Normal Topic Heroic Portland Characters (Read 1522 times)
Duroon
Avenger

I Love V&V!

Heroic Portland Characters
Mar 21st, 2010 at 9:11pm
Print Post  
At last my players have posted all of their characters to our Obsidian Portal site! If you want to check them out (you can leave comments on the characters as well if you like) I will post the links to the individual characters.

Bronze Fist
Eagle
Enigma
Seraphim
The Midnight Wiz

IP Logged

Duroon
Avenger

I Love V&V!

Re: Heroic Portland Characters
Reply #1 - Mar 22nd, 2010 at 1:13pm
Print Post  
The only one of my players that has come up with a bio so far is Bronze Fist. The rest at least have their stats and powers up.

Quote:
Bronze Fist
Author: Jesterpup
PC in: Heroic Portland
Race: Human
Level: 1
Game System: Villains and Vigilantes

Description

Name: Phillip Foster
Identity: Bronze Fist
Race: Human
Height: 5’9”
Weight: 160
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Drk Brown

Strength: 39
Endurance: 36
Intelligence: 8
Agility: 13
Charisma: 7

Hit Points: 65
Power Potential: 96

Basic Hits: 4
Basic HtH: 2d8
Accuracy: +1
Damage Mod: +1
Healing Rate: 4.4

Movement Rate: 98
Carrying Capacity: 5,032
Detect Hidden: 6%
Inventing Points: 8
Success: 24%
Detect Danger: 11%

Powers
Heightened Endurance B
Heightened Strength B
Lightning Control
Willpower
Heightened Speed

Bio

The Beginning

Phillip Foster was at one point a simple construction worker. There was little about him that was above average. He worked for several years on the “Big Pipe” project in Portland, OR. It was during this project that a would-be fatal accident changed his life forever.

While test drilling for the “Big Pipe” project, Phillip’s crew hit what seemed like a gas pocket 30 feet below the surface. An explosion destroyed the digging equipment, and injured several of the workers. Phillip fell into the hole that had temporarily opened up. The following cave-in burried him deep under ground. Crews worked tirelesly for a week to dig him out, but he was burried too deep. He was pronounced dead exactly 7 days after the accident.

Phillip, however, had not died in the accident. He slid nearly 1/2 a mile into the earth, followed quickly by the debris and rubble that entoumbed him. He would have surely been crushed, had he not fallen through a crystaline chimney, landing hard in a small chamber below. He lay there for days, between life and death; his body badly broken. After a few days, he had managed to pull himself up, accidently triggering a long forgotten control panel.

The room filled with a soft blue light. Phillip was standing in a metal chamber -strange symbols adorned the walls. He was clinging to a display screen filled with a strange writing. Scattered about were the ancient remains of alien humanoids. Thinking of signaling the sruface, Phillip began trying to work the control panel. His body wracked with the jolt of electricity that surged through him. He had inadvertently triggered a genetic modification program. The aliens used the machine to alter their dna to suit the environment of any planet they wished to colonize or conquer.

Phillip awoke on the surface nearly two months after the accident. His memory was cloudy of what had happened to him. He knew, however, that he could manipulate electricity in a way that allowed him to energize his muscles; giving him great strength, endurance, and speed. He did, however, have still have great difficulty in controling the sudden bursts of electricity that sprung from his body. He quickly hid in the wilderness of eastern oregon while he honed his skills. Hidden away, Phillip discovered an old miner that helped him forge a suit of armor, made of leather and bronze, that helped channel back the dangerous bursts of electrical energy. The old miner began calling him by the nickname Bronze Fist .

Exactly one year after the night of the accident, Bronze Fist returned to Portland. Phillip was gone from him now. He could never return to his old life. He knew he must follow a new path -to protect the weak. He knew he must bring justice to the city. He is a tireless sentinel that willing places himself in the path of the evil and unjust.

Note: this is a quick version of background. More detail will be added later

IP Logged

Doctor Foom
Justice Leaguer

Silver Age relic

Reply #2 - Mar 22nd, 2010 at 6:55pm
Print Post  
Cool. Thanks for posting this stuff. Fist looks cool and I also really like Seraphim!

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #3 - Mar 22nd, 2010 at 9:21pm
Print Post  
I'm actually intrigued by Enigma.

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

Duroon
Avenger

I Love V&V!

Reply #4 - Mar 22nd, 2010 at 10:41pm
Print Post  
The guy playing Enigma and the one playing Bronze Fist seem to be my best two roleplayers so far. I like the way Seraphim has turned out so far as a character concept, this is my first time having that player in a group so we shall see if he can pull it off, I hope so. I am kind of torn on The Midnight Wiz and Eagle so far, the guy playing Eagle was complaining that he didn't have any offensive powers. I allowed him to spend some Invention Points to create a couple of new spells for himself and he created non offensive ones. And then complained he had no offensive powers....again. The Midnight Wiz wanted me to allow him to use Transmutation as a disguise power like transformation or illusion, tried to convince me for the better part of an entire day via email. I offered to let him trade the power for either of the ones that worked like he wanted but he didn't want to do that, just wanted to use what he had in a way that isn't what it was intended to do in my opinion. I told him no.

