Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Infinity Inc. (Read 5336 times)
dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Infinity Inc.
Apr 1st, 2010 at 5:48pm
Print Post  
Okay, my reminiscing about DC's old Infinity Incorporated comic, has me wanting to knock out some character conversions, so I'll be using this thread to post my results.

Infinity Inc.

« Last Edit: Apr 16th, 2010 at 12:02am by dsumner »  

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Re: Infinity Inc.
Reply #1 - Apr 1st, 2010 at 5:58pm
Print Post  
Looking forward to them.

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #2 - Apr 1st, 2010 at 5:59pm
Print Post  
Fury

Identity: Lyta Trevor-Hall   
Side: Good
Affiliation: Infinity Inc.
Sex: Female                     
Level: 7                              
Training: Endurance

Powers:
1. 2x Heightened Strength (B): +60.
2. Heightened Endurance (B): +15.
3. Heightened Agility (B): +8.
4. Speed Bonus: +50” (Super-Leaping ability).
5. Heightened Senses: 3x detect hidden.
6. Invulnerability: 15 points.
7. Natural Weaponry: Amazonian Combat Training: +2 to hit, +4 damage.

STR: 75
END: 35
AGL: 19
INT: 12
CHR: 14

Origin/Background: Lyta Trevor-Hall is the daughter of the Earth 2 Wonder Woman and Col. Steve Trevor.

Notes: When everything got rebooted after Crisis on Infinite Earths (CoIE), they retconned her origin, and made her the daughter of a new character, also called Fury, that had fought in WWII.
« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2013 at 10:38pm by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #3 - Apr 1st, 2010 at 6:14pm
Print Post  
Robin (Earth 2)

Identity: Richard "Dick" Grayson
Affiliation: JSA
Base of Operations: Gothem City                   
Sex: Male
Level: 22
Training: Strength

Powers:
1. Acrobatics: Acts as Evasion but costs only movement per turn, and can be started or stopped as desired.
2. Heightened Agility (A): +6.
3. Natural Weaponry: +3 to hit, +6 HTH Damage.
4. Utility Belt:
a) Batarangs: +3 to hit, HTH+1d2 damage, R=AGL (2x AGL w/out return)
b) Swing Line:

STR: 16
END: 18
AGL: 19
INT: 16
CHR: 21

Notes: By the time Infinity Inc. is formed, Robin is no longer in his prime (he's in his fifties,) but still a match for common street thugs.

Origin/Background: Dick Grayson is former ward of the now deceased Batman of Earth 2.
« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2013 at 11:34pm by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #4 - Apr 1st, 2010 at 6:30pm
Print Post  
Can't wait to see your take on Obsidion

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #5 - Apr 1st, 2010 at 6:37pm
Print Post  
Northwind

Identity: Norda            
Training: Agility

Powers:
1. Avian Powers:
a) Wings: +3 Agility, Max Flight Speed = AGL x Ground movement rate.
b) Heightened Agility: +8
c) Heightened Senses: Enhanced Vision: 4x detect hidden; He can fly unerringly to any destination he knows the location of, or has studied the coordinates to.
d) Communicate w/birds: Norda is able to communicate with birds
e) Animal Control: Birds
2. Heightened Defense: -4 to be hit
3. Special Weapon: Globlass Gun: Causes nausea and disorientation in victim. Save vs. END or act as though fatigued.

STR: 16
AGL: 26
INT: 10
CHR: 12

Origin/Background: In 1946 a pilot discovered the hidden city of Feithera in northern Green land, Feithera was inhabited by the Bird People, a race of sentient winged semi-humanoid bird-like beings with their own civilsation. Most people did not believe the pilot's story, but three explorers decided to go there and hunt for the bird people.

The original Hawkman went to Feithera, where he not only stopped the explorers, but persuaded them to keep Feithera's existence a secret to prevent its exploitation. Hawkman frequently visited Feithera, who allowed him to bring the anthropologist Fred Cantrell to live among them. Cantrell and Osoro, daughter of Feithera's ruler Worla, fell in love and had a son, Norda, who was a hybrid of the human and Feitheran races. Hawkman and Hawkgirl became Norda's godparents.

