Normal Topic Different Tiers of Powers (Read 425 times)
Mike
Teen Titan

I Love V&V!

Different Tiers of Powers
May 12th, 2010 at 2:08pm
Print Post  
This thread isn't so much about how powerful certain powers are as much as where they stand in terms of being basic/primal to being natural/psychological, to really only making sense within comics and games.

Here's what I mean.

Human Physical Powers
I think the most "basic" powers would be heigthened abilities and most skills. They're enhancements of what humans already do.

Species Physical Powers
A close second would be abilities that we see our cousins in the animal kingdom using: water breathing, wings, armor, heightened senses (radar) natural weaponry (fangs, claws)--as well as permanent Size Change Larger or Smaller and Heightened Speed.

Transformative Physical Powers
Stretching Powers, Size Change (variable sizes), and Transformation go here. Some Body Powers and Chemical Powers might as well.

Mental-Personality Powers
I lump animal control and emotion/mind control here. Even when the powers are superhuman, the ideas build on things we already see people naturally doing just through animal-training or using our their personality/position to influence/govern others.

Mental-Paranormal Powers
This would include Illusions A, Telekinesis, Telepathy, and any number of unusual psionics.

Environmental Powers
Flame Powers, Ice Powers, Plant Control, Gravity Control, Magnetic Powers, Weather Control, etc. Solid Energy Illusions go here too.

Superhero-Specific Powers
These are powers that only exist because there are super heroes. Examples: absorption (mimic others' powers) and sometimes weakness detection (when it allows the user to detect super weaknesses, like vulnerability to kryptonite).
« Last Edit: May 12th, 2010 at 2:19pm by Mike »  

IP Logged

>