leaguer

Silver Age relic

Reply #25 - Feb 26th, 2010 at 6:56pm
Print Post  
davew wrote on Feb 26th, 2010 at 3:07am:
...but the art work will be more true to the V&V standard. It is the intention to keep V&V close to expected feel as much as possible...

Glad to hear it. Great to see you two here.
Are you primarily targetting us hardcore, 40-something, old school fans, kind of like Castles and Crusades does, or new players?

Also, at the risk of bringing up a touchy subject, are Dee and Herman ever coming back into this at FGU?
Not looking to stir anything up. Just genuinely curious. Any info you can give would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #26 - Feb 26th, 2010 at 7:06pm
Print Post  
Doctor Foom wrote on Feb 26th, 2010 at 6:56pm:
Also, at the risk of bringing up a touchy subject, are Dee and Herman ever coming back into this at FGU?
Not looking to stir anything up. Just genuinely curious. Any info you can give would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

DF, from my last little online conversation with Jeff, I can't see it happening, but, Jeff's stated he's open to trying to work something out. I really Jeff, Jack, and Scott could all come to some sort of mutual business agreement, and put the last couple of decades behind them.

YIM  
IP Logged

davew
Avenger

Designer

Reply #27 - Feb 26th, 2010 at 7:21pm
Print Post  
Honestly, in regards to the latter question... I stay out of politics. I really don't have a great deal of knowledge regarding the past issues myself and really prefer to keep it that way. I am a fan of V&V, I am a fan of Jeff Dee's work, I'm a fan of Jack's work, I am a fan of FGU's stuff, Scott has been very good to me and I enjoy working for him so thus naturally I'm a big fan of Mr. Bizar, and what may have happened in the past happened before my entrance into the fold and I keep my concentrations focused on providing the best I can provide in regards to V&V and stay out of anything else. I guess you could say that in this case "ignorance is bliss" Smiley
I can understand, as a fan, the questions, but I prefer to focus on the happier aspects... that is more stuff for an awesome game! I say let's celebrate it for what it is... regardless of negatives, all sides in the mention have worked together at some point in the past to grace us gamers with a very fine product and I prefer just to champion that fact, and keep myself out of the rest if at all possible.
Okay, on to the next question....
« Last Edit: Feb 26th, 2010 at 7:25pm by davew »  

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #28 - Feb 26th, 2010 at 7:28pm
Print Post  
davew wrote on Feb 26th, 2010 at 7:21pm:
Honestly, in regards to the latter question... I stay out of politics. I really don't have a great deal of knowledge regarding the past issues myself and really prefer to keep it that way. I am a fan of V&V, I am a fan of Jeff Dee's work, I'm a fan of Jack's work, I am a fan of FGU's stuff, Scott has been very good to me and I enjoy working for him so thus naturally I'm a big fan of Mr. Bizar, and what may have happened in the past happened before my entrance into the fold and I keep my concentrations focused on providing the best I can provide in regards to V&V and stay out of anything else. I guess you could say that in this case "ignorance is bliss" Smiley
I can understand, as a fan, the questions, but I prefer to focus on the happier aspects... that is more stuff for an awesome game! I say let's celebrate it for what it is... regardless of negatives, all sides in the mention have worked together at some point in the past to grace us gamers with a very fine product and I prefer just to champion that fact, and keep myself out of the rest if at all possible.
Okay, on to the next question....

Good answer. As far as questions go, here's my list. When can we expect to see the first print or PDF release? What price range are we looking at for any new products? And what type of release schedule are we looking at? Monthly, bi- monthly, quarterly?
« Last Edit: Feb 26th, 2010 at 7:29pm by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

Doctor Foom
Justice Leaguer

Silver Age relic

Reply #29 - Feb 26th, 2010 at 7:30pm
Print Post  
Fair enough, Dave. Thanks.

Are you primarily targetting us hardcore, 40-something, old school fans, kind of like Castles and Crusades does, or new players?

« Last Edit: Feb 26th, 2010 at 7:30pm by Doctor Foom »  
IP Logged

davew
Avenger

Designer

Reply #30 - Feb 26th, 2010 at 7:32pm
Print Post  
Okay, the other question... in regards to consumer targeting, I can say that there is probably a heavy consideration towards targeting the existing V&V interest... this, imo, would probably include a great influence on 30 something and 40 something gamers. This is something else I'm probably not at a huge amount of liberty to discuss as FGU is not my company to run, so to speak, as I'm just a designer, but there is that natural sway towards such a lean.
That is not to say that we would'nt like to see tons of new gamers out there, of course.
What I guess I can say is this... in the element of V&V we are interested in marketing that which is V&V to those that want to see V&V. A bit cryptic, yes, but you can probably get the idea.  Wink
On that note, probably the greatest fear that I've had is whether or not I would regret the addition of the photo stock and more modernized graphics in the police station and the tabloid... I didn't want the gaming audience to think that we were out to radically change V&V... it was just that the different look worked at the time for both products (the mug shots for the police station and the photo stock for the tabloid... as well as the fake covers).