But Norda felt the Feitherans (apart from his parents and Worla) considered him to be an unwanted half-breed. Hence he left Feithera to live in the world of human beings. Norda was persuaded to join other young would-be super heroes in asking to be admitted into the Justice Society of America. After they were turned down, the youngsters formed their own group, Infinity Inc.
« Last Edit: Jan 6th, 2013 at 11:19pm by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #6 - Apr 1st, 2010 at 6:45pm
Print Post  
Silver Scarab

“I guess I got a little carried away.”

Identity: Hector Hall
Base of Operations: Los Angeles, CA        
Training: Accuracy

Powers:
1. Invulnerability Device: Nth Metal Armor: 6 points of invulnerability.
2. Armor (B): Solar Powered Nth Metal Armor: ADR=100. 100 charges. When out of the Sun, the armor will loose 1 charge per hour.
a) Absorption: Solar Energy: The absorbed energy can only be used to power his flight ability and Power Blasts. Recharges at a rate of 5 charges per hour while exposed to sunlight.
b) Flight: 225 mph max flight speed.1 charge per hour of flight.
c) Solar Powered Energy Blast: Attacks as light Control. 2d8 damage. R=42". PR=2 per blast.
d) Heightened Strength: +8.
3. Heightened Agility A: +6.
4. Heightened Expertise: +4 with his armor.

Weight: 184
Basic Hits: 4
Agility Modifier: -
Strength: 21
Endurance: 14
Agility: 16
Intelligence: 12
Charisma: 12
Reactions From: Good: +1 /Evil: -1
Hit Mods: (1.8)(1.4)(1.1)(1.6) = 4.4352
Hit Points: 18
Healing Rate: 1.2
Power: 63
Acc. Mod: +2
Dam. Mod: +4
Carrying Cap.: 981 lbs.
Basic HTH: 1d10
Movement Rates: 51" ground, 990" flight
Detect Hidden: 10%
Detect Danger: 14%
Inventing Points: 9.1
Inventing: 39%
Origin and Background: Student
Legal Status: US Citizen with no criminal record

Origin/Background: Hector Hall grew up without seeing his parents much - as they were generally away fighting criminals as an heroic duo, operating along with the JSA or on archaeological expeditions. They often took Hector along with them when vacationing in Feithera, but unlike everybody else Hector couldn’t fly and was generally left behind. Hector grew to secretly resent Feithera and even Norda, one of the few kids his age he spent time with with any regularity.

As an adult he left to study medicine at the UCLA. He gave up during his pre-med to study science (presumably physics) - while he originally wanted to avoid this since he saw the hard sciences as his father’s province, it was where his strongest interests lied.

At UCLA Hector was also reunited with a childhood friend, Lyta Trevor - one of several ’JSA brats’, the kids from the ex-Justice Society members, who used to be playmates in the 1960s. A romantic relationship developed between Lyta and Hector, and they decided while in college. He was also reunited with his childhood friend Norda (now known as Northwind), whom he still resented to some extend.

Hector and Lyta intended to become super-heroes like their parents and join the JSA. They invited another of the “JSA brats”, Nuklon (Al Rothstein), to join them as they made their pitch to the Society. Norda, being Hawkman and Hawkwoman’s godson, also joined the effort — as unexpectedly did Jade and Obsidian, who suspected that they were the children of Green Lantern (Alan Scott).

Hector led the effort, resulting in a brash and bullheaded demand of membership that was poorly received. The deciding negative vote was cast by Hawkman, then the chairman, who disapproved of Hector’s attitude. The rebuffed would-be heroes ended up in a brawl with a pimp in a fast food place - things were not going as good as they might have.

