Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) 5th Freebie- Any-Mart Now Up As Well... (Read 2568 times)
davew
Avenger

Designer

5th Freebie- Any-Mart Now Up As Well...
Mar 29th, 2010 at 8:18am
Print Post  
Just wanted to let anyone interested know that the 5th freebie, Any-Mart, just went up online a few minutes ago.

Thanks!
Dave

"If The Truth Can Be Told, So As To Be Understood, It Will Be Believed."- Terence Mckenna
IP Logged

polarboy
Justice Leaguer

Re: 5th Freebie- Any-Mart Now Up As Well...
Reply #1 - Mar 29th, 2010 at 7:54pm
Print Post  
Dave, thanks for the nice work on these gaming resources. They're priceless!

IP Logged

davew
Avenger

Designer

Reply #2 - Mar 29th, 2010 at 8:56pm
Print Post  
I found an error on page 9 though... some of the text was jumbled up. I've fixed the problem and sent off the fixed pdf. I'll let everyone know when the correct version is up.

Polarboy- Thanks!

"If The Truth Can Be Told, So As To Be Understood, It Will Be Believed."- Terence Mckenna
IP Logged

davew
Avenger

Designer

Reply #3 - Mar 29th, 2010 at 9:46pm
Print Post  
The file's been fixed.

Dave

IP Logged

8675309 Jenni
Sidekick

I Love V&V!

Reply #4 - Mar 30th, 2010 at 9:04pm
Print Post  
Thanks for doing all this work. It's a big plus having these general locales. They're great for one-shot adventures and random encounters.

IP Logged

davew
Avenger

Designer

Reply #5 - Mar 30th, 2010 at 10:04pm
Print Post  
Thanks!
I'm planning to do a great deal more and we may be concentrating on several down the road that are fairly easy to detail and thus easy to turn out rather quickly...
super hero fights can happen most anywhere and its good to have "Instant Location, Just Add Dice And Imagination" for one's own campaign city... plus investigation places are always nice.

I eventually plan to get back to do commercial work also (I've done some for FGU but have put it on the back burner to get some of these freebies out the door and rolling), but for right now I'm happy to provide as much freebies as possible... because as a V&V player, I use them myself. Wink

(That's actually one of my main mottos with game design... since I do it less for profit and more for the interest, I tend to shy away from anything that wouldn't interest me personally as a gamer... if I couldn't personally take it to heart and enjoy it, its not worth my effort to create it)

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #6 - Apr 1st, 2010 at 1:42pm
Print Post  
davew wrote on Mar 30th, 2010 at 10:04pm:
Thanks!
I'm planning to do a great deal more and we may be concentrating on several down the road that are fairly easy to detail and thus easy to turn out rather quickly...
super hero fights can happen most anywhere and its good to have "Instant Location, Just Add Dice And Imagination" for one's own campaign city... plus investigation places are always nice.

I eventually plan to get back to do commercial work also (I've done some for FGU but have put it on the back burner to get some of these freebies out the door and rolling), but for right now I'm happy to provide as much freebies as possible... because as a V&V player, I use them myself. Wink

(That's actually one of my main mottos with game design... since I do it less for profit and more for the interest, I tend to shy away from anything that wouldn't interest me personally as a gamer... if I couldn't personally take it to heart and enjoy it, its not worth my effort to create it)

That's a good motto and a great philosophy for this stuff, Dave.

I think it shows in the work (when the author cares for the material).  Doing something that one is personally interested in - as opposed to simply cranking out what the boss asks for - will almost always produce superior results, I think.

IP Logged

8675309 Jenni
Sidekick

I Love V&V!

Reply #7 - Apr 1st, 2010 at 3:15pm
Print Post  
davew wrote on Mar 30th, 2010 at 10:04pm:
Thanks!
super hero fights can happen most anywhere and its good to have "Instant Location, Just Add Dice And Imagination" for one's own campaign city... plus investigation places are always nice

All you do is give, give, give!!! Smiley
On a serious note, I am seriously thrilled by all the work you two have done.

These are REAL V&V resources that are REALLY helping my game.  Smiley

IP Logged

davew
Avenger

Designer

Reply #8 - Apr 2nd, 2010 at 7:43am
Print Post  
Thanks for the compliments! I'm glad that people really enjoy having the every day places detailed.... as I like the crime fighting scenarios at lower to moderate power level as much (if not a bit more) than the mega epic varieties, I see a lot of use for normal, mundane places.... where encounters take place at a very real, street level format.
I'm glad that others share in this need for such details.

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #9 - Apr 2nd, 2010 at 2:24pm
Print Post  
Absolutely!  One of the coolest things about V&V (and most supers RPGs in general) is the fact that they take place in modern times.  It's easier to have a frame of reference for what things look like, how much items cost, etc.

IP Logged

davew
Avenger

Designer

Reply #10 - Apr 2nd, 2010 at 4:37pm
Print Post  
Majestic... the truth could have not been told better. The vast majority of my published role playing design work has been fantasy, and I'm going to be honest with you... there's a special place in my heart for fantasy, and being a bit of a mystic by nature, probably always will be... but I am so sick of writing fantasy related material I could scream.
V&V has been extremely refreshing for me... and while the dip into new water was initially a bit of a nervous venture, I've grown to love this new area a great deal. Now I can run about the town and find new things to detail... I've actually turned that into a game as well, almost like geocaching in a sense.

On another note, I will be eventually upgrading my graphic images to a 300 dpi. I'm just in the phase of finding a software art package that I am satisfied with. I honestly prefer the simplicity of Paint so if someone knows of a similiar uber basic graphic program that offers 300 dpi resolution, please let me know.

IP Logged

The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Reply #11 - Apr 3rd, 2010 at 9:53am
Print Post  
I really like Paint.net

It gives some of the higher functionality of the Photoshop but I have found a lot of the basic functions are easier.

I strongly recommend it.

V&V character creation is too much fun.
                                     - Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM
http://vav-megalopolis-pbem.blogspot.com/

IP Logged

davew
Avenger

Designer

Reply #12 - Apr 3rd, 2010 at 10:08am
Print Post  
I can't remember if I've tried that one yet or not. I'll give it a shot though.

IP Logged

>