Normal Topic Villainess: Triskaideka (Read 1752 times)
Darkstar
Sidekick

I Love V&V!

Villainess: Triskaideka
May 17th, 2010 at 11:06pm
Print Post  
Ok so Having run my group through this villains encounter, i thought id post the details up.

A brief Background... The year is 2100; for 75 years the earth has been a wasteland, a post apocalyptic nightmare brought about by a combination of pan-flu antivirus gone bad... modified to target superheoric powers, and then weaponized globally by a grieving mother with the ability to lethal virus into a semi self aware swarm of nanites.

these nanintes feed on superpowers, and once a person has died, the nanites move in and transofrm the host into a flesh hungry zombie... (a la resident evil's flavor!)

Identity: Sonia wall
Name: Triskaideka
Side: Evil
Sex: Female
Level: 16
Training: Hand to Hand Damage
Powers:
Natural Weaponry: (Retractable Cat Claws) +3 to hit, +6 damage
Weakness Detection: 1" range, one action, learn 1 weakness and gain +5 to hit that target, (shared amongst all of her duplicates)
Regeneration: All except psionics
Heightened Agility B: +25
Heightened Endurance B: +22
Mutant Power: duplication. Splits into 13 forms… Action to form one duplicate. Duplicates have 1/2 hp and 1/2 power of original.) when one form is destroyed, (or absorbed using an action,) she heals for 1/2 hp of the duplicate. can only reform duplicates once all forms are destroyed, or reabsorbed back into original.) Main form can gain temp hp above normal,but those hp disappear after 24 hr. if she is reduced to 0 hp, one of her forms is destroyed, and heals her for 1/2 hp of duplicate.
Weakness: Zombie Plague; Intelligence reduced to 4, low self control: (intense hunger to consume living beings flesh) nervous system is corrupted by the anti power death virus (zombie plague nanites), not subject to unconsciousness.)
Weight: 120 Basic Hits: 3
Strength: 17 Endurance: 37
Agility: 38 Intelligence: 14
Charisma: 17
Hit mod: 26.218
Healing Rate: 3.3
Hit Points: 79
Power: 106
Movement: 92"
Carry Cap: 581lbs Damage: 1d8
Damage Mod: +5
Accuracy Mod: +6

Attacks: Hand to hand: 14 /1d8+20

Background: Triskaideka was one of the last great supervillians challenging the north american continent, until she finally succumbed to the deadly Antipower death virus. (commonly know as APDV) finally captured by several heroes working without the use of their powers, she was incarcerated and brought to a secure facility where she was experimented on in order to test ways of curing the plague. with her ability to create duplicates of herself, and each new duplicate just as infected as the original with the zombie plague, she was able to provide years of research. However, at some point it was discovered that the neurotxin provided by certain jellyfish, is able to disrupt the communication pathways within the cells of infected beings. this enabled her to regain the use of her intellect, and an ability to fight against the hunger for living flesh. she managed to break free, and now keeps a farm of jellyfish around so she can maintain her freedom from zombiefacation process.

There were 5 heroes that went in to face off against her... the team lead managed to do some decent pre-battle planning... which i think allowed them to survive this encounter. He had the ability to get the layout of the encounter field before hand, and assuimng he was going to go in against numerous numbers... managed to place his team, limiting the amount of foes able to get at the heroes.

even so, it was a tough fight. all parties around had a fairly good to hit ability. only one hero was working witha -1 to hit based on his level, three had a standard to hit chance, and one even had a plus 1.

and my dice were on fire. i think at the very end, i was probably one attack away from taking anyone of the heroes down permanently, before she finally yielded... (at only 9 hp, and no forms left for her to heal with.)

this is probably the first time in my memory that the team has been so challenged... and i gave them the chance to actually use their powers. (in this post apocalyptic world, use of super powers attracts the nanite swarms, which drain you of power prettily handily, and once thats gone, they go for hp... and once your dead, you become a zombie!)

IP Logged

dsumner
Justice Leaguer

Oppresser of worlds

Re: Villainess: Triskaideka
Reply #1 - May 18th, 2010 at 12:41am
Print Post  
Thanks for posting Darkstar. Care to share any additional details on the your game?

"There is no such things as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men."

"Nemo me impune lacessit"
YIM  
IP Logged

Darkstar
Sidekick

I Love V&V!

Reply #2 - May 18th, 2010 at 10:21am
Print Post  
This is the shared universe that a few posting here participate in, majestic is one of them. this is our Guardian-of-earth group.

I dont want to give too many more details of the particular setting they are in, but so far they've learned everything i posted.

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #3 - May 18th, 2010 at 6:39pm
Print Post  
Yes, this is the post-apocalyptic world I've posted about a few times.

VERY nasty, especially when you're facing villains like the one above or zombie dinosaurs!    Shocked

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #4 - May 18th, 2010 at 6:40pm
Print Post  
Great to have you posting here, dark star!    Smiley  I'd love it if a few more from our group made it over here as well.

Great session on Saturday, btw.    Wink

IP Logged

The Cougar
Avenger

Roll 1d20 against ...

Reply #5 - May 18th, 2010 at 9:35pm
Print Post  
This is the same one! oh man, that great!  Glad to have you here dark star!

V&V character creation is too much fun.
                                     - Doctor Foom

Megalopolis PBEM
http://vav-megalopolis-pbem.blogspot.com/

IP Logged

Darkstar
Sidekick

I Love V&V!

Reply #6 - May 19th, 2010 at 12:24pm
Print Post  
Majestic wrote on May 18th, 2010 at 6:39pm:
Yes, this is the post-apocalyptic world I've posted about a few times.

VERY nasty, especially when you're facing villains like the one above or zombie dinosaurs!    Shocked

hey majestic, can you point out where youve talked about the post apocalypse beofre? I'd be interested in checking out what was said.

thanks dsumner and couga!r

IP Logged

Majestic
Justice Leaguer

Guardian of Earth

Reply #7 - May 19th, 2010 at 9:26pm
Print Post  
Darkstar wrote on May 19th, 2010 at 12:24pm:
hey majestic, can you point out where youve talked about the post apocalypse beofre? I'd be interested in checking out what was said.

I just did a search of my last 50 posts, and I don't see any in there (the post search counts my issue summaries and characters for the Guardians campaign posted in the Fortress of Solitude, even though my post count doesn't change when I post there).  I've posted alot there lately so it takes up the bulk of my last 50 posts (which appears to be the most I can search for).

The only place I could find was here:

http://www.villainsandvigilantesforum.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1272669609

but I'm pretty sure I've mentioned it once or twice elsewhere as well.

IP Logged

>