Thankfully, the youngest members of the JSA - Power Girl and the Star-Spangled Kid (Sylvester Pemberton)- disagreed with the Society’s decision and took a leave of absence. The Kid wanted to create a new team with the rebuffed youths and Power Girl, called Infinity, Inc. Though Power Girl only joined on a temporary basis the team was founded and was soon joined by Brainwave, Jr. (Henry King, Jr.). Hector was wary about Pemberton’s leadership, and never hesitated to take charge when the Star-Spangled Kid wasn’t available.

Combat Tactics:

Personality/Character Traits: Hec has a considerable chip on his shoulder, and often comes across as wanting to prove something. He’s brash, impatient and tends to interpret remarks the wrong way, while acting like a jerk himself. He’s very competitive, and can become so determined to win even a simple thing such as a beach volley game may make him petulant and aggressive toward loved ones.

His psych profile described him as “logical and intelligent ; frank, fearless. Passionately curious, confident, loyal toward selected friends, a shrewd strategist and a good team player - if his goals coincide with his partners’. However, he can be fiercely possessive and suspicious of others. He has an explosive temper, obeys his own laws and scorns the support of his peer. He can also be devious, and holds a grudge indefinitely.”

Hector resents Northwind (Norda) for his ability to fly, and the attention he got from his parents during his childhood. Norda prefers to avoid conflict and pretends not to notice, which just results in Hector being openly antagonistic toward him and regularly throwing verbal jabs at Northwind.

The Silver Scarab also had a conflicts-prone attitude toward Obsidian - like his fiancé, Hector was raised in wealth and was a spoiled young man. This grated Todd’s nerves, which given the egocentric and impetuous nature of Hector led to physical violence on several occasions.

Hector and Lyta’s relationship remained conflicts-ridden and lacking in maturity - and that was before the enormous stresses of a super-heroic life. Yet, they stuck together against all odds - the attraction was just too strong and had existed for too long.

On the other hand, by the time the JSA was lost in time, Hector had stopped feeling or displaying emotions. Upon learning the loss of his parents he remained stony-faced and unaffected.
« Last Edit: Nov 28th, 2013 at 11:08am by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

Black Bolt
Avenger

Leader of the Inhuman
Debating Society

Reply #7 - Apr 1st, 2010 at 6:55pm
Print Post  
Looking good!

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #8 - Apr 1st, 2010 at 6:56pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the complements guys. I'll be fleshing the write-ups out later. But I'm knocking these out now, while I'm in the mood to do a little writing.
« Last Edit: Apr 1st, 2010 at 6:57pm by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #9 - Apr 1st, 2010 at 6:57pm
Print Post  
Brainwave Jr./Brainwave II

“No ! I must resist catching his thoughts — until and unless it’s absolutely necessary !”

Identity: Henry King Jr.
Base of Operations: Los Angeles, CA
Level: 5                        

Powers:
1. Willpower (A): PR=1 per turn, or each use as a defense.
2. Mind Control: R= ”, PR=20 per success, see complete rules
p.15.
3. Telepathy: R=210”, Thought scan 1 action, PR=1. Mental
switchboard: max. 21 minds at once, 1 action to establish, PR=1 per
turn. Thought Tracking: PR=1 per hour, 1 action per turn. Mind Probe
maximum strength = 138, PR=5 per attempt, Mind Control attack.
Takes 1d6 turns per attempt, range = 0”. Detailed descriptions p.17.
4. Telekinesis: TK capacity = 600 lbs., R=60”, attacks as
HTH, damage = 1d8 with TK waves, moves objects at a maximum
speed of 70” (+1d4 velocity damage with controlled objects). PR=1.
TK defense requires one action an d one power point to set up, PR=1 for every attack repulsed.
5. Illusions (A): Visual, Auditory. PR=2.
6. Mind Blast: Attacks as Mind Control, victim affected as though they were hit by Paralysis Ray. R=(I+E), PR=5.
7. Unarmed Combat Training: +2 to hit, +4 damage.
8. Phobia/Psychosis: Panic Attacks

STR: 12
END: 14
AGL: 14
INT: 21
CHR: 16

Origin/Background: Little is known of the early life of Henry King, Jr., save that he was the only son of Dr. Henry King, a mental mutant who was also the villainous Brain Wave and Merry Pemberton King, an ex-super heroine. Sometime during his childhood, as a result of his father's criminal activities, Hank's mother died of a broken heart, and the grief-stricken Hank refused to speak to his father for years.

