Normal Topic Grappling/Wrestling (Read 895 times)
Big-G
Sidekick

Too Shy

Grappling/Wrestling
Jun 2nd, 2010 at 10:19am
Print Post  
Hey Guys,

has anyone come up with some decent rules for grappling?

Thanks,

G.

Edit: Sorry - just saw the rules for Holds.  Looks good.
« Last Edit: Jun 2nd, 2010 at 3:46pm by Big-G »  

IP Logged

Carpenter
Sidekick

I Love V&V!

Re: Grappling/Wrestling
Reply #1 - Jun 2nd, 2010 at 6:50pm
Print Post  
Big-G wrote on Jun 2nd, 2010 at 10:19am:
Hey Guys,

has anyone come up with some decent rules for grappling?

Thanks,

G.

The Marvel RPG had a good rule about it requiring a yellow feat role (more or less equivalent to a special attack in V&V).

IP Logged

John
Galactus

The Master Cylinder

Reply #2 - Jun 2nd, 2010 at 7:02pm
Print Post  
We did this off the cuff, and it stuck.  To grab a person,  you need to make a called shot and it did no damage.  But then, you had them so subsequent attacks are at +4 to hit untill the grapple is broken.
   To break the grapple, the held person declares that is their attack and they roll Sd20.  The attacker rolls Sd20 and the one with the better roll wins.

EDIT- Also once you establish a hold and get the to hit bonus,  you do half damage from holds, but the target can not roll with it, and their evasion doesn't count.   So its harder to set up, but once you establish a grapple, its a big advantage in a fight.
« Last Edit: Jun 2nd, 2010 at 8:00pm by John »  

I am scary, very, very scary.
IP Logged

Black Bolt
Avenger

Leader of the Inhuman
Debating Society

Reply #3 - Jun 3rd, 2010 at 2:36pm
Print Post  
I've always done Grappling as a Special Attack. The player has to make his intentions known (i.e. I want to grab him so I can pin his arms back). Should someone get grappled, on their next phase they can try to escape. The pinned target & the attacker roll their HTH Damage dice. Highest number wins.

For example, Power Dude attempts to grab Running Guy. Power Dude rolls a success Special attack and the GM says he has grabbed Running Guy by his arm. On the Running Guy's next phase, he tries to escape Power Dude's clutches. He rolls his 1d6 HTH Damage vs Power Dude's 2d8 HTH Damage. He rolls a 5 and Power Dude gets a measly 3 - Running Guy was able to slip out from Power Dude's grasp.

That's the basics of how I handle grappling. Obvious various factors might come into play like various powers, training bonuses, and/or situation modifiers.

Cheers,
Tim

IP Logged

>