IP Logged

Duroon
Avenger

I Love V&V!

Reply #5 - Jul 15th, 2010 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
Wow I really haven't been keeping up on this. Enigma's player had to quit due to other commitments. Eagle's player has finally come back to town and decided to rename the character Spirit. The campaign has been going great and branching off in directions I never would have expected. It's a good thing I am running sandbox style as if I had a specific plot with specific goals I felt they needed to achieve we would be so off track I wouldn't know what to do! I dropped a couple of new villain names on the group last night as possible villains with ties to Vermina (who they fought last week).
Crag and Rudra, Crag is an ex-soviet wrestler who tried to cheat with an experimental drug treatment. The treatment worked, augmenting his strength and endurance, but had the side effect of changing his skin into a rock like substance. Rudra (a Hindu name for the wild god) is a native of India and had an act in which he transformed his face (through his stretching abilities) into many different faces. He also performed as an escape artist, getting out of locked cabinets and the like (again easy due to his stretching abilities).

Crag
Anton Yurikov was a weight lifter from the country of Georgia. Never very successful at it but determined to one day compete in the Olympics, he resorted to an experimental drug treatment. Experimental enough that it had not yet been banned but an obviously poor moral choice. The treatments worked, increasing Anton’s strength and endurance massively. Unfortunately there was a side effect, Anton’s skin become hard and rock like. Thrown out of the state sponsored weight lifting team, he took to thievery in order to survive. Finally he left his native home and ran away to the United States in hopes of escaping his past. Arriving in Southern California he found it very difficult to get a job until a traveling side show act cane through town. Seeing several other abnormal people in the various acts he applied for a job as a strongman. The Ringmaster liked his style and his accent, hiring him on the spot. Anton was given the name Crag and became infatuated with a young woman who had an act with trained rats, the girl called herself Vermina.

Powers:

Armor A: ADR 73, Anton’s skin is rocklike in appearance and texture.
Heightened Endurance B: 25 points
Heightened Strength B: 15 points

Weakness: Anton is vulnerable to vibratory attacks, they bypass his armor completely and it takes him twice as long to recover from damage dealt in this manner.

Strength: 31
Endurance: 38
Agility: 14
Intelligence: 13
Charisma: 15
Weight: 569lbs
Base Hits: 12
Carrying Capacity: 9556lbs
Base HtH Damage: 2d10
Healing Rate: 14.4
Accuracy Mod: +1
Damage Mod: +1
Detect Hidden: 10%
Detect Danger: 14%
Movement Rates: 83” sprint, 95” jump
Inventing Points: 1.3 per level, 39% chance to succeed at inventing

Rudra
The man of 1000 faces. Very little is known of Rudra’s past but reports on his act describe him as charismatic, somewhat arrogant, and to have a proper British accent.

Powers:
Stretching Powers: 1pr per use as defense, max stretch is 102” long or wide, area 51” per side square, cube 25 1/2” per face
Heightened Agility B: 21 points
Heightened Attack: +1 damage per level
Weakness: Psychosis – actually believes himself to be a god

Strength: 17
Endurance: 17
Agility: 30
Intelligence: 9
Charisma: 14
Weight: 125lbs
Base Hits: 3
Carrying Capacity: 413lbs
Base HtH Damage: 1d6
Healing Rate: 1.2
Accuracy Mod: +5
Damage Mod: +6
Detect Hidden: 8%
Detect Danger: 12%
Movement Rates: 64” sprint, 4” jump
Inventing Points: 0.9 per level, 27% chance to succeed at inventing
« Last Edit: Jul 15th, 2010 at 1:49pm by Duroon »  
IP Logged

Gigglestick
Sidekick

"Laugh-a while you ken,
munkey boy!"

Reply #6 - Jul 15th, 2010 at 1:54pm
Print Post  
Nice. thanks

IP Logged

Black Bolt
Avenger

Leader of the Inhuman
Debating Society

Reply #7 - Jul 15th, 2010 at 4:13pm
Print Post  
Cool stuff! BTW Drosta, I've bookmarked the main page for your V&V campaign and I'll add it to my links page when I get around to the next V&V Emporium update.

Cheers,
Tim

IP Logged

Duroon
Avenger

I Love V&V!

Reply #8 - Jul 15th, 2010 at 4:29pm
Print Post  
Thanks both of you!

IP Logged

>