Some months after his graduation from college, Hank donned an altered version of one of his father's sometime costumes in order to prevent the Brain Wave, the Ultra-Humanite and a number of other super-villains from changing the course of World War II, and thus changing history.

While in the past, Hank came into contact with, and ultimately joined, a newly formed group of second-generation heroes that called itself Infinity, Inc.

Later, while attempting to protect Hank, the Brain Wave was slain in a battle with the Ultra-Humanite. As a final gesture of paternal love, the Brain Wave transferred the bulk of his awesome mental powers to his son, the only legacy he could give him. As a result of his father's actions, Hank resigned from Infinity, Inc. and went off to find himself and his place in the world.

Personality/Character Traits: Hank King, while kind and relatively humble, was originally quite verbal. He seemed compelled to always provide witty banter to fill awkward moments and silences. This stopped when Dr. King transferred his powers and memories to Hank. At this point, he became increasingly confident and self-assured, knowing that his father - despite all the man’s flaws - loved him and approved of his life’s course. This was a sharp turn-around, since he had spent most of his previous life wishing that his terrible father was dead and gone.

Like most Infinity, Inc. members he was young, brash, often not thinking long-term and had something to prove. After his father died, he no longer felt the need to prove that he was different from him, and no longer needed to loudly demonstrate his heroism.

Brainwave had problems with picking up thoughts and emotions from others. Although he did his best to prevent himself ’overhearing‘ thoughts, he was fascinated by this ability, and his potential to solve problems through telepathic intervention. Strong emotions are nearly impossible to keep out, and are likely to make him try something with his power since he’s forced by his Empathy to care. Those abilities and his verbal nature tend to make him become the center of any group he’s in and to wield a disproportionate amount of influence.

No matter how much Brainwave tries to be a good guy and wants to do the ethical thing, there is something creepy about how he wields his considerable powers, influences people and wants to be the centre of attention. It doesn’t take much pushing and prodding for him to do something unacceptable, such as altering Lyta’s memories ’for her own good‘.

As his mental issues worsened, Hank King became insanely obsessive over his former love, Jennie-Lynn Hayden, aka Jade.
« Last Edit: Nov 28th, 2013 at 8:49am by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #10 - Apr 1st, 2010 at 7:06pm
Print Post  
Keep in mind that Infintiy was also Todd McFarlane's first comic run.

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #11 - Apr 1st, 2010 at 7:14pm
Print Post  
I remember one of my friends trying to copy Todd's style. It didn't look to bad either.
« Last Edit: Apr 1st, 2010 at 7:16pm by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #12 - Apr 1st, 2010 at 7:16pm
Print Post  
Jade

Identity: Jennifer "Jenny" Lynn Hayden

Powers:
1. Power Pulse: Solid Energy Illusions: Creation points = 2x current Power score. R=AGL x 2. Creations dissipate if range is exceeded. See pages 13 & 14 for full details. Blinding Flash. See pg. 14.
2. Light Control: 2d8 Damage, PR=3
3. Force Field: PR=1/2 point per point of damage stopped
4. Flight:
5. Telekinesis:
6. Independence from Atmosphere:
7. Psionics: Psychic link with her twin bother Todd (Obsidian)
8. Vulnerability: Wood: Jade’s powers are ineffective against wood.

STR: 10
END: 14
AGL: 16

Origin/Background: She's the daughter of the original Green Lantern, Alan Scott, and Rose Canton, the supervillain, Thorn.
« Last Edit: Jan 2nd, 2013 at 8:19pm by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #13 - Apr 1st, 2010 at 7:54pm
Print Post  
Anyone seen a good picture of Star Spangled Kid?

