Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) new sources books from fantasy games unlimited (Read 27585 times)
davew
Avenger

Designer

Re: new sources books from fantasy games unlimited
Reply #105 - May 23rd, 2010 at 7:11am
Print Post  
I've had to take a few weeks away from the most recent work unfortunately... actually its getting closer to a month away now. My mother in law came in to visit a couple of weeks back from Chicago and we spent several days showing her around the VA-Tenn area. I've been pulling a huge amount of late shifts at the office the last several days due to a great deal of high needs clients, and the next semester of my MSW program just started up.
Hopefully, hopefully, I should be back in the saddle in the next few weeks.

"If The Truth Can Be Told, So As To Be Understood, It Will Be Believed."- Terence Mckenna
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #106 - Jun 20th, 2010 at 11:29pm
Print Post  
I'm surprised no one's asked this, but with Jack & Jeff getting the publishing rights back, what does this mean for the stuff that FGU had in the pipeline? Namely any new settings and source books that Dave and Stacy were working on?

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

davew
Avenger

Designer

Reply #107 - Jun 21st, 2010 at 6:33am
Print Post  
Dsumner,
I can't say myself... I was (and still sorta am) taking some time away from writing due to needs at work/school when all of this happened... so I have been kind of out of the loop. I have a very good feeling though that new products will be on the way though, so don't worry about that!
(after all, I'm sure Jeff and Jack wouldn't have pursued getting the title back for nothing.  Wink )

"If The Truth Can Be Told, So As To Be Understood, It Will Be Believed."- Terence Mckenna
IP Logged

mel
Sidekick

vigilantesomething

Reply #108 - Jun 21st, 2010 at 8:43pm
Print Post  
Dave, I've been digging all of the new V&V materials you've developed. Especially the police station and tabloid office. The Greys are the official aliens in our campaign universe!

After all this time, I'm glad that new V&V material is available through FGU. 

The rulebook has a weighty section about obeying the law. And as a fan of such things, I'm happy to buy products from the legal manufacturer. Smiley

IP Logged

Allen Shock
Apprentice

I Love V&V!

Reply #109 - Jun 24th, 2010 at 12:01am
Print Post  
Mel,

Dave doesn't seem to have an issue with Jeff and Jack getting the rights to their game back.

Why do you?

Allen

IP Logged

Troy...
Apprentice

Reply #110 - Jun 24th, 2010 at 1:55am
Print Post  
I feel like I'm twenty years behind the time. What exactly happened? A company buyout?

IP Logged

Allen Shock
Apprentice

I Love V&V!

Reply #111 - Jun 24th, 2010 at 2:21am
Print Post  
Troy... wrote on Jun 24th, 2010 at 1:55am:
I feel like I'm twenty years behind the time. What exactly happened? A company buyout?

Not totally clear. Jeff and Jack can't talk about it right now on the advice of their lawyer.

TOTALLY UNFOUNDED SPECULATION: There may be some kind of deal that would be endangered by elements of it being made public prematurely. That happens sometimes.

In any event, I seriously doubt they would be releasing the game on the 27th if they were not on very strong legal ground for doing so...they have been pursuing this for many years and I'm sure are well-versed in what needed to be done.

Allen

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Topic Tools

>