IP Logged

davew
Avenger

Designer

Reply #31 - Feb 26th, 2010 at 7:43pm
Print Post  
>>>As far as questions go, here's my list. When can we expect to see the first print or PDF release? What price range are we looking at for any new products? And what type of release schedule are we looking at? Monthly, bi- monthly, quarterly?

You know, I'd love to answer that but I honestly don't know the actual answer myself.  Again, I'm primarily a product designer and the latter stages of production to publication are out of my sphere of concentration. I do know that Scott is working very hard to re-release many FGU products, including V&V, and releases are definitely planned to be out ASAP. FGU naturally wants to see products out as soon as possible, but the products should also be done slowly enough to ensure a sense of quality in care... which is being done. I can say that in regards to the commercial products there is an interest in keeping the line as truthful to the look and feel of V&V as possible... which is also true with freebie lines but I can say that Stacy and I have a bit more allowance of experimental play in that area. Again, we want to make sure that V&V is marketed for the interests of V&V... again, that's probably cryptic but if you know and love V&V, you know what you love and we want to keep that sensation going.
As for the freebies, they come out on a semi-regular basis. The product size on these can change depending on the focus of the product, and that can either speed up or slow down production. My eventual goal, if possible, would be to release a couple of freebies a month but right now I would say that roughly 1 new freebie a month will be a rough estimate on their release.

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #32 - Feb 26th, 2010 at 7:50pm
Print Post  
I'm not sure how anyone feels, but my personal opinion is that I'd rather see fewer releases, if it means we get a higher quality product. I'd rather see you guys take the time to put out something you feel comfortable with putting your name on. But with that said, mind throwing us a bone on what you've got planned for the near future?

YIM  
IP Logged

ssmith
Sidekick

I Love V&V!

Reply #33 - Feb 26th, 2010 at 7:51pm
Print Post  
davew wrote on Feb 26th, 2010 at 7:43pm:
You know, I'd love to answer that but I honestly don't know the actual answer myself.  Again, I'm primarily a product designer and the latter stages of production to publication are out of my sphere of concentration. I do know that Scott is working very hard to re-release many FGU products, including V&V, and releases are definitely planned to be out ASAP. FGU naturally wants to see products out as soon as possible, but the products should also be done slowly enough to ensure a sense of quality in care... which is being done. I can say that in regards to the commercial products there is an interest in keeping the line as truthful to the look and feel of V&V as possible... which is also true with freebie lines but I can say that Stacy and I have a bit more allowance of experimental play in that area. Again, we want to make sure that V&V is marketed for the interests of V&V... again, that's probably cryptic but if you know and love V&V, you know what you love and we want to keep that sensation going.
As for the freebies, they come out on a semi-regular basis. The product size on these can change depending on the focus of the product, and that can either speed up or slow down production. My eventual goal, if possible, would be to release a couple of freebies a month but right now I would say that roughly 1 new freebie a month will be a rough estimate on their release.

I completely agree with Dave: while in a way it would be great to "churn out" products, it's more important to us that quality not be sacrificed.  This is a great system, and I think I can speak for all of us at FGU when I say we want to keep up the high standards.

IP Logged

davew
Avenger

Designer

Reply #34 - Feb 26th, 2010 at 8:07pm
Print Post  
dsumner wrote on Feb 26th, 2010 at 7:50pm:
I'm not sure how anyone feels, but my personal opinion is that I'd rather see fewer releases, if it means we get a higher quality product. I'd rather see you guys take the time to put out something you feel comfortable with putting your name on. But with that said, mind throwing us a bone on what you've got planned for the near future? 

Well, I can't give away all the secrets... but, here's a few tidbits.
A super prison is a natural. I feel that this is safe to talk about because I've frankly already discussed it in the past. This will probably be a larger, commercial release product instead of a freebie and will be held off a bit down the road for one good reason of quality- I have the rare opportunity to see the operations up a specialized correctional facility due to an internship. No point in creating now when I will walk out a handful of months from now with a personal insight into what I'm developing.
As far as other stuff.... the first thing I ever worked on for FGU will be coming out as a commercial release down the road... can't say much about it but imagine a good book that also helps flesh out the surrounding world stuff and then some (such as organizations, new vehicles, etc.)
There's a technoshamanism/electronic culture product in the works.... actually a very serious minded one, believe it or not. Several new villains- one thing I use V&V for is a creativity jogger... I like to randomly roll up characters simply to present myself with new ideas.
As for the next freebie- there's going to be a snazzy dinner nightclub spot turned criminal hotspot- complete with tons of new stats for common folk.

We've got tons of ideas, as a matter of fact...

Do keep in mind though that this is not a list of the "only things" coming out.... not by far. I'm not the only designer working in the V&V interest. Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Topic Tools

>