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #14 - Apr 1st, 2010 at 7:56pm
Print Post  
Obsidian

Identity: Todd James Rice

Powers:
1. Transformation: Power Activation: Shadow Form
2. Dark Force Control: Grants him the following Abilities:
a) Darkness Control:
b) Shadow Form: Non-Corporalness: PR=
c) Energy Absorption: As he absorbs energy, his shadow form becomes larger.
d) Shadow Possession: Todd can possess and animate any shadow.
e) Invisibility:
3. Growth: Linked to Energy Absorption
4. Emotion Control: Aura of Fear: Only affects target. Ineffective on truly evil beings, and artificial lifeforms.
5. Heightened Strength: +10
6. Heightened Endurance: +10
7. Psionics: Psychic Link: w/his twin sister Jenny (Jade)
8. Vulnerability: Light based attacks and bright lights inflict double damage while in his shadow form. Powers are only 1/2 as effective in bright light.
9. Low Self Control:

STR: 22
END: 24
AGL: 14

Notes: I tried to keep it simple with Obsidian, as when he started out, his powers were pretty straight forward. He's gained additional abilities (Solid Energy Illusions, and Shadow Animation) since his original appearance in Infinity Inc., so I may do an updated version of him at a later time.

Origin/Background: The son of the Original Green Lantern and Rose Canton, the supervillain Thorn.
« Last Edit: Jan 2nd, 2013 at 8:25pm by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #15 - Apr 1st, 2010 at 8:13pm
Print Post  
Nuklon

Identity: Albert Julian Rothstein

Powers:
1. Size Change: Larger: Permanent: Height Factor 1.4, Weight Factor 3.4
2. Size Change: Larger:
3. Non-Corporealness:
4. Heightened Strength (B): +25
5. Heightened Endurance (B): +20
6. Training: +2 to hit in HTH (Boxing/street fighting training provided by Wildcat)

STR: 45
AGL: 12

Origin/Background: Godson to Al Pratt (the Golden Age Atom), Albert Rothstein acquired his powers of super-strength and control over his molecular structure from his grandfather, a reluctant supervillain known as Cyclotron, allowing him to fight crime first as Nuklon.
« Last Edit: Jan 2nd, 2013 at 8:42pm by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #16 - Apr 1st, 2010 at 8:30pm
Print Post  
Star Spangled Kid

Identity: Sylvester Pemberton
Level: 9

Powers:
1. Cosmic Converter Belt: 32 charges
a) Energy Absorption: Powers the belts other abilities.
b) Flight: 225 MPH max flight speed. 1 charge per hour of flight.
c) Cosmi-Burst: Power Blast: 1d20 damage, R=30", 1 charge per shot.
2. Heightened Strength (Device): +10
3. Heightened Endurance (Device): +6
4. Heightened Agility (A): +8
5. Judo: +2 to hit, +4 Damage
6. Heightened Expertise: +4 to hit w/Power Blast.

STR: 23
END: 23
AGL: 20
INT: 16

Origin/Background: A wealthy adventurer who funds Infinity Inc.
« Last Edit: Jan 3rd, 2013 at 2:30am by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #17 - Apr 1st, 2010 at 8:35pm
Print Post  
I always liked Brainwave Jr.   What ever happened to him?  He faded from the comic pretty quick.

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #18 - Apr 1st, 2010 at 8:47pm
Print Post  
The Huntress

Identity: Helena Wayne
Base of Operations: Gothem City          
Level: 11
Training: Agility

Powers:
1. Heightened Expertise: +4 to hit w/Crossbows.
2. Heightened Defense: -4 to be hit while conscious and mobile.
3. Willpower (A): PR=1 per turn, or for use as a defense.
4. Unarmed Combat Training: +3 to hit, +6 damage.
5. Acrobatics: Acts as Evasion but costs only movement per turn and can be started and stopped whenever desired.
6. Utility Belt:
a) Flash Bang: Attacks as Light Control.
b) Smoke Pellets: Obscure vision w/in a 3" cubic area when burst.
c) Sleep Gas: Attacks as Chemical Attack. Save vs. END on 1d100 or fall asleep. Normal wake-up rolls apply.
d) Pepper Spray: As per smoke. Victim must save vs. END on 1d100 or be overcome.
d) Batarang: +3 to hit, HTH+1d2 damage. R=AGL, 2x AGL w/out return.
d) Stun Gun: Attacks as Paralysis Ray. R=HTH, 4 charges.
e) Bolos: +3 to hit, damage = HTH+1d3, R=AGL
f) Grappling gun:
g) Handcuffs: Structural Rating = 15
h) Flash Light:
7. Special Weapon: Crossbow Pistol: +5 to hit, HTH+1d3 damage, R=Ax2

STR: 13
END: 16
AGL: 21
INT: 15

Origin/Background: Huntress is the Daughter of the Earth-2 Batman and Catwoman.
« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2013 at 11:23pm by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #19 - Apr 1st, 2010 at 8:58pm
Print Post  
Power Girl

Identity: Kara Zor-L      Side: Infinity Inc.
Sex: Female                 Age: ? 
Level: 12                      Training: Strength

Powers:
1. Kryptonian Physiology:
a) Increased Density: 1.5 times normal weight
b) 2x Heightened Strength (B): 60
c) Heightened Endurance (B): +30
d) Invulnerability: 30 points
e) Flight: 3,375 mph max speed; PR=1 per hour.
f) Heightened Senses: 4x Detect Hidden.
2. Super Strength: Carrying Capacity is multiplied by a factor of 100, but inflicts no additional HTH damage.
3. Body Power: Heat Vision: Attacks as Light Control, 2d8 damage, PR=2, R=45"
4. Heightened Speed: +1000"
5. Vulnerability: Kryptonite: Causes total power loss and possibly death with prolonged exposure.

STR: 75
END: 45
AGL: 16
INT: 13

180 lbs.
Basic Hits = 4
Carrying Capacity = 3,837,375 lbs.

Origin/Background: Power Girl is the Earth-2 Superman's cousin.
« Last Edit: May 18th, 2012 at 7:04pm by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #20 - Apr 3rd, 2010 at 4:42pm
Print Post  
Other than doing Wildcat II, and Dr. Midnight II, that's pretty much it (other than me adding stats). Just out of curiosity, what do you guys think of them so far?
« Last Edit: May 23rd, 2010 at 8:29am by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Reply #21 - Apr 3rd, 2010 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
Great job.  Very well done.

V&V character creation is too much fun.
                                     - Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM
http://vav-megalopolis-pbem.blogspot.com/

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #22 - Apr 3rd, 2010 at 6:53pm
Print Post  
Great!   When will you do  Helix, and the Young All Stars?

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #23 - Apr 3rd, 2010 at 7:00pm
Print Post  
John wrote on Apr 3rd, 2010 at 6:53pm:
Great!   When will you do  Helix, and the Young All Stars?

I never really got into the Young All Stars, but I'll take a crack at the Helix within the next week or so. My personal favorite Infinitor villains are Injustice Unlimited though, and I've got stats for several of their members floating around in another thread. I also need to go back and finish working out the stats for the characters I've got posted now.

YIM  
IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #24 - Apr 3rd, 2010 at 7:05pm
Print Post  
You didn't like  Arak, Son of Thunder and Critter?   You heathen!

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #25 - Apr 3rd, 2010 at 7:12pm
Print Post  
John wrote on Apr 3rd, 2010 at 7:05pm:
You didn't like  Arak, Son of Thunder and Critter?   You heathen!

Helix was OK, but nothing special. Of the group, I liked Arak, and Penny Dreadful. Cacharo was cool too.

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #26 - Apr 3rd, 2010 at 9:32pm
Print Post  
Hourman II

Identity: Richard "Rick" Tyler

Powers:
1. Heightened Strength (B): +30
2. Heightened Endurance (B): +20
3. Heightened Agility (B): +8
4. Invulnerability: 10 Points
5. Speed Bonus: +25"
6. Special Requirement: Miraclo Pills:

STR: 45
AGL: 23
INT: 11

Origin/Background: Rick is the son of the original Hourman who's taken up his father's name.

Notes: Once again, I'm keeping it simple, as they've expanded his abilities since his appearance in Infinity Inc. to include the ability to see one hour forward in time.
« Last Edit: Jan 6th, 2013 at 11:10pm by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #27 - Apr 3rd, 2010 at 9:42pm
Print Post  
Doctor Midnight

Identity: Dr.  Elizabeth "Beth" Chapel
Level: 3
Training:

Powers:
1. Heightened Senses: Night Vision: Can see in darkness.
2. Darkness Control Device: Blackout Bombs:
3. Natural Weaponry (Unarmed Combat Training): +2 to hit, +4 Damage.
4. Physical Handicap: Blind: Can only see in darkness.

Origin/Background: Dr. Beth Chapel is the only daughter of a minister in Orangeburg, South Carolina. Studying medicine, Chapel entered an internship in California and was taken under the wing of famed surgeon Dr. Charles McNider. McNider believed that Chapel had potential to perhaps be the most talented surgeon he had met in his career.

Her mentor, Dr. Charles McNider, was actually the wartime hero once calling himself Dr. Mid-Nite. McNider and a team of of fellow physicians gave Chapel Hi-tech ocular implants causing a connection to her pineal gland, allowing to partially restore her vision. Although her eyes became too sensitive for normal light, Chapel developed extremely sharp vision in total darkness. She was than surprised to find out that her mentor, McNider, revealed himself as Dr. Mid-Nite. On that encounter McNider inspired Chapel to look at her misfortune as a unique gift. She then met Rick Tyler the son of the original Hour-Man, and discovered she could see in darkness while fighting some of the Anti-Monitor's shadow demons. Chapel fashioned a set of special goggles, a set of "blackout bombs" grenades, and created a costume to become the new Dr. Midnight, and joined with the new Hour-Man, petitioned to join Infinity Inc. Only briefly adventuring with the group, and being the in house physician, Chapel served as a dedicated member of Infinity Inc.
« Last Edit: Jan 6th, 2013 at 10:56pm by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #28 - Apr 3rd, 2010 at 11:06pm
Print Post  
Wildcat II

Identity: Yolanda Montez
Side: Infinity Inc.           Sex: Female

Powers:
1. Feline Powers:
a) Heightened Agility: +14
b) Heightened Endurance: +8
c) Heightened Defense: -4 to be hit.
d) Heightened Senses: Night Vision, Enhanced Sense of Smell: No penalties for Darkness, 3x Detect Hidden, also allows her to track her prey. Save vs. INT on 1d20 to track.
e) Natural Weaponry: +3 to hit, +6 damage
f) Speed Bonus: leaping ability: +10"

STR: 14
AGL: 28
INT: 14

Origin/Background:
« Last Edit: May 23rd, 2010 at 8:43am by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #29 - Apr 4th, 2010 at 10:13am
Print Post  
While I'm at it, I figure I might as wll toss in some of Infinity Inc.'s rouges gallery.

Psycho Pirate

Injustice Unlimited
Artemis/Tigress II
The Dummy
The Fiddler
Gentleman Ghost
Harlequin
Hazard
Icicle II
Rag Doll
Solomon Grundy
The Shade
The Wizard
« Last Edit: Apr 4th, 2010 at 10:21am by dsumner »  

YIM  
IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Reply #30 - May 23rd, 2010 at 8:44am
Print Post  
After much procrastination, I finally got around to adding some stats to these guys. Let me know what you think.

YIM  
IP Logged

The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Reply #31 - May 23rd, 2010 at 2:57pm
Print Post  
Great work as usual.  I really enjoy reading them

V&V character creation is